Norfolk Development 2

vdogg

It says that there is 22 dedicated parking spaces for this property. After visiting NYC you should know that you can squeeze a tower on just about any sized lot. ;)

For real. On a lot like that you could get a tower the size of The Meridian on it. But you'd have to squeeze the parking garage under it... which would push the height to 24-25ish floors.... :D:lol: The first building is gorgeous architecturally and you're right.. the second is pretty worthless, but the property itself could be a gold mine. Where's the second property in relation to notable landmarks like MacArthur or Granby? J/W

Norfolk Development

Hey guys,

This is on the city's development site. There is Trader Square, old pic of Granby Tower, Old pic of Harbor Heights, the Cruise Terminal, The Rotunda, St. Paul's Place, 388 Boush, and the new TCC Student Center.

The TCC Student Center will be a nice infill project, but is there anymore info about this project? I searched the TCC site with no luck!!! :huh:

Edited by lil-bear

Norfolk Development

Hey guys,

This is on the city's development site. There is Trader Square, old pic of Granby Tower, Old pic of Harbor Heights, the Cruise Terminal, The Rotunda, St. Paul's Place, 388 Boush, and the new TCC Student Center.

The TCC Student Center will be a nice infill project, but is there anymore info about this project? I searched the TCC site with no luck!!! :huh:

Man talk about typo's to the max! On the map, they mix up the locations for 388 Boush and Harbor Heights, and then on the pictures, they have the old Granby Tower rendering, an old rendering of Harbor Heights when it was only 11 stories, and they mix up the TCC student center with the Flats at St. Pauls Place. With all these errors, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw Town Center projects listed up here lol. J/k :P

Check out the image on the norfolk development website with all of the tower cranes.

It's about time they did some work on that site!! It seemed like they had the same information up there for over a year... I had stopped linking to it because it never changed (even w/ all the development going on DT). I wonder who updates that site. Maybe we can pull a coup and have Vdogg take over daily operations. :ph34r:

I wish they'd show some renderings as to what the exterior redesign of these structures will look like.

Are they being redesigned? For the Welton, Wright says they installed custom-built windows to replicate the originals. But the company doesn't mention further renovating the exterior. It seems that they think the run-down industrial look is hip.

Are they being redesigned? For the Welton, Wright says they installed custom-built windows to replicate the originals. But the company doesn't mention further renovating the exterior. It seems that they think the run-down industrial look is hip.

You mean to tell me they're gonna leave that burnt out piece of crap as is? :angry: I can almost see what you're talking about with the 2nd building but the first one has to go, or be renovated in such a manner that it no way resembles its former self. It's an eyesore.

Also, with the city trying to revitalize that very area I would be surprised if they made it past the planning commission without a little exterior renovation in the mix.

You mean to tell me they're gonna leave that burnt out piece of crap as is? :angry: I can almost see what you're talking about with the 2nd building but the first one has to go, or be renovated in such a manner that it no way resembles its former self. It's an eyesore.

Also, with the city trying to revitalize that very area I would be surprised if they made it past the planning commission without a little exterior renovation in the mix.

It looks like a place where "Fatal Attraction" could have been filmed, or something from a model railroad layout.