Virginia is "Best Managed State in the U.S."

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is awsome for Virginia's high grade! Had no idea Virginia would be #1 in the nation in government control & society at all levels! By looking at the categories, id like to say that:

The highway infrastructure statewide gets an A for reliability which is four laning many primary highways with bypasses. Also, having strict ordinances on truck routes so downtowns can attract commerce without the loud trucks. VDOT is not a bad DOT in terms of highway quality but thats as far as ill go.

Regarding money, the gas/alchohol/ciggerette taxes are one of the lowest in the nation so you get more for your dollar :thumbsup: Otherwise, i dont know much about the "money" issue in the state.

• 2 months later...

I have nightmares about Gov. Kaine. He is a political kook. He believes in 3rd trimester abortions (but is a devout catholic?) is against the death penalty (in an interview would not execute Adolph Hitler). I cannot for the life of me figure out how he was elected. Must be occupied Virginia again.

I'm sorry you have trouble sleeping at night. This isn't really the place for political jibber jabber though. This is a thread about Virginia government's management, not issues of morality.

Hopefully, Gov. Kaine and any future governor, regardless of political party or moral issue that doesn't belong in the government realm, will help keep Virginia at the top of this list

I'm sorry you have trouble sleeping at night. This isn't really the place for political jibber jabber though. This is a thread about Virginia government's management, not issues of morality.

Hopefully, Gov. Kaine and any future governor, regardless of political party or moral issue that doesn't belong in the government realm, will help keep Virginia at the top of this list

Cmon coupe..........we finally got someone else here that has sense! I totally agree with his comment.

Sense or no sense, and whether or not you agree with what was said, it still doesn't really belong here. Isn't there a part of this site called the coffee house?

I thought the mods had been over this stuff before?

:rolleyes: Indeed we have ad naseum. I was hoping that we' can steer ourselves back on track here but I guess it's time for a friendly reminder. As a general rule we try to confine politcal discussions to the coffee house. I would appreciate it if everyone follows this policy.

• 4 months later...

In my opinion on the whole governor issue here, I was very impressed and pleased with our last Governor, Mark Warner. He's was a business man at heart so he ran the state as a business and had 4 years to see a profit turn from red to black and he did a very, very good job. I heard that they wanted to pass a bill to allow two back to back terms but I don't think the General Assembly bought into that. Now as far as Tim Kaine is concerned, if he follows in the footsteps of Warner and does it right, VA can see a major turnaround. It takes time and patience. Now on the other hand, our past governors...Allen, & Gilmore....well. I'll leave them alone. I think (from a business standpoint) they did a horrible job running this state. If you can manage a state's budget and bring in more jobs, you've got me sold.

Archived