NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

33 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I hadn't heard that Behailu was moving - does anyone know where their new location will be?

I thought I saw an available sign, maybe with the repainting of the building my mind made it up. I'll check tomorrow when I go back to work. Or maybe someone up there today can check. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

From what I understand all the buildings on Bernard up to Tryon will be adaptively reused very soon. In fact the person who confirmed the Amelie's story to me, was the person who told me about this adaptive re-use project, so now I have more questions to ask.

In case anyone is as confused as I was, Google maps has the street name as Benard. 

• Thanks 1

Is that Sugar Creek Station on the left?

What’s the likelihood of any of this even beginning construction?

(My impression was Flywheel was more in the “hopes and dreams” section)

Looks fantastic anyway. I’d like to fast forward 10 years please... hell even just 5 if any of this comes to fruition. 

You said before that Flywheel was a developer that talked more than built so I assume this means they are hallucinating with this design. A good hallucination, no CBD here, the real thing. But reality chances?

I think they are getting equity partners for pretty neat sites they own. I think it’ll all get developed, at what level at urbanity/design I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JHart said:

I don't want to re-open the whole Jenni's vs local ice cream debate again, but I went to the newly opened NoDa location last night and it was fantastic! No line, try as many crazy flavors as you like, 3-4 dairy free options, and it was $6 for 3 scoops which was plenty for my wife and I. The plaza out in front of Novel looks great and this entire Asana development helps integrate the lightrail into the retail and apartment spaces, just a wonderful mixed-use development. Still 3 vacancies left in the building to fill as well

Can someone take a picture of this? 

Great picture! There's also 3 retail spaces in the Novel NoDa which is just to the right of this picture. If you look at Google streetview for the apartment complex you can see how close together the lightrail stop, Novel apartments, and this new building are to each other. 

Edited by JHart

2 hours ago, CLT> said:

IMG_3488.thumb.jpg.a408d4c2f3a073510f88b497518661c3.jpg

The rooftop at the Chamber from Wooden Robot bar.

Looks like it might be hot AF up there as the sun hits those pavers all day. I really hope its not, I love Wooden Robot and it will be on my way home from work.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Speaking of rentals with the now permanent closing of Craighead these apartments and their future tenants are a little cut off from NoDa and all the businesses unless they walk or drive around. wonder how this will impact leasing.

That depends entirely on the rents, and with only surface parking they'll likely be a great deal

• Like 2

I talked to Dev in the back, he said they're short staffed right now. 2 people just promoted up and out a couple weeks back which didn't help staffing. I've seen a lot of the normal morning cashiers have been stocking shelves leaving only 2-3 registers running. Got to be one of the busiest Food Kitties around. 

• Like 3