Norfolk Development 2

vdogg

Vdogg,

When and where did you find that AWESOME rendering of Fort Norfolk on the construction and projects thread? It's the first I've seen of street level renderings. That looks awesome, very dense and could be a very lively and active area. Definatley extends the downtown boarders. If developers utilize the old warehouse with the new buildings, it could become our Shokoe. :)

It has been out for many upon many years. It is very accurate to what they are trying to achieve.

Have you always had that picture up? I just noticed it yesterday...maybe I'm blind.

That place is gonna look great!

Damn Vdogg, what did you do? Take a shot of Cuervo before writing that last sentence. :rofl: You're spelling threw me off for a sec. I thought my brain was slowing down there. Then I realized the words were just fubared.

I'm just jokin' with ya. :thumbsup: I know...typo. :silly:

Have you always had that picture up? I just noticed it yesterday...maybe I'm blind.

That place is gonna look great!

Damn Vdogg, what did you do? Take a shot of Cuervo before writing that last sentence. :rofl: You're spelling threw me off for a sec. I thought my brain was slowing down there. Then I realized the words were just fubared.

I'm just jokin' with ya. :thumbsup: I know...

haha. Well if you must know I was a little intoxicated but damn, It doesn't explain all of that. :rofl: It's all fixed now though. :)

11. CAJE, for the following applications on property located on the northwest corner of Wood Street and Church Street; property fronts 436 feet, more or less, along the northern line of Wood Street and 287 feet, more or less, along the western line of Church Street; property also fronts 486 feet, more or less, along the southern and eastern line of Fox Street, and 99 feet, more or less along the southern line of Bute Street; premises numbered 555 Church Street (Parcels B-1 and B-2):

1. Amend The General Plan of Norfolk, 1992, from commercial/office to mixed use

2. For a change of zoning from C-2 (Corridor Commercial) District to conditional D-3 (Freemason/Granby Conservation and Mixed Use) District. The purpose of the rezoning is to construct a mixed use building.

The proximity of this to the Hoffler property makes me think that this may still indeed be related to Hoffler Tower. Remember Okinawas source stated that there may not be enough room on the property as is for all the garage spaces they would need. It would make sense to me that they may have purchased the property directly to the south in order to be able to extend that garage some. Just a thought. I may be completely off base but at any rate we should be hearing something by the end of the week. :shades:

11. CAJE, for the following applications on property located on the northwest corner of Wood Street and Church Street; property fronts 436 feet, more or less, along the northern line of Wood Street and 287 feet, more or less, along the western line of Church Street; property also fronts 486 feet, more or less, along the southern and eastern line of Fox Street, and 99 feet, more or less along the southern line of Bute Street; premises numbered 555 Church Street (Parcels B-1 and B-2):

1. Amend The General Plan of Norfolk, 1992, from commercial/office to mixed use

2. For a change of zoning from C-2 (Corridor Commercial) District to conditional D-3 (Freemason/Granby Conservation and Mixed Use) District. The purpose of the rezoning is to construct a mixed use building.

^^^This project goes before the planning commission today. Hopefully we'll have details, and info on whether it's connected to the Hoffler project, soon.

Thanks br0guy! Now we know where the courts complex is going. I wonder where they plan on building the new city hall.

when they build a new city hall, are they going to tear down the old one? I wouldnt really consider it an architectural gem worth saving. I hope the new city hall is built in an older style similar to the philly city hall or the old richmond city hall.

I think that the new city hall should be built where the current Juvenile & Domestic court building is.

I always thought the City Hall should be back on City Hall Avenue.

Silly, I know!

As to the arcitecture (sp?) I would like to see a blend of traditional and modern.

Something classic that won't be dated in a few years. (Unlike the current city hall.)

Edited by lil-bear

Thanks br0guy! Now we know where the courts complex is going. I wonder where they plan on building the new city hall.

What are they going to do with the old circuit court building once the new one is complete? I always thought that building was such an eye sore, hopefully the new 11 storey court has a bit more style to it. They'll certain free up some much needed space along a busy road for whatever it turns out to be.

Radisson for sale

Change ahead

Story

Never could understand why the front entrance to the hotel was facing away from downtown and Brambleton Blvd. They should tear down everything except the main tower (convert the tower to appartments), use the newly created space/parking lot front brambleton for office/retail space, and the main entrance parking lot for a new building.

Edited by Glassoul