NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

13 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

I must be in the minority glad something dense will be built on that land instead.

I doubt you are in the minority. I think people just see potential in maybe one of the buildings on the 10 acre site. Theres still 6.6 acres to build on.

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Personally, I'd close in the overhang with glass, and have a roll up garage door facing 36th, theres already basically a perfect patio out front. I'd sell just two things, small Neapolitan personal pizzas and homemade gelato. maybe build a outdoor bar like what Goodyear is building, where he sheds currently are. I'd call it Herrin's fire & ice. 

Take my damn money!

• Haha 1

The old warehouse between the Rat’s Nest and Novel NoDa (I believe the address is 409 E 35th st, it’s across the ACWR from Novel)

PS: Rush Bowls was dark and had a sign saying “closed until further notice”. That was a very quick fatality

EF7450E6-63B4-4972-9919-047F2BD552B9.jpeg

C1557F49-1D66-4D07-A109-F0F0F0AF2806.jpeg

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, kermit said:

The old warehouse between the Rat’s Nest and Novel NoDa (I believe the address is 409 E 35th st, it’s across the ACWR from Novel)

PS: Rush Bowls was dark and had a sign saying “closed until further notice”

EF7450E6-63B4-4972-9919-047F2BD552B9.jpeg

C1557F49-1D66-4D07-A109-F0F0F0AF2806.jpeg

This was NewCo Fibre, its being turned into Industrious Coworking by Asana Partners. Wish it had some retail, but its attractive at least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, kermit said:

Train shot of new Amalies construction plus the recently cleared lot adjacent on N Tryon (can’t remember what is going here)

59B42D30-B0FA-41C2-A841-E2776651804B.jpeg

plus Craighead apt progress 

Parking + additional future retail phases 

image.thumb.png.735821fb1ef9490eacfc6654f5c140f5.png

Edited by Guest

Hey all - we are looking to downsize into a townhome and quality and design are very important to us. We own several properties around town but we are almost empty nesters and are looking for an in-town, low maintenance lifestyle at this point.

Our must-haves are usable outdoor space and a garage, in addition to quality construction and thoughtful design (in terms of the house and how it fits in the community.)

We saw the Highland Park model by Heist and fell in love. Unfortunately the new buildings in the complex - across from the YMCA - will have a tiny fraction of the outdoor living space. I don't know whey they changed the design, but they've done away with two balconies, downsized the main terrace and deleted the below-grade entrance for the downstairs suite. I liked this feature for the functionality and the brownstone vibe at street level. 

Long story short - the new units don't suit us.  Kinda sick about it, would have written a contract on the spot.

I am posting in this forum because I know that many of you are kindred spirits when it comes to design and function. Do you know of any upcoming developments that are not mass-market (Ryan, Pulte, Vista) that may not be on our radar? NoDa or any walkable location in central CLT.  

Thank you!

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, ATxIn said:

Hey all - we are looking to downsize into a townhome and quality and design are very important to us. We own several properties around town but we are almost empty nesters and are looking for an in-town, low maintenance lifestyle at this point.

Our must-haves are usable outdoor space and a garage, in addition to quality construction and thoughtful design (in terms of the house and how it fits in the community.)

We saw the Highland Park model by Heist and fell in love. Unfortunately the new buildings in the complex - across from the YMCA - will have a tiny fraction of the outdoor living space. I don't know whey they changed the design, but they've done away with two balconies, downsized the main terrace and deleted the below-grade entrance for the downstairs suite. I liked this feature for the functionality and the brownstone vibe at street level. 

Long story short - the new units don't suit us.  Kinda sick about it, would have written a contract on the spot.

I am posting in this forum because I know that many of you are kindred spirits when it comes to design and function. Do you know of any upcoming developments that are not mass-market (Ryan, Pulte, Vista) that may not be on our radar? NoDa or any walkable location in central CLT.  

Thank you!

That's crazy to hear about Highland, I love those, didn't know the new ones were so different. I really really love these https://vistahomesclt.com/the-terraces-at-36th-street/floorplans/

4 hours ago, ATxIn said:

How much outdoor space are you looking for?