Norfolk Development 2

vdogg

Not to puncture everyone's balloons, but the building doesn't look too special to me. The Kirn Library isn't my favorite building, but it is a period piece. Our children won't remember what a mistake the Bauhaus was unless they see a few examples remaining. Couldn't the Kirn be incorporated into a new building on the site? The new building doesn't seem to have much presence. Could just as well be in Waco as in Norfolk. Of course, the same could be said of the Kirn. Still, it seems undistinguished.

Not to puncture everyone's balloons, but the building doesn't look too special to me. The Kirn Library isn't my favorite building, but it is a period piece. Our children won't remember what a mistake the Bauhaus was unless they see a few examples remaining. Couldn't the Kirn be incorporated into a new building on the site? The new building doesn't seem to have much presence. Could just as well be in Waco as in Norfolk. Of course, the same could be said of the Kirn. Still, it seems undistinguished.

I think pictures will do just fine. No need to keep ugly and short buildings around when much better use can be made of this land. I believe that if the new building gets built there it would be a perfect compliment because you have the macaurthur mall next door. How stupid would a thirty or forty story tower look there and then drop right off to the three story mall. The tall towers I think will have to be in the area of the old shipping center or the projects.

I'm sorry Rus, but they can easily do better than this. 12story.jpg

You can fit a much taller bulding on that lot and then some.

Okay now that everyone is clear on where the 12 building will be with LRT, can someone explain to me why the hell this 12story.jpg is sitting on the lot for the Hilton? And someone better be lying if this picture is "correct".

Okay now that everyone is clear on where the 12 building will be with LRT, can someone explain to me why the hell this 12story.jpg is sitting on the lot for the Hilton? And someone better be lying if this picture is "correct".

This was prior to the Hilton announcement. It's been up there for years. :lol: I should hope the actual building is far better.

Yet another project to add to the projects listing. I think i've got like a 2 page backlog. :lol:

For so long the city and media have said the Norfolk city leaders were working to rebuild the city. I always brushed it off because it seemed (obviously) far-fetched, but I realize now that they really mean't it (literally!!!)

For so long the city and media have said the Norfolk city leaders were working to rebuild the city. I always brushed it off because it seemed (obviously) far-fetched, but I realize now that they really mean't it (literally!!!)

Hardly any part of Norfolk is safe from being redeveloped anymore. It seems the entire city is undergoing huge changes and most definitely for the better. These are exciting times for sure!

Hardly any part of Norfolk is safe from being redeveloped anymore. It seems the entire city is undergoing huge changes and most definitely for the better. These are exciting times for sure!

My mom LOATHES Norfolk, Virginia with the fiery passion of a 1000 burning suns... and even SHE said "hey... it's really starting to come along and change for the better". THAT is evidence of its turn around!! :lol: