NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

Common monsoon, it isn't that bad!!! LOL. Just because there are a lot of black people doesn't mean you are in danger. That is what I learned by moving in here. If you are talking about TALCO express, I just walked my dog down to that store. I have lived right down the street from them for some time. They just turned 36th into a 2 lane road with 2 bike lanes on both sides. The people that live on that road are fixing up their homes and and the large homes on that road all just went of for sale. They already rennovated the back side of the low income housing project there and they are going to keep going. NoDa obviously has something to it if WINTER PROPERTIES FROM ATL and DAVID FURMAN have moved to the neighborhood. As I stated previously, Crosland was just the beginning and we had to welcome them here in order for other developers to follow. You just don't bite the hand that feeds you. Bluestravelers are playing this weekend in the Neighborhood theatre. So does the David Grisman Cortet, John Hyatt and several other respectful names. That isn't enough to get you out this way?

Yes, they are going to preserve Fat City. KC wouldn't have it any other way. monsoon, I think is being a LITTLE pessimistic... but granted our city leaves him reason to be this way. Still, Uptown is NOT ONLY for the well off. Much of our middle class lives there. We also have section 8 housing in First Ward among many other spots. You don't want to build to allow large quantaties of POVERTY... look what kind of crime goes along with that. History has proven itself in that realm. N. Davidson has MANY mills and warehouses yet to be built. AGAIN, NoDa was an INDUSTRIAL town and to preserve its history is to rennovate those, save the houses and to build in a similar fashion. However, IT IS the arts district. That isn't going anywhere... we have more galleries than ever. We also have several low rent projects going up within the next year for artists. Fact is, there will be a little bit of everything in this area which is more beautiful than having it one way or the other in my opinion. That is true diversity... true color.

I live in First Ward. monsoon has been to my place, said on numerous occasions that it was nice and spacious...and yet now he calls it a "large closet." So take his pessimism with a grain of salt.

In any case there are quite a number of families living in First Ward...it is quite common to see kids playing with their families and people pushing their babies in strollers on the sidewalks. It is a misconception that families can't or don't want to live downtown.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes those tracks. I am wondering what will happen to the commercial trains that are presently using their own tracks. Will these trains continue to run along side the new light rail. Or will they disappear?

I am just concerned of the frequency of commercial trains that pass and their use of their steam horn. It can make my heart jump through my chest at night as well as during the day.

I assume one could get used to this noise?

Thank you

David

I have friends that live right there in those new townhomes and they say you get used to it. It does not wake them up at night.

Where I live downtown is about 5 blocks from a rail line and if I am awake you can easily hear the trian whistle...but it never wakes me up at night. I guess I am used to it.