NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Not sure if this should fall under Midwood, Plaza-Shamrock or NoDa but a Mattie’s Diner sign is up on the Tire Depot building at the corner of The Plaza and Shamrock. 
87338EC5-DFF8-4983-B5E6-3F5EFF3DF943.thumb.jpeg.ddf236ddf1b608af8acb002bc3333797.jpeg
I recently noticed that the "Coming Soon" sign is no longer at the Tire Depot. I hope that this isn't an indication that the project isn't moving forward, but given the impacts of the pandemic, it wouldn't totally surprise me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, JeanClt said:

Property is owned by BP NODA LLC

"a Notice of Intent to Redevelop a Brownfields Property (“Property”) in Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. The Brownfields Property comprises two parcels totaling 8.33 acres and located at 2710 Chick Godley Road."

"2710 Chick Godley Road" is probably the road the development is going to be on though I'm not too sure.

"The Brownfields Property is currently vacant, undeveloped land bisected by Little Sugar Creek which has created low lying flood plains between the two parcels. The flood plain associated with Little Sugar Creek is not included in the Brownfields Property" <-- this pretty much describes that location. 

What they're planning to do:

"BP NODA, LLC has committed itself to redevelop the Brownfields Property for: high density multi-family residential, retail, office, and with prior written DEQ approval, other commercial uses on the Brownfields Property."

Link to the Notice of Intent: https://files.nc.gov/ncdeq/Waste Management/DWM/BF/Website/PC Docs/BF-Matheson_Ave-SNI.pdf

Last I heard Oxford Properties is building 251 multifamily units across four buildings at this site, with Kimley-Horn as architect. Chick Godley Rd is going to  cut through and connect 31st to Matheson.

Edit: Permit filings also give the individual buildings addresses on Cullman Ave, which would create a much needed connection to 36th St

Edited by dencity
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

From CBJ: https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2021/02/09/avery-hall-noda-grocery-store.html

RE: The project at 36th and N Tryon

New York-based Avery Hall, working in partnership with Aria Development Group, is planning a mixed-use development at East 36th and North Tryon streets. It will include a 25,000-square-foot space for a grocery store, said Tarlton Long, principal and director of Avery Hall Southeast. The proposed store will be on the ground floor of a five-story building, with four floors of apartments above.

Seems like its about 20,000 square feet too small for a modern store other than the boutique (e.g. Fresh Market) variety. I would be very surprised if a N Tryon location would work for a high end store like that.

"We’ve heard from the community on multiple occasions that NoDa as a neighborhood desperately needs a grocery store*, and this is the prime location for a grocery store," Long said. "We’re working very hard with our design team to make it a reality."

* a grocery store other than Food Lion or Compare Foods

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, kermit said:

From CBJ: https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2021/02/09/avery-hall-noda-grocery-store.html

RE: The project at 36th and N Tryon

Seems like its about 20,000 square feet too small for a modern store other than the boutique (e.g. Fresh Market) variety. I would be very surprised if a N Tryon location would work for a high end store like that.

* a grocery store other than Food Lion or Compare Foods

Could be a Sprouts. They’re around 25-28k

• Like 1