NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

Interesting insight and thoughts @ertley

I live in Brightwalk and frequent the NoDa area. Better connectivity between these two neighborhoods would have a huge impact. 

Does anyone know what the plans for 16th is long term? Other than 16th we have to go up to Matheson or inside 277 to get over to that side.

A grocery store of any kind anywhere between those two neighborhoods would do really well in my opinion. I typically drive over to Southend or even up to Harris Blvd to shop at a decent store. The HT just inside 277 just doesnt cut it.  

18 hours ago, kermit said:

* a grocery store other than Food Lion or Compare Foods

My initial reaction is also always how dare people disrespect the Big Kitty, but I think a grocery store with walkable access from the XCLT trail would be great. It's probably too far to walk for actual NoDa, but would serve the new apartments across the railroad up to Craighead well.

52 minutes ago, ertley said:

But with this new development at 36th, Atando Street would be within reasonable walking distance--perhaps not for an average person's daily commute, but for 'destination' occasions. IMHO Atando provides a terrific opportunity for redevelopment, with mid-century light industrial buildings of the same ilk being repurposed all over town. 

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I really don't see Atando getting redeveloped for a long time. Atando/Graham in this area is very much active heavy commercial/light industrial and would take all sorts of remediation and you still really wouldn't be that close to anything. The Seversville/Wesley Heights area is a lot closer to Uptown and had existing parks and greenway access

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JHart said:

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I really don't see Atando getting redeveloped for a long time. Atando/Graham in this area is very much active heavy commercial/light industrial and would take all sorts of remediation and you still really wouldn't be that close to anything. The Seversville/Wesley Heights area is a lot closer to Uptown and had existing parks and greenway access

As much as I like @ertley's ideas, this is far more realistic.  There is a lot of traffic on this route...as someone that depended on it for 77 access for a bit :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, KJHburg said:

about the development around Sugar Creek Rd station.  NoNoDa my name or UpNoDa  upper NoDa). 

A Big Vision for North of NoDa - Charlotte is Creative

If you're going off of Google Maps like @Urban Cowboy this is just Noda, although I don't think I agree with the distinction. Either way it's a no from me dawg on any more acronyms like South End got.

On 3/12/2021 at 6:53 AM, KJHburg said:

about the development around Sugar Creek Rd station.  NoNoDa my name or UpNoDa  upper NoDa). 

A Big Vision for North of NoDa - Charlotte is Creative

If you're trying to give someone a reference point, perhaps just say "NoDa area near Sugar Creek Station."  The same could have been done in other areas without coming up with micro-neighborhood names like LoSo.  Perhaps in the future when those areas become much more populated and dense the distinctions may become necessary, but not now.

• Like 2

I can't help but notice that the neighborhood is south of NoDa and the southern portion of Parkwood Ave is a major road in that area.  I therefore, resubmit an old idea for consideration.
Welcome home... to SoDaSoPa
welcome-home.jpg?w=620&key=93c98774f9f5ea014cb088f2492ccabab1d5cafb8d234e0a8e3f07c9ef139278
Old ideas are new again.

Hahaha! I second that, on the condition there will be some version of great views of historic Kenny’s house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JacksonH said:

Too bad it's not the other church property closer to the heart of NoDa, but this is still positive.  And 12-15 retail units is very encouraging.

https://charlotte.axios.com/252962/micro-retail-and-micro-apartments-coming-to-noda/

Nice, David Furman coming through.

I can't figure out, though: are they preserving the main church building for the retail?

2 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Nice, David Furman coming through.

I can't figure out, though: are they preserving the main church building for the retail?

I didn't get the feeling that they're saving the church building.  Does it have any historical or architectural significance?

• Like 1