East Beltline Developments

GRDadof3

I've been to Bagger Dave's, it's pretty good actually. I'm not a fan of the downtown one because they don't validate parking and if you go even one minute over the one hour free parking period, Ellis nails you for $6. Added on to a $10 lunch, $6 is a lot (60% increase).

Not sure why the other parcel in Celebration Village hasn't been developed. I thought it was approved for a hotel?

a $16 dollar burger and fries!  It's becoming more common.  

I do recall talk of a Hotel there.  It seems like their could be a need.  The nearest spot is the Country Inn at 96. Nothing else north though Rockford and beyond. 

Interestingly that parcel in Celebration is not listed on CARWM.

a $16 dollar burger and fries!  It's becoming more common.  

I do recall talk of a Hotel there.  It seems like their could be a need.  The nearest spot is the Country Inn at 96. Nothing else north though Rockford and beyond. 

That's higher than I like to spend on lunch. :) Especially if I'm buying for someone else.

• 4 weeks later...

REI was the only store that was interesting for a site that was going to bring in some new higher end tenants.

True true. I don't know why they seem to have trouble getting high end tenants in there. The household incomes to the East and Southeast are sky high. Maybe it's too close to the GR border to the West which brings the average HH income down. 

If you look at their demographics the 1 mile radius is $119,000, but then drops to $77,000 when they expand to 3 mile radius. A power center like that has to draw from more than a 1 mile radius and 4000 people. 

The only bright spot is that the anchor 36,000 sf space could hold a WF's, if they wanted one.

And there's a mattress store!!

True true. I don't know why they seem to have trouble getting high end tenants in there. The household incomes to the East and Southeast are sky high. Maybe it's too close to the GR border to the West which brings the average HH income down. 

If you look at their demographics the 1 mile radius is $119,000, but then drops to $77,000 when they expand to 3 mile radius. A power center like that has to draw from more than a 1 mile radius and 4000 people. 

The only bright spot is that the anchor 36,000 sf space could hold a WF's, if they wanted one.

And there's a mattress store!!

Do you think the struggle in getting the higher end tenants has something to do with the more established corridors being a better desitination?

OK, this is what I can decipher from the site plan (all shown as "proposed.")

Massage Green Spa

GNC

Francesca's

Kirkland's (first in WM)

Bath & Body Works

Ulta 

DSW

Gap Factory

Yankee Candle

Athleta

PNC Bank

Potbelly's

Menchie's (first in WM)

Pieology (first in Mich)

REI, Pet Supplies Plus and Party City all appear to be gone. 

Still two larger stores and two 8000 - 9000 sf stores remaining. and a mattress store! 

Massage Green Spa

GNC

Francesca's

Kirkland's (first in WM)

Bath & Body Works

Ulta 

DSW

Gap Factory

Yankee Candle

Athleta

PNC Bank

Potbelly's

Menchie's (first in WM)

Pieology (first in Mich)

Still two larger stores and two 8000 - 9000 sf stores remaining. and a mattress store! 

*snore*

Massage Green Spa

GNC

Francesca's

Kirkland's (first in WM)

Bath & Body Works

Ulta 

DSW

Gap Factory

Yankee Candle

Athleta

PNC Bank

Potbelly's

Menchie's (first in WM)

Pieology (first in Mich)

Definitely disappointed.  Since I only live 3 miles away, I would have spent a lot of time there if they had some solid stores/restaurants.  I was really hoping for REI or at least a solid restaurant/brewpub like Gravity has turned into.  

I can't imagine that a lot of people from Egypt Valley/Ada are going to drive there for Ulta or DSW.  At this point, we have to assume the remaining buildings will be filled with things like Men's warehouse, RiteAid and a Subway.

Edited by Sparty97

Massage Green Spa

GNC

Francesca's

Kirkland's (first in WM)

Bath & Body Works

Ulta 

DSW

Gap Factory

Yankee Candle

Athleta

PNC Bank

Potbelly's

Menchie's (first in WM)

Pieology (first in Mich)

I'm pretty sure the Athleta store will be the first in WM too.  They compete with Lululemon, and that will be a good location for the Forest Hills crowd.

Menchie's is good stuff.

Edited by RegalTDP

• 4 weeks later...

The development that Pinnacle is building across from Knapp's Crossing has a few walls up and seems to be moving along quickly. You can see the location of the three buildings. Anyone here what is going in here yet?

Knapp's Crossing seems to be taking its time. Seems like they've been pushing dirt around the same area for about 4 weeks now. Always people on site, but just pushing dirt. :)

Joe

The development that Pinnacle is building across from Knapp's Crossing has a few walls up and seems to be moving along quickly. You can see the location of the three buildings. Anyone here what is going in here yet?

Knapp's Crossing seems to be taking its time. Seems like they've been pushing dirt around the same area for about 4 weeks now. Always people on site, but just pushing dirt. :)

Joe

I think that wall going up is the Goodwill store, since they're the only one confirmed so far.

Here's the site plan if you're interested Joe:

17166846820_ae2cc28404_c.jpg

I believe the new owners of Knapp's Crossing have to make repairs to the drainage system and the detention pond that Benner screwed up before they can do any site work for the new buildings. 

• 2 weeks later...