uptownliving

NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

4 hours ago, jf430 said:

(long time lurker here) Four Dogs is still going strong.  This is the other side of N Davidson.

Poe Noda.jpg

Welcome (to the posting side) of UP @jf430 !!!!

• Like 2

Chadbourn, né Larkwood hosiery, was built 1932 so that explains why it has a modern look rather than the crenellated, all brick classic mills of the late 19th and early 20th century. 

Nebel Mill was five years earlier and displays a transitional style between the classic and the Chadbourn.

https://powersearch.jll.com/res/btp/image/upload/v1561648240/prod/listing/brochures/2500_n_brevard_st_chadbourn_building_brochure_bcbvuk.pdf

National Hosiery Manufacturers Association was HQ in Charlotte for many years. It disbanded due to many issues. Still many hosiery mills in the U. S.

• Like 3

Sunshine Daydreams is sadly vacating, opening up a prime spot in the heart of Noda. Meanwhile "Bargarita" (barf) next door has been 'coming soon' for nine months.

IMG_20200522_155639555.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tarwater said:

...Meanwhile "Bargarita"...

This is the most horrible thing I have heard this week. NoDa could become a cross of the worst parts of the French Quarter and Carowinds.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

Ive always thought sunshine daydreams was a very under utilized spot. I’ve lived in NoDa for the last 8 months and I’m honestly not sure I’ve ever seen anyone go in or come out.

5 hours ago, Niner National said:

Ive always thought sunshine daydreams was a very under utilized spot. I’ve lived in NoDa for the last 8 months and I’m honestly not sure I’ve ever seen anyone go in or come out.

That's because we would always slither in when nobody was looking ;)

This is sad news, but purely on principle rather :(

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2020 at 10:27 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

That's because we would always slither in when nobody was looking ;)

This is sad news, but purely on principle rather :(

I feel the same way. It's good to have one to walk to, but High Life on Hawthorne/Central is just so much better.

3 hours ago, Desert Power said:

I feel the same way. It's good to have one to walk to, but High Life on Hawthorne/Central is just so much better.

Now that you mention it, Sunshine Daydreams had a TON of art, decor, clothing, etc, whereas High Life has a huge assortment of paraphernalia and just product generally involved with consumption. I wonder how much that made a difference.