11 story tower rendering

doormanpoet

The Lebanon line station will be at Riverfront. I have read somewhere that the Southeast line station (and perhaps other lines as well) would be in The Gulch where the multi-modal landport thing is behind Cummins Station.

both the landport and the new bus station are supposed to support multiple types of mass transit if i remember correctly.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have read somewhere that the Southeast line station (and perhaps other lines as well) would be in The Gulch where the multi-modal landport thing is behind Cummins Station.

both the landport and the new bus station are supposed to support multiple types of mass transit if i remember correctly.

I just don't see any sign that the MTA's plans for rail are integrated with either the existing bus infrastructure or other commuter rail lines planned. It's still a mystery to me.

Especially, I don't see how rail can be supported by the location of the new transit plaza next to Municipal Auditorium.

I like it. However, I could be wrong. Hey New Towner, do I like this design? :huh::D

You are alright with it. You know it could be a lot worse--and a lot better. It is a step in the right direction from the utter droolery committed in the recent past by municipal builders. You feel encouraged, if not elated. These are not the droids you're looking for.

You are alright with it. You know it could be a lot worse--and a lot better. It is a step in the right direction from the utter droolery committed in the recent past by municipal builders. You feel encouraged, if not elated. These are not the droids you're looking for.

:rofl:

Now THAT is a post!

come on people. I know it's not the most interesting or architectually appealing part of our most recent developments. yet it is still a VERY important part of our urban fabric.

On a lighter note, it would be cazy to actually take the bus HOME home!!

• 5 months later...

I will just be glad to get all the busses off of Deadrick. If you have ever been there early in the morning, the scene of the people getting off the busses reminds me of the movie, Dawn of the Dead.

It is really a safety hazard there because people walk right out in front of you and dont pay attention or do not care what color the light is.

I don't lament that this building is not going to be built. I do however, lament the loss of what appeared (to me) to be a good opportunity for Nashville to build affordable apartments atop the depot. I get the sense that there is a shortage of such residential around the DT.

They don't even have to privatize transit (as long as there's no state law against it)... all they would have to do is award contracts to a property manager or they could lease the air space or any number of different ways to do it on a project basis. They could structure it where they wouldn't have to put any money in it. MDHA did something similar with the Sounds ballpark.

Archived