NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

• 3 weeks later...

7 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

I doubt there will be any official pedestrian crossing for the tracks, but the good news is it's pretty easy crossing as is on foot anyway. You'll have to carry your scooter over however.

Definitely no ped crossing, expect a fence instead.

9 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

How far is it from the Craighead Apartments under construction to the 36st Station?  Are these considered Transit accessible apartments?

They are closer to the Sugar Creek stop than 36th. Plus to get to 36th you have to cut back across the tracks and walk along North Davidson and then cut back north across the tracks. The current walk to Sugar Creek is pretty industrial at the moment too. Going to be a few years until that Flywheel development comes through that these would be pretty desirable in my mind.

53 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Well you could walk down to the end of Philemon and just "make your own trail" for the last little bit. The station is more or less right there. Philemon was originally going to connect to 36th St. Not sure what killed that idea.

Probably Herrin Ice and Coal not wanting their business getting bulldozed. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

Probably Herrin Ice and Coal not wanting their business getting bulldozed. 

Pretty sure they went under option at one point with a developer - maybe it was MPV?  Can't remember.  Rumor mill only, but I heard the site was a brownfield and badly contaminated.  Cleanup costs killed it for now.

• Like 1

I love, love those old Herrin buildings, and I hope they never come down (but...yeah, right), but the only impediment to connecting Cullman to Philemon is a modern metal structure that cold easily be relocated. I hope the city tries to work collaboratively with property owners--residential and commercial--to find ways where roads or paths can be made with new rights of way but not forcing total sales or abandonment. I dunno. 

6 minutes ago, tarwater said:

Ultimately I think this will be good for the neighborhood. That area could use a boost. 

And I think the future idea is to development more buildings on the surrounding property and have additional spaces for food and beverage and other retail.

10 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

All I ever wanted for Amelie's in years past was for it to be closer to a Blue line station, and to not be surrounded by an ugly and difficult to navigate parking lot. This is a win-win-win in my book.

Smelly Cat is exactly this and much better coffee IMO. No 24 hours though

• Like 1