NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

On 3/7/2017 at 9:35 AM, UrbanGossip said:

^ ^ ^ Agree, Mercury along 36th has a nice urban image.  And I think the Crescent building / complex is going to be a fantastic contribution to the area personally.

Curious to know from those in the neighborhood regularly, in particular during the week days, if Mercury / The Yards / The Lofts T NoDa Mills being occupied now has made a discernible impact on the amount of activity in the area?  Pedestrian, shopping, automobile, etc?  It used to be a a little sleepy on weekdays, 5 years ago.

I can't speak to lunch, but weekend evenings and weekends in general are much busier than they were five years ago.

Agree completely.  I like everything about the place except the food.  I've tried four times and I'm done.

Charlotte has arrived, there are now overly popular terrible restaurants in an "arts district" you guys should be elated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

How are people supposed to walk to either train station with Craighead closing over the tracks? 

The Sugar Creek station is on the other side of light rail from North Davidson anyway. So I guess they will have to walk north to that station unless a path is open south to 36th St

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

The diagram above shows both stations as being 0.4 miles from the apartments but to me the Sugar Creek station "feels" closer. I guess you can walk Raleigh St to the station without crossing the tracks, I just feel like closing Craighead is going to hurt, especially with NoDa Street Market opening soon. I guess pedestrians will just hop the tracks either way. 

As for 36th st station, these apartment dwellers will either need to hop the tracks to Davidson st and walk down, or walk Craighead to N Tryon and walk south to 36th. Or make a walkway/path from the end of Philemon to 36th

Y'all are welcome, I don't really get the cool shots of skyscrapers that others do so I'll show the photos I get when going through these old warehouses. I typically can get into some interesting places. Enjoy. 

Side note about demo: There are dozens of old doors, fixtures, 3-4 bathrooms worth of subway tiles (like the one above), sinks, desks, etc that is about to be thrown in the dump. If any of y'all want it or know of someone that would like that kind of stuff I would talk to the head demo guy quick. He didn't know he could sell that kind of stuff. I bet you could get a good deal. Most of it is in really good shape. Just a thought for anybody that would care. 

Just remembered: those tins of biscuits/ crackers are free to whomever wants them. They're on the loading dock off Charles. I would just ask the head honcho. He's in the white Ford F-250 up front. 

Edited by 11 HouseBZ
Additional point

9 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Thanks for the photos! I love old stuff like that, those biscuit tins are wild!

So what's the overall plan here? Another brewery? :tw_expressionless:

Office Space, Retail and Apartments

• 3 weeks later...