Norfolk Development 2

vdogg

Haha, I just read this part :lol:

Another club, Fahrenheit, has been cited several times this year because patrons were dancing, which isn't allowed under its city permit.

Fahrenheit's lawyer said some of the city's regulations on nightclubs are draconian.

"When you play music, it causes people to spontaneously begin to dance," said attorney Kevin Martingayle. "We're not responsible for people who felt moved to move to the music."

Come on, cited for dancing? :rolleyes: I think that while they're dealing with this issue they may want to take a look at some of the codes they have on the books as well.

Well, we all knew it would end someday, especially with the residential stuff. Our office market is fantastic right now, it's just construction costs that are killing us. That being said, construction costs are killing everyone and this story is being repeated across the nation. Unless we see some moderation in that area, development will probably be far slower for some time to come.

I agree russ. At one time there was a lot of momentum, and now things have leveled off quite a bit. Hopefully something or someone will step it up...soon. Until then, let's sit back and have a little patience.

The state of the city address, or whatever it's called, will be held soon. Expect some annoucements in the near future.

I'm not too worried about this building. I'm more worried about what their plans will be for the St. Pauls quadrant. I hope they do some smart development and don't settle for second best. I fear we will be disappointed in what we get on this land that is running short of in the city. I'm tired of seeing suburban crap being thrown up to fill a gap.

2 items of note on the January 25th planning docket: (one is posted in the ocean view thread).

1. STEPHEN R. ROMINE, for the following applications on property extending 347 feet, more or less, along the eastern line of 30th Bay Street beginning from the eastern prolongation of Pretty Lake Avenue and extending northwardly; Geographic Parcel Identification Numbers 1560043407, 1560042164, 30559280, 1560040042, 1550939791 and 1560034742:

1. To change the conditions of a previously granted conditional rezoning

2. For a special exception to permit mixed use

Mixed use development, possibly related to Pretty lake Villas. No further details available

Nothrup Gruman signs as park anchor

In a boost for the city's new Central Business Park, defense titan Northrop Grumman has become the park's largest tenant and the first major defense contractor to locate there.

Northrop Grumman Technical Services Inc., whose primary customer is Norfolk Naval Station, has leased 14,108 square feet of office-warehouse space in the Taylor Executive Center, a two-building complex developed in the park by Taylor Real Estate Inc.

Officials with Taylor and CB Richard Ellis, which brokered the deal, announced the lease Tuesday.

I know it's an office park but this is some pretty big economic news for Norfolk nonetheless.

I searched for that address on Norfolk's website and there was another mention of it early last year, but it was about a single family house.

8. MICHAEL AND JEANNIE BINETTI, for a variance from the regulations of the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Norfolk, 1992, as amended, to permit a two family dwelling without complying with the minimum lot width requirements in violation of Section 9-2.6 (b) (1); premises numbered 332 W. Bute Street and zoned HC-WF1 (West Freemason Historic and Cultural Conservation Districts). Approved

Edited by cpeakesqr