NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

8 minutes ago, kermit said:

Footings going in at the Craighead / RR / lumberyard apts.

sorry about the crappy train photo

Uhg, I'd forgotten about that project. That one looks as suburban as Yards at NoDa. 

Related: is Craighead still being closed? I knew they had kept it open until 36th finally reopened. 

7 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Uhg, I'd forgotten about that project. That one looks as suburban as Yards at NoDa. 

Related: is Craighead still being closed? I knew they had kept it open until 36th finally reopened. 

Boy Orange is trendy

image.thumb.png.75ff6729dc2180b026c9b94fe1ae5a26.png

image.thumb.png.974af25a22148735f5fd242911a6d7d0.png

image.thumb.png.29ea906aad3bbaf0d740d32c7e6650be.png

5 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Thanks for uploading the site plans.  I'm thinking that both of these projects on Craighead/Philemon Rd's will be more affordable than the others in NoDa/OP Areas because there's Surface parking rather than Wrapped Deck Structures.  People need more affordable options closer into Uptown.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the surrounding neighborhood to the north and east will not make that a desirable location for some time. Long term, when the concrete plant and metromont sites are developed - and probably an Asian Mall redevelopment - could make this a great area. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the surrounding neighborhood to the north and east will not make that a desirable location for some time. Long term, when the concrete plant and metromont sites are developed - and probably an Asian Mall redevelopment - could make this a great area. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/11/27/chicago-real-estate-firm-to-develop-apartments-as.html

Well don't forget theres a Chicago firm that plans around 1,000 market rate apartments on Flywheel land right near Sugar Creek Station

3 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Does anyone in the Noda area live in a trackside apartment and can report about train noise, vibration, horn and other considerations?

I can't speak to NoDa specifically but I grew up beside tracks -- the noise blends into the background pretty quickly (although horns are worse than the rumbling, so the area around Craighead my be noisy)

8 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Does anyone in the Noda area live in a trackside apartment and can report about train noise, vibration, horn and other considerations?

I lived on train tracks, and now live on a active shipping channel. I find the shipping channel more annoying, fog horns at 5am, yikes. 

6 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Noise isn't great as the horns are really loud both by Craighead and when trains are going in and out of the yard near 25th street station.  Vibration is only really an issue if you are right against it.

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/11/27/chicago-real-estate-firm-to-develop-apartments-as.html

Well don't forget theres a Chicago firm that plans around 1,000 market rate apartments on Flywheel land right near Sugar Creek Station

So - These two current projects under construction on Craighead/Philemon Rd and the Chicago plans (Sugar Creek station) constitute Flywheels previous plans of 1000's of apartments in their so called 'Greenway District' that was floated back in 2015/2016??  Or are these different?

1 minute ago, Desert Power said:

Noise isn't great as the horns are really loud both by Craighead and when trains are going in and out of the yard near 25th street station.  Vibration is only really an issue if you are right against it.

"Noise isn't great" means noise is bad? (Great can mean good or large amount)

3 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

So - These two current projects under construction on Craighead/Philemon Rd and the Chicago plans (Sugar Creek station) constitute Flywheels previous plans of 1000's of apartments in their so called 'Greenway District' that was floated back in 2015/2016??  Or are these different?

This is the first few phases of the greenway district, yes. The greenway that isn't going to extend to them... I reached out to the developer for comment. Could be a cool story if the greenway doesn't reach them.

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, southslider said:

Trains shouldn't blow horns once Craighead closes, or after Sugar Creek Rd opens.

They'll blow less, but not none.  Like they did when both were closed recently.  Even then, they still blow under Matheson.  And you have the line that cuts diagonally across Davidson above 36th that is supposed to be moved.......one day....

18 hours ago, southslider said:

Trains shouldn't blow horns once Craighead closes, or after Sugar Creek Rd opens.

When I lived in Dilworth, on calm summer nights with my bedroom window open, I might waken around 1 am and could hear a train horn almost continuously for several minutes, slowly growing softer as it travelled further out the line. I assumed it was the Crescent passenger train. It blew for every crossing, had to be doing that since the sound drifted toward me and then diminished and then the next horn sound grew an so on. From my distance it was a pleasing nighttime experience. For those near the track I imagine not so.

• Like 2