NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

31 minutes ago, TGIBridays said:

Are you talking about this project (Axios link) that someone decided to go full NIMBY about on the r/Charlotte subreddit because they were cutting down the trees?  (At least that's my ungracious reading of their concerns.)

Nope completely different project and none of what they are saying is correct. If anything Grubb is kinda responsible for beautifying 1/4 a mile of the greenway and is making use of 10 acres of snake sanctuary. There was a also serious studies in storm water mitigation because of the floodplain, and the houses that back up to it (which I live in one of them)

Edited by TheRealClayton
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TheRealClayton said:

Nope completely different project and none of what they are saying is correct. If anything Grubb is kinda responsible for beautifying 1/4 a mile of the greenway and is making use of 10 acres of snake sanctuary. There was a also serious studies in storm water mitigation because of the floodplain, and the houses that back up to it (which I live in one of them)

Ah gotcha. 

Yeah, I went back and forth with them for a little bit and figured out they were just using the trees as cover for being opposed to development in their neighborhood.  Which, I kinda get.  Change is hard.  But you can't live near a light rail station and not expect development. 

• Like 3

Back to the future Amelie's is indeed heading back to 36th St where they were going before the pandemic.  This will be a great spot for them with multiple apartment complexes nearby including Herrin Ice and Avery Hall's right next door.

A new chapter for Amelie's - Axios Charlotte

Avery Hall's is supposed to include a grocery store.  I have heard a couple of rumors but the space is about 25,000 sq ft.  

3100 North Tryon Street – Avery Hall (averyhallinvestments.com)

• Like 4

We need to figure out what is and isn’t NoDa. The rail yard and potentially one day park serve as major geographic barriers and I think anything north west of it needs a different name or the neighborhood will become diluted. Have NoDa at least be on North Davidson street…

On 11/4/2021 at 9:13 AM, KJHburg said:

Back to the future Amelie's is indeed heading back to 36th St where they were going before the pandemic.  This will be a great spot for them with multiple apartment complexes nearby including Herrin Ice and Avery Hall's right next door.

Avery Hall's is supposed to include a grocery store.  I have heard a couple of rumors but the space is about 25,000 sq ft.  

Wow, all those Brooklyn, NY projects, and then Charlotte.  Pretty special.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2021 at 10:05 AM, kermit said:

Painted on Art Deco seems like a strange choice for NoDa, the former mill village. Shrug…

EA8B6643-0D2B-41C0-92F0-0E7C94F441EB.jpeg

My vote is that this is kinda cool and will be something interesting to look at from the light rail for visitors too!

On 11/4/2021 at 9:13 AM, KJHburg said:

Time to start wondering what is going to happen with the old site of Amelie's, which is already under-rented and has a big surface lot.

On 11/3/2021 at 1:49 PM, RANYC said:

The look of that building speaks to me.  It's saying, "Are you ready to order, sir?"

I feel like telling that building I'd like a manhattan

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

3 cranes in Mill District  now 1. at Grubb's project on 36th St, one at Camden NoDa apartments one at new Alliance apartments along N Brevard.   

So many apartments going up from Parkwood to past 36th St.  I like that Cosmo apartment building too.  Plus those apartments near the Matheson bridge across the tracks.  I can't keep track on all these names but lots of construction going on in that area! 

Lots of photos but I have not driven through this area in a month and that is like years in other cities time.  

Activated a toe injury in mid-August so have not been doing my usual neighborhood walks. Noticed the other day they had snapped together an entire garage in the lot on North Brevard between 23rd and 24th.  Below is how it looked in early July

20210703_174408.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, Desert Power said:

Activated a toe injury in mid-August so have not been doing my usual neighborhood walks. Noticed the other day they had snapped together an entire garage in the lot on North Brevard between 23rd and 24th.  Below is how it looked in early July

yes I was surprised to see that parking garage snapped up and together too on N Brevard been about a month or so for me going down that street.   Charlotte changes quick and it is even hard for me to keep up and I all over the metro area all the time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

yes I was surprised to see that parking garage snapped up and together too on N Brevard been about a month or so for me going down that street.   Charlotte changes quick and it is even hard for me to keep up and I all over the metro area all the time. 

They've done some really needed pedestrian improvement near 25th station, but need to continue it across Davidson.  Parkwood to Matheson continues to be on fire for the type of dense development this city needs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JacksonH said:

Except when I come to town, then you hit the road and leave the state.  Haha

I am a travelling fool some just say fool but I am here around both Christmas New Years and Thanksgiving all my family lives in the metro region so I dont leave 2 counties during the holidays.   But other times of the year Katie bar the door! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I agree with @KJHburgabout the pace of development in Charlotte.  I was stunned to find all the Apartment building activities stretching from OP to NoDa yesterday afternoon.  It had only been maybe 6 to 8 weeks since I had driven through the area.  Anyway - here’s a photo of Lintmen’s which now seems to had some activity on the refurbishment of the industrial structure.

524DA850-5AD5-4AD7-8AA2-5ECBA2E77D62.jpeg

Yeah, there has definitely been more activity at this site recently. Still looks pretty far away.