Norfolk Development 2

vdogg

They may have sold. This is a block from Brambleton Tower and on the light rail line. This definately isn't for a house. This is on the design review docket for monday and since it is a "preliminary review" it is definately new construction. We'll see.

newtower.jpg

If you look this is the 20 story tower by Kotarides(sp?), This is right next to the YMCA

I don't think it is. If you look on the picture I posted The yellow pin titled "Brambleton Tower" is where the Kotarides building is located. I marked the location of this structure with a yellow pin titled "office/residential". It will probably be a mid-rise structure though due to the location. It's just inside the freemanson historic preservation district and they have to first pass the guidelines to obtain a "West Freemason Certificate of Appropriatness".

Looks like something interesting in the works. :whistling:

332 W. Bute; construction of office/residential building (preliminary review) *

It's this development. Definately not what I had hoped for. :lol: I'd rather they keep the current building that's there and remodel it, It looks nicer.

dunmore.jpg

TURZAC will be building two luxury townhomes and commercial property in downtown Norfolk. Nestled in the Freemason Historic District, just blocks away from the U.S.S. Wisconsin, this property is within walking distance to much of what Norfolk has to offer.

In other news:

A notice to proceed for construction of the Granby Street Connector will be issued on January 29, 2007. This urban connection is to facilitate pedestrian movement from the downtown area to the waterfront and Town Point Park.

The connector will include a pedestrian walkway with lights as well as extensive landscaping. It will extend from Main Street to Waterside Drive between the U.S. Customs House and the World Trade Center. To facilitate the expected increase in pedestrian traffic, a signal will also be installed where the new walkway crosses Waterside Drive near Otter Berth.

During construction, intermittent, partial, and full lane closures at Main Street and along Waterside Drive will occur. Public Works is coordinating the schedule with the contractor and will provide traffic alerts and updates to the public regularly through the City

The surface parking lot in front of the Wainwright building will be redeveloped into a small (2-story) parking garage with 95 spaces. This is to expand parking options for Bank of the Commonwealth customers. Call me crazy, but I think this was a missed opportunity here (weren't there originally plans to build an office building there)? <_< At any rate, the matter goes before city council tommorrow.

Actually, looking at the renderings only a small sliver of that lot will go to this (very suburban looking) garage. This is probably already the Banks property and therefore has no bearing on what Wainwright decides to do with their lot. Still, it would've been nice to have some retail added to the ground level of this garage.

It's this development. Definately not what I had hoped for. :lol: I'd rather they keep the current building that's there and remodel it, It looks nicer.

This reminds me of the 'colonial' townhouses on Colonial Ave in Ghent. They built 4 or 8 new 2500 sq ft townhouses, completed last year, and they still have 2 or 3 on the market, asking $448K, and hasn't been at all reduced in the past year. But perhaps having it in the Freemason district will help it sell better.

Two projects from collins enterprises goes before city council tommorrow. One is the "landings and bolling square" I believe and the other is the "Watermark". Not much info on the scope of either project at this time though.

The Landings at Bolling Square is "Phase Two" of that combination condo and townhouse project on Bolling across from the new St. Patrick's Catholic School, between Colley and Hampton. Demolition of the old apartments has recently been completed.

The Landings at Bolling Square

Edited by Chesapeake Pirate

Sorry vdogg if this has been talked about....I went to the Collins Enterprise website and there were several projects this company are doing/proposing in Norfolk, none of which I seem to remember hearing about. You guys ought to check out hteir site.

Everything on there website has already been built, at least in the development tab. I didn't see anything else that was new on there web site. Maybe I missed something.

PierPointe had alot of potential if they had done anything remotely close to that rendering. The brick and red looks 100x better than the ugly blue and gray that it came out to.

????

I can see PierPoint out my window and I am seeing predominatly red brick and a dark grey roof. It blends nicely with the complementary colors of Freemason Condominium....both the dark brick building and the lighter colored pier units to the north and with the USS Wisconsin to the south.

I think I know the building you're thinking of spiker. It is not Pier Pointe but I think it is Pier something (maybe just Pier condominiums). You see it just at you're coming over the bridge heading towards Harbors Edge right next to the Peta building. Is that the one you're thinking of?