NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

Took some photos of the new Amelies yesterday and but my computer crashed (literally dropped  my newer laptop  can't retrieve anything now) 

Amelies is well under construction on 36th St and the Herrin Ice and Coal site I did not see any action on that site except for some ice stacked up in one of the buildings.  

They were also clearing at the end of Benard Ave down from the new Amelies not sure what that is all about.  Clearing towards N Tryon.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

Is there retail space in the first floor of the current Davidson/Jordan apartments?  Looks like it could be or it could mostly be amenities 

You should be seeing all projects have retail now that TOD is adopted.

^Fun Fact....this building was the "Damn it, Janet" club/bar back in 2009 owned by Jeff Lowry. (RIP)

For those of us around way back in the day...he was also instrumental in the infamous Pterodactyl and Park Elevator clubs of Charlotte's past. 

• Like 2

Park Elevator was where the Pepto condo tower is today on South Boulevard. Next to the (former) Charlotte Trouser Factory building. Park could rock with the loudest since there was not a soul living within two blocks but those who made a home along the tracks in their jungle. Not complainers, they. 

• Like 4

Another find from my rezoning app review...

Fly Wheel Group filed a rezoning petition for 2.5 acres of land (proposed zoning TOD-UC) at 3000 N Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28206

This is almost directly across Tryon from NoDa Brewing...

no site plan yet, but application is here http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2019/170-185/2019-171 application.pdf

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

Grubb is doing their due diligence now,  it seems property under contract but not closed yet.  They said in another article it probably would not close for a couple more months.  

• Like 1

here is the subscriber article about in the Biz Journal.  the plans are in the early stages now and they under contract as I said doing due diligence.

""Grubb went under contract on the approximately 10.5-acre property, at 315 E. 36th St., last year. Though closing remains "a little bit fluid right now," the developer is underway on a master plan that will likely include a mix of uses, such as offices, retail and apartments, said Eric Applefield, director of development at Grubb Properties.  "We’re still investigating, but there are benefits to locating office in opportunity zones," Applefield said.   It would be the latest large-scale, mixed-use project for NoDa, a neighborhood known for its small businesses, artists and funky character. But with its proximity to booming center city and location on a transit line, NoDa is amid a seismic transformation that comes with hundreds of new, upscale residences and retail space with venues by locals, such as chef Paul Verica's upcoming Orto, as well as national tenants.    Clark Spencer, senior vice president of investments at Grubb Properties and manager of the firm's opportunity zone fund, said office space in an opportunity zone could broaden the potential tenant mix. Qualified opportunity funds can make investments in businesses, not just real estate, if at least 50% of a company's income is from doing business in an opportunity zone.  "We do think it has a lot of potential impacts," Spencer said. "We're looking to really make (the office space) into an innovation center ... (and) see how we can turn that into a startup hub. That could be a really powerful leasing mechanism there."  Also being considered for the property is a Grubb Link apartment project. The developer's Link brand aims to offer more competitive market-rate rents through, for example, efficient floor plans and a shared parking deck between apartments and an office building.""

it sounds like it will be a true mixed use office residential and probably some retail

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/01/06/what-grubb-properties-is-weighing-for.html?iana=hpmvp_clt_news_headline

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

here is the subscriber article about in the Biz Journal.  the plans are in the early stages now and they under contract as I said doing due diligence.

""Grubb went under contract on the approximately 10.5-acre property, at 315 E. 36th St., last year. Though closing remains "a little bit fluid right now," the developer is underway on a master plan that will likely include a mix of uses, such as offices, retail and apartments, said Eric Applefield, director of development at Grubb Properties.  "We’re still investigating, but there are benefits to locating office in opportunity zones," Applefield said.   It would be the latest large-scale, mixed-use project for NoDa, a neighborhood known for its small businesses, artists and funky character. But with its proximity to booming center city and location on a transit line, NoDa is amid a seismic transformation that comes with hundreds of new, upscale residences and retail space with venues by locals, such as chef Paul Verica's upcoming Orto, as well as national tenants.    Clark Spencer, senior vice president of investments at Grubb Properties and manager of the firm's opportunity zone fund, said office space in an opportunity zone could broaden the potential tenant mix. Qualified opportunity funds can make investments in businesses, not just real estate, if at least 50% of a company's income is from doing business in an opportunity zone.  "We do think it has a lot of potential impacts," Spencer said. "We're looking to really make (the office space) into an innovation center ... (and) see how we can turn that into a startup hub. That could be a really powerful leasing mechanism there."  Also being considered for the property is a Grubb Link apartment project. The developer's Link brand aims to offer more competitive market-rate rents through, for example, efficient floor plans and a shared parking deck between apartments and an office building.""

it sounds like it will be a true mixed use office residential and probably some retail

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/01/06/what-grubb-properties-is-weighing-for.html?iana=hpmvp_clt_news_headline

I hope they can use that sign and maybe the bricks from the old building, but I'm sure thats going to be torn down. 

• Like 1

I hope they can use that sign and maybe the bricks from the old building, but I'm sure thats going to be torn down. 

I’d love to turn it into something but it’s only 425 sq feet heated plus 325 outdoor covered area. I guess you could add on a modern kitchen building [emoji848]. Damn I wish I was rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I’d love to turn it into something but it’s only 425 sq feet heated plus 325 outdoor covered area. I guess you could add on a modern kitchen building emoji848.png. Damn I wish I was rich.

I mean, Brooks does a lot with very little space (or did, I'm still really sad). So I'm sure with a few modifications like you've mentioned and more it could work for something. That is, if you were rich. If I swing the hammer, could you pay off my mortgage? If you were rich? 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

I mean, Brooks does a lot with very little space (or did, I'm still really sad). So I'm sure with a few modifications like you've mentioned and more it could work for something. That is, if you were rich. If I swing the hammer, could you pay off my mortgage? If you were rich? 

Personally, I'd close in the overhang with glass, and have a roll up garage door facing 36th, theres already basically a perfect patio out front. I'd sell just two things, small Neapolitan personal pizzas and homemade gelato. maybe build a outdoor bar like what Goodyear is building, where he sheds currently are. I'd call it Herrin's fire & ice. 

11 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I’d love to turn it into something but it’s only 425 sq feet heated plus 325 outdoor covered area. I guess you could add on a modern kitchen building emoji848.png. Damn I wish I was rich.

The wine shop/bar at the McGill rose garden is very similar in scale and has done a pretty great job, granted they have the garden in their back yard, but still...

9 minutes ago, cltcitywatch said:

The wine shop/bar at the McGill rose garden is very similar in scale and has done a pretty great job, granted they have the garden in their back yard, but still...

Believe it or not McGill Rose Garden is 4 times larger.