NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

Just now, SgtCampsalot said:

Some shots of Crescent 36th St.

First from the spur tracks next to the tire warehouse and behind Fat City Lofts.

Then from inside The Yards at NoDa's parking lot (they still have their private gate up that will connect to Crescent's private street.

20161227_111220.jpg

20161227_111529.jpg

Followed the Lightrail this weekend, couldn't believe how 'YUGE this building is. 

35 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Wth? After two rezoning in 8 years, and even demoing that yellow warehouse?

Just now, SgtCampsalot said:

Wth? After two rezoning in 8 years, and even demoing that yellow warehouse?

I sort of thought they unloaded the design center to help finance future projects. But the description of the listing makes me think getting out of NODA as quickly as possible.

• 1 month later...

To me this is huge news. Great new variety of businesses, excellent new location for the neighborhood.

Heroes Aren't Hard to Find comic book store in Elizabeth is moving to the new "NoDa Street Market" renovated buildings up N Davidson St, just after Craighead, at Anderson St. I love this. Even though I liked it when they moved to their current location from their old PM spot (where Akahana is now), I've always thought NoDa/PM were better fits for this legacy Charlotte business.

Also, Crown Station Coffee is also moving there, after CPCC bought their Elizabeth Ave building.

This, combined with Deejai Thai, and Divine Barrel Brewing, makes this a brilliant, diverse range of offerings from one simple block. I'm really excited that this northerly stretch of N Davidson St will be utilized more now.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 4

That is absolutely tremendous news! That is going to be huge for "NoDa North" (NoDaNo! lol/groan). Hopefully it doesn't need its own moniker as NoDa simply grows in people's minds all the way down to Sugar Creek station. 

What a terrific start to the expansion. There is no shortage of old brick warehouses just waiting for development. Here are some recent pics of the current upfit work at NoDa Street Market:

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

IMG_2900.JPG

IMG_2902.JPG

IMG_2903.JPG

IMG_2904.JPG

IMG_2905.JPG

IMG_2906.JPG

IMG_2908.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

That is absolutely tremendous news! That is going to be huge for "NoDa North" (NoDaNo! lol/groan). Hopefully it doesn't need its own moniker as NoDa simply grows in people's minds all the way down to Sugar Creek station. 

What a terrific start to the expansion. There is no shortage of old brick warehouses just waiting for development. Here are some recent pics of the current upfit work at NoDa Street Market:

Thanks for the shots! I'm hoping a whole bunch of those warehouses can get fitted w new businesses before the apartments start coming in. While they're not 19th century style, they're still some very nice brick work thats worth keeping. Crazy, my dad used to take me out there for business appointments w various light industry folks. Whole new life it's taking. (Don't joke about new names, plz ^_^)

Brewery, coffee shop, comic book store, and Thai restaurant. Whoever marketed this property out is a genius.

Edited by SgtCampsalot

What a stream of good news for that area.  One thing severely lacking though is sidewalks/crossing in that area.  Hopefully something happens soon.  Did the small condo/apartment project that was supposed to be right above Renaissance fall through?

Count me in as letting the NoDa name extend up to Sugar Creek...already not a fan of this Villa Heights naming thing.

1 hour ago, Desert Power said:

One of the articles mentioned a Sherman Williams in this development...reminds me of the one in Plaza Midwood.  Strange

You're right, in this one, that is strange.

Hm... maybe Heroes is taking the place they thought they'd give to Sherwin... or maybe they just have plenty of space for all of it.

2 hours ago, Desert Power said:

Just feels like the businesses along North Davidson like the Noda at 28th shops and Noda Brewery area  are, well, part of Noda

One of the articles mentioned a Sherman Williams in this development...reminds me of the one in Plaza Midwood.  Strange

I wonder if the PM Sherman Williams is moving. It has a pretty prime spot in the heart of PM with tons of valuable parking, so I assume the rent is high and getting higher. 

12 hours ago, GeauxCLT said:

I wonder if the PM Sherman Williams is moving. It has a pretty prime spot in the heart of PM with tons of valuable parking, so I assume the rent is high and getting higher. 

I can't see it moving now, that store was renovated (built?) in the last 6 years when they moved from what is currently the JL Wearhouse on Pecan. And with all the home construction and renovation in the local area constantly slammed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I should have walked another block down Davidson recently. I figured i had seen all of Noda and turned back at Craighead. It didn't look promising so totally missed Bold Missy. Where are the Thai place and Divine going relative to this. All on the west side of the road?

15 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

Looks like I should have walked another block down Davidson recently. I figured i had seen all of Noda and turned back at Craighead. It didn't look promising so totally missed Bold Missy. Where are the Thai place and Divine going relative to this. All on the west side of the road?

Yep, they will be part of the first two warehouses on the left when you're going north down N Davidson. Caddy corner from the Renaissance condos.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

^ ^ ^ Agree, Mercury along 36th has a nice urban image.  And I think the Crescent building / complex is going to be a fantastic contribution to the area personally.

Curious to know from those in the neighborhood regularly, in particular during the week days, if Mercury / The Yards / The Lofts T NoDa Mills being occupied now has made a discernible impact on the amount of activity in the area?  Pedestrian, shopping, automobile, etc?  It used to be a a little sleepy on weekdays, 5 years ago.

Edited by UrbanGossip
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2017 at 9:04 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

I'm just putting this in NoDa. The Chadbourne mill has a border fence put up around it. Is the demo is near? I hope they ended up settling to preserve the smokestack. Was anyone at that final neighborhood meeting?

20170221_080436.jpg

Asbestos Abatement. 

20 hours ago, UrbanGossip said:

^ ^ ^ Agree, Mercury along 36th has a nice urban image.  And I think the Crescent building / complex is going to be a fantastic contribution to the area personally.

Curious to know from those in the neighborhood regularly, in particular during the week days, if Mercury / The Yards / The Lofts T NoDa Mills being occupied now has made a discernible impact on the amount of activity in the area?  Pedestrian, shopping, automobile, etc?  It used to be a a little sleepy on weekdays, 5 years ago.

I was there on Monday for lunch...it's still pretty sleepy....especially when you compare it to a weekend.