Norfolk Development 2

vdogg

The only other residential highrises I could think of as possibilities would be Harbors Edge 2 and Hoffler tower, but neither of them have been through the design review process or been approved yet. I think a more likely candidate would be Rivers Edge since they've already received all their approvals. Could they really be proceeding so quickly on this though with the market in the current state that it's in?

Turner is doing Granby Tower. Guess they finally think they might actually build it?

I know they're doing Granby but wouldn't they have already hired this person by now since the buildings actually under construction, or does this mean we have more delays to look forward to while they get around to hiring personnel? <_<

They're probably looking for a project managers for Granby tower. These jobs can come and go with the actual constuction. No need for 3 or 4 project guys standing around while they drive piles.

Interestingly, Turner lists two separate positions, each with a listing in Norfolk and another in Va. Beach. I.E., a high-rise residential PM in Norfolk and 1 in Va. Beach. I noticed the other job listings in Virginia had only 1 location listed. Per your comment above, 1 could be for Westin and 1 for Granby, as people move from job to job.

Interestingly, Turner lists two separate positions, each with a listing in Norfolk and another in Va. Beach. I.E., a high-rise residential PM in Norfolk and 1 in Va. Beach. I noticed the other job listings in Virginia had only 1 location listed. Per your comment above, 1 could be for Westin and 1 for Granby, as people move from job to job.

Is Turner doing the Westin? I thought is was Armada Hoffler.

You're absolutely correct. Now, I'm wondering why they would have listings in both Norfolk and the Beach.

Well, there are 2 options. The City Walk development next to TC is supposed to have a residential high rise. They're still working on retail leasing the last we checked though. The other more likely option is City View, which has a 15-story residential highrise as part of its second phase. Phase 2 should start later this year.

I think I mentioned this development a month or so ago but it looks like it's advancing fairly quickly. Still don't know the details of it though.

WENDELL FRANKLIN, for the following applications on property beginning 450 feet, more or less, from the northern line of Delaware Avenue and extending 480 feet, more or less, along the western line of Llewellyn Avenue and then continues 520 feet, more or less, along the western line of Granby Street:

a. To amend The City of Norfolk Zoning Ordinance, 1992 as amended, Chapter 27, Planned Development (PD) so as to create the River House Planned Development (PD-R RH).

b. To change the zoning from C-2 (Corridor Commercial) District and PCO

Instead of posting in each thread, i'll just post here. Several downtown projects go before design review today. The only one i'm truly excited about in this list is Cosmo 418. Here's hoping everything goes well for them. :)

Any news? Or is it too early?

Also, I saw several workers at the corner of Granby and Brambleton in the building by the vacant lot--across from bus station. Anyone know what that might be?

Edited by Sky06

Nothing special here, but I have a couple of pictures from the renovation going on at Duke(?) and Brambleton.

435179843_47a56eff50_o.jpg

435179907_d1fc100ba1_o.jpg

It actually looks far better than the blandness that the renderings portrayed (this is Franklin condominiums btw). This may wind up looking fairly interesting once all is said and done. The renderings made it look as though it would have just plain vanilla paneling.

It actually looks far better than the blandness that the renderings portrayed (this is Franklin condominiums btw). This may wind up looking fairly interesting once all is said and done. The renderings made it look as though it would have just plain vanilla paneling.

I think this is starting to look better. But clearly, the selling point for these condos (besides location) is the interior. Large, open, and high end.

Edited by Sky06

O ye of little faith. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my God! I know what cinderblock lean-to your talking about. Thank God, that eye sore is going! When I was at ODU from '97-02, it used to be bacially a walk-up cigarette and 'convenient store', then it turned into that used tire place. Slowly but surely...

Edited by metalman

As an Easter gift to the users of this forum, I have decided to release eight British sailors I've been holding since I found them snooping around my backyard last week - and I've decided to post this nifty new development map I put together earlier. As far as I know it is entirely up to date, but feel free to make changes/suggestions. It does not include completed or nearly-completed projects (like Trader and HH) or projects with slim/no chance of being built (Hoffler Tower). Still, it's an impressive map and I hope you all enjoy!

451176798_d55cf2226f_o.jpg

Downtown Norfolk Development Map Key

A. Belmont at Freemason

B. Granby Tower

C. Federal courthouse expansion

D. Virginia Arts Festival headquarters

E. Wachovia Center

F. St. Paul

As an Easter gift to the users of this forum, I have decided to release eight British sailors I've been holding since I found them snooping around my backyard last week - and I've decided to post this nifty new development map I put together earlier. As far as I know it is entirely up to date, but feel free to make changes/suggestions. It does not include completed or nearly-completed projects (like Trader and HH) or projects with slim/no chance of being built (Hoffler Tower). Still, it's an impressive map and I hope you all enjoy!

451176798_d55cf2226f_o.jpg

Downtown Norfolk Development Map Key

A. Belmont at Freemason

B. Granby Tower

C. Federal courthouse expansion

D. Virginia Arts Festival headquarters

E. Wachovia Center

F. St. Paul's corridor

G. 400 Granby St (proposed office tower to replace vacant retail space)

H. Cosmo 418

I. Juvenile and Domestic Courts location (possible tower site)

J. Hilton Hotel and conference center

K. Snyder lot (proposed office tower)

L. Existing General District Court buildings

M. Pedestrian extension of Granby St.

N. Proposed tower to replace current General District Court

O. Main St. extension

P. LRT York St. station

Q. LRT Monticello Ave. station

R. LRT Plume St. station and possible HQ tower for HRT

S. LRT City Hall station

T. LRT Harbor Park station

Inset Map Key

U. Fort Norfolk Plaza

V. Proposed mixed-use development (the one we just heard about the other day)

W. 201 Twenty-One

X. Portsmouth developments (originally planned as six high rises but almost certainly scaled back; these will certainly include at least a replacement for the dismal Holiday Inn on the waterfront)

Y. Belharbour Station at SoNo

Z. The Gateway at SoNo

Very nice job. It's absolutely amazing how much space the St. Pauls quadrant will free up for downtown developments one day. It will almost double downtowns size.