Norway to built 200 floating windmills

Christian

Norway to built 200 floating windmills

Hydro is now planning its next step into the future, a windmillpark offshore with 200 windmills. The new concept is newly developed and has been tested with good results. The windmills planned in this windmillpark will be floating on the ocean surface. The windmills will be 100m tall and with a propeller diamater of 120m. The windmills will also be 120m below surface making the entire windmills 220m tall. They will be placed in the ocean, probably in Nordsj

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awesome idea, it just makes so much sense from an environmental standpoint. From a cost-benefit standpoint I don't know if it makes as much sense.

How much does this whole project cost?

I don't know how much it will cost, all i know is that the cost of the one single test windmill which will be finished in 2007 will be about 150 million N. Kroner (19 222 195 EUR {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} 23 059 020 USD). I guess the price on the windmills which will be in the real park will cost less, even though they are larger. Hydro say the project will be afortable even though the cost is pretty high.

Archived