Norfolk Development 2

vdogg

I really don't like this.

http://www.insidebiz.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?si...DDA36ABC7E61921

City Council condemned the Hipage Co. property to raze it in order to build the new Slover Library.. They paid Hipage 1.8M, gave them options to relocate to in the city, Hipage Co. said none of them fit their needs. They said they will look at all the other options, and would not rule out relocating to another city.

City Council condemned the Hipage Co. property to raze it in order to build the new Slover Library.. They paid Hipage 1.8M, gave them options to relocate to in the city, Hipage Co. said none of them fit their needs. They said they will look at all the other options, and would not rule out relocating to another city.

Well that was to be expected ever since the library relocation was announced. Would be sad if the company relocated to another city...though I am guessing that would mean another city in the metro, but it brings up another question, what is the office vacancy rate in Norfolk?

Norfolk Mayor Paul Fraim said the library will

Omg guess what I just saw?!

A pile driver driving piles and heavy construction going on off of Church St.. I forgot the cross street, but it was halfway between Attucks theater and the zoo.. I was so surprised lol. What's going on? The pile driver was like 200 feet tall!

I also noticed what looks to be a construction site on Granby St. just north of the old Riverview theater by that little italian place that looks straight from a nyc neighborhood..

Norfolk has come so far. Just driving around the city you can see the progress that's been made.. Church St. looks so good.. The nice clean row homes and apartment buildings that are brand new.. Granby St. has brand new apartment complexes. I love norfolk lol.

Omg guess what I just saw?!

A pile driver driving piles and heavy construction going on off of Church St.. I forgot the cross street, but it was halfway between Attucks theater and the zoo.. I was so surprised lol. What's going on? The pile driver was like 200 feet tall!

I also noticed what looks to be a construction site on Granby St. just north of the old Riverview theater by that little italian place that looks straight from a nyc neighborhood..

Norfolk has come so far. Just driving around the city you can see the progress that's been made.. Church St. looks so good.. The nice clean row homes and apartment buildings that are brand new.. Granby St. has brand new apartment complexes. I love norfolk lol.

The development on Church Street is more housing. It was delayed while neighbor's concerns over the pile driving were addressed.

The Granby site is slated to be a medical office. Final approval was to go before council today. There were some renderings on the council agenda.

The development on Church Street is more housing. It was delayed while neighbor's concerns over the pile driving were addressed.

The Granby site is slated to be a medical office. Final approval was to go before council today. There were some renderings on the council agenda.

Thanks dude.. I'll go look at the agenda!

http://www.norfolk.gov/Planning/PDFFiles/CHBinvitation.pdf

The Planning Department is pleased to announce the completion of a draft plan for the Central

Hampton Boulevard Area. The draft plan reflects your input and efforts but we need your

feedback one more time.

WHEN

Wednesday

September 9, 2009

7-9 PM

Presentation at 7 PM

followed by an Open

House

WHERE

Ted Constant

Convocation Center

4320 Hampton

Boulevard

(enter on 43rd Street)

Free Parking in 43rd

Street Garage

I think you all should look at the draft plan. It's very very nice..

Edited by varider

Spartan Village to be razed for Public- Private redevelopment?!

Burfoot said that as properties come up for sale, the city should purchase them and eventually amass enough land for a public-private project that would provide a better gateway into the area and spur economic development.

Gateway to what? For whom?

This sounds like Virginia Beach. VB wants to upgrade Laskin Road/31st Street as a gateway to the oceanfront. But who enters the oceanfront along Laskin Road? Only locals.

Spartan Village is adjacent to NSU, but who approaches NSU from the north? Just students. NSU's "front door" is on Brambleton Avenue/I-264, not Corprew Avenue and Park Avenue.

Edited by virginia pe