NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

Grubb is building an approx. 100,000 sq ft office building at the Herrin Ice site on 36th St. 

Overall I do think office development will not be nearly as much asin  Southend as there is just better road network in that area. And honestly most of the best sites are being snapped up by apartment developers along the light rail north of uptown.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

these names are very subjective as I would call this NoDa as Villa Heights is more the neighborhood on the other side of N Davidson heading towards the Plaza.  NoDa is a made up name like Southend as this area would have been called North Charlotte many years ago. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 6:52 PM, Desert Power said:

A little dark, but the new Camden building is massive:

20210629_203542.jpg

20210629_203512.jpg

Google Maps has this plot of land in both Noda and OP. Anyone know if is in Noda or does that stop at Matheson even here?

What do you guys think of this area of NoDa?  Seems a little too far south to be "true NoDa" but all of the new apartment complexes being built have "NoDa" in their branding.  Do you think this area is getting oversupplied with apartments?  

Has anyone heard about Lintmen's Food Hall, tenants, opening date, etc?  Their website says it will open in 2021 but I haven't really heard anything or seen anything regarding tenants or renovation progress.  I think that's really going to make this south NoDa/north Optimist Park area really blow up along with the Seoul Food that's opening behind Lintmen's.  

Also, what's going on with the 25th Street Living Bridge?  I think that's going to help tremendously with connectivity to the light rail, but I haven't really seen or heard much about how close they are to opening.  Their website also says a 2021 opening.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

25th Street bridge opened.  (and will there be a light at N Davidson and 25th I could not even turn left there so much traffic)  Camden NoDa apartments.  Johnston Mill apartments.   Last photo along N Davidson are these apartments in this small building? 

IMG_0312.JPG

The last photo is a condo building with 6(?) condos I think. If I remember a couple of years ago the original plan was delivery in 2018 but presales were very poor and they delayed until finally last year they just started building them, and poorly at that. 

Edit: Oof yeah, 6 currently available on Redfin, listed for 1429 days...

Edited by JHart
Found for sale. $300k (1b1ba) -$495k (2b2ba)
  • Like 1

Being in an Condo Owners Association with just 8 other units that share walls could be really great..... or a nightmare. It gets even more fun when half your fellow owners don't even live in the building and just rent it out as an AirBnB or to tenants. The four residents remaining get to be COA President, Treasurer, and Secretary by default. 

Edited by CLT2014

Yes those condos are called NoDa Terrace and only 8 and the elevator comes directly to your front door which is nice. Units from 299K to 495K available interesting that 6 are still available out of 8 but they have delayed marketing of some units until they were further along with construction which is happening in new builds right now. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Yes those condos are called NoDa Terrace and only 8 and the elevator comes directly to your front door which is nice. Units from 299K to 495K available interesting that 6 are still available out of 8 but they have delayed marketing of some units until they were further along with construction which is happening in new builds right now. 

Man, I sure wouldn't want to own 1/8th of an elevator. That's a lot of ongoing maintenance cost (in the best case scenario if there is a contract - I'll bet as much as $300-400/unit/year in this case), plus repair for malfunction (at emergency rates if someone is trapped). Worst case scenario is that regular maintenance isn't kept up and there are major issues from that neglect down the road. 

Just one more thing for the HOA board members to think about. And having been on the board in a small HOA community recently I'll bet they will be lucky to have 2 homeowners willing to serve on the board. Maintenance free living! (for the 6 owners who don't help on the board)  :silly:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slipperypete said:

Man, I sure wouldn't want to own 1/8th of an elevator. That's a lot of ongoing maintenance cost (in the best case scenario if there is a contract - I'll bet as much as $300-400/unit/year in this case), plus repair for malfunction (at emergency rates if someone is trapped). Worst case scenario is that regular maintenance isn't kept up and there are major issues from that neglect down the road. 

Just one more thing for the HOA board members to think about. And having been on the board in a small HOA community recently I'll bet they will be lucky to have 2 homeowners willing to serve on the board. Maintenance free living! (for the 6 owners who don't help on the board)  :silly:

Small building elevators aren't too bad from a Maintenance stand point. I worked with Otis a lot on smaller facility elevators and a PM contract would run a 1000 or 2000 a year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...