Norfolk Development 2

vdogg

Very nice job. It's absolutely amazing how much space the St. Pauls quadrant will free up for downtown developments one day. It will almost double downtowns size.

Which is why I am hoping for a grid pattern through that area. It would make it much easier to expand downtown that way in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Look what I found. The Franklin condo development finally has a web site.

Franklin Condos

After selecting, "The Franklin," click it again to get more tabs showing floor plans, etc.

Only 1 sold, but maybe things will pick up now that people can see the planned interiors. They look pretty impressive inside.

Edited by Sky06

Look what I found. The Franklin condo development finally has a web site.

Franklin Condos

After selecting, "The Franklin," click it again to get more tabs showing floor plans, etc.

Only 1 sold, but maybe things will pick up now that people can see the planned interiors. They look pretty impressive inside.

I was hoping that given the market currently, these would be high end but reasonably priced. Boy was i off. At the prices they've listed, they're more expensive than the Granby Tower Penthouses!! :shok: For the wrong side of Brambleton, that's a stretch, no matter which way you look at it. An intro of $700K, up to $2.4 million. Insane. Their only hope in the market they've set their prices at is to say 'hey we have progress' and pull from Granby Tower deposits. And i don't see that one happening. This project has been moving forward for over a year, and they're managed to sell ONE condo. That would be a red flag to start, but to price yourself out of the market? Alot of dark windows are going to be facing Brambelton by the end of 2007 :dunno:

I was hoping that given the market currently, these would be high end but reasonably priced. Boy was i off. At the prices they've listed, they're more expensive than the Granby Tower Penthouses!! :shok: For the wrong side of Brambleton, that's a stretch, no matter which way you look at it. An intro of $700K, up to $2.4 million. Insane. Their only hope in the market they've set their prices at is to say 'hey we have progress' and pull from Granby Tower deposits. And i don't see that one happening. This project has been moving forward for over a year, and they're managed to sell ONE condo. That would be a red flag to start, but to price yourself out of the market? Alot of dark windows are going to be facing Brambelton by the end of 2007 :dunno:

I think that their overall lack of marketing is more of a cause than anything else. I think now that they have the website up, and with GT actually under construction, more will sell as the Franklin will seem a bit closer to things. A pedestrian bridge across Brambleton wouldn't hurt either.

They are going to have very nice interiors, maybe worth the price. However they have far fewer to sell, so I don't see them having a problem selling most of them. It will be one of those places that has to sell itself once complete.

They are high-end, a word thrown around way too much to describe having just granite countertops and a stainless steel fridge, but I have not seen sub zero applicances or marble showers and floors all standard in this market and so much more. Nothing comes close to this certainly not the Westin or Granby Tower. Even though I have to say it's not really my style...looks kind of old school...especially the marble, but it's hard to tell from the pictures.

Did anyone look at the square footage? HUGE! You look at that plus the features..it's a fair price. The problem won't be price it will be finding the right buyer for the square footage. Most people who want that space have families and most families want yard etc. so they may be a tough sell. I would rather see the building divided into smaller units, more affordable similiar to St. Paul lofts.

I think that their overall lack of marketing is more of a cause than anything else. I think now that they have the website up, and with GT actually under construction, more will sell as the Franklin will seem a bit closer to things. A pedestrian bridge across Brambleton wouldn't hurt either.

HAHA, Vdogg! Oh ye of little faith. I told you that the funky shape of this building could lead to some really unique interiors. These will sell because they are "real" high-end, unlike a lot of places that claim to be high-end because they have hardwood floors and a front paneled stainless steel appliances. Though the pretentiousness of the website could be toned down some.

They are going to have very nice interiors, maybe worth the price. However they have far fewer to sell, so I don't see them having a problem selling most of them. It will be one of those places that has to sell itself once complete.

You beat me to that comment. Expensive, yes, but 19 should be no problem to sell. The interiors are awesome, but hopefully the exteriors will be enough to bring people in. That side of Brambleton is actually good. Close to Ghent, the Chrysler, Opera House, etc.

"There are half a dozen large projects coming down the pike," he said. "If they all occur at one time, it's going to hurt us. Hopefully, they won't all hit at the same time."

Fraim said the city needs to be prepared in case that happens.

What do you get out of this? Is he talking about the Granby/Hilton/Wachovia ect... or something else. Hate to get my hopes up for a judgement call on words. Also I haven't figured out the quote tool yet. Sorry.

I take that back about the quote tool.

What do you get out of this? Is he talking about the Granby/Hilton/Wachovia ect... or something else. Hate to get my hopes up for a judgement call on words. Also I haven't figured out the quote tool yet. Sorry.

I take that back about the quote tool.

Granby, Hilton, Wachovia, Fort Norfolk, Belmont at Freemason, and Cosmo 418 are the ones in the immediate future that come to mind. This doesn't count the courts complex which will probably start in the next year.

I take that back. Cosmo, as innovative as it is, isn't really a large project when compared to the others I just mentioned. Perhaps he's talking about rivers edge at Berkely, or even the mythical Hoffler Tower. He could be including light rail as one of those 6 also. I don't think it's anything new though, yet... :ph34r:

This sounds new. I know of no development downtown with luxury apartments in this number (though Hoffler Tower was supposed to be 150 at one time). Anyone have any ideas?

Our Track Record

We have represented many national and regional businesses as they have expanded or relocated in the Hampton Roads market. We are currently working with a major revitalization effort to develop a mixed-use project, including 123 luxury apartments in downtown Norfolk, Virginia. We played an integral part in the development of residential and commercial communities such as Kiln Creek in Newport News, Harbour View in Suffolk, and Warrington Hall in Chesapeake where we helped the developers acquire land, obtain zoning variances and establish owners associations and worked with local governments to coordinate amenities such as recreation facilities and walking trails. We have represented franchisees and companies that own multiple sites, such as restaurants and mini self-storage units.

From here

This sounds new. I know of no development downtown with luxury apartments in this number (though Hoffler Tower was supposed to be 150 at one time). Anyone have any ideas?

From here

How many apts. are suppose to be attached to the Wachovia Tower? I think this sounds like the project they are talking about

Edited by rusthebuss

Well maybe we have another project looming for DT Norfolk. Maybe this is for the Snyder lot or St Pauls Quadrant. Are you going to email them and see what they are talking about?

I might, doubt i'll get anything out of them though. Since they deal more with the legal aspects of projects i'm not holding out much hope that they're actually going to come up off of any information.

Well they do say "major revitalization effort". Could they perhaps be talking about revitalizing the Union Mission Building? That seem about the right size for the number of apartments.

They also say mixed use, and I could've sworn I read somewhere that Norfolk was planning on using that as a temporary location for the central library. It could hold apartments and probably will someday, I'm just not sure if they would be this far into it this soon.

Honestly, when they say major "revitalization" I'm thinking more along the lines of DT plaza.