NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

• 1 month later...

Wow - can’t believe NODA is on the 4th/5th page in the UP Thread.  Anyway - does anyone know what is currently under construction adjacent to the Sugar Creek Station?  Looks like Renovating existing Buildings as well as some New Construction.  Also - midway between Sugar & Old Concord there’s an Apartment Complex under construction.  Anyone know what/who the developer is?  I hadn’t realized that Residential is beginning to creep between Sugar Creek & Tom Hunter Stations already.  That’s truly amazing to see.

• Like 4

On 9/2/2022 at 12:53 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Wow - can’t believe NODA is on the 4th/5th page in the UP Thread.  Anyway - does anyone know what is currently under construction adjacent to the Sugar Creek Station?  Looks like Renovating existing Buildings as well as some New Construction.  Also - midway between Sugar & Old Concord there’s an Apartment Complex under construction.  Anyone know what/who the developer is?  I hadn’t realized that Residential is beginning to creep between Sugar Creek & Tom Hunter Stations already.  That’s truly amazing to see.

The neighborhood of NODA itself seems to have developed a bit of NIMBY problem. There are some exciting projects (finally renovating the other mill on 36th and some good townhome infill), but a lot of development is happening in adjacent neighborhoods.

• Like 4

Similar to the neighborhood discussion on PM and the new Commonwealth development which technically according to Google isn’t within the PM neighborhood yet a lot of people describe it as such due to proximity. As per Google the developments near sugar creek station and south are all actually in the zone designated as NoDa despite not being in the “traditional” neighborhood.

aae05609cff9f549ff50aac71668fbdb.png

This zone generally sees a lot of development projects. A spot I missed is the Camden NoDa Development: Very nice brick apartments. Saying NoDa isn’t getting much and surrounding neighborhoods are (by Google neighborhoods borders) is a huge overstatement because it really has a lot of large projects within its boundaries. Especially in the BLE corridor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Showing my friend who is in the apartment management business around town today.  Drive bys at the Camden NoDa and the new Avery Hall at 36th and N Tryon.   Avery Hall's is supposed to have a small grocery store maybe like a Trader Joes.

https://www.averyhallinvestments.com/3100-north-tryon-street/

Really hopeful a grocer comes through to this site

1 hour ago, JeanClt said:

Similar to the neighborhood discussion on PM and the new Commonwealth development which technically according to Google isn’t within the PM neighborhood yet a lot of people describe it as such due to proximity. As per Google the developments near sugar creek station and south are all actually in the zone designated as NoDa despite not being in the “traditional” neighborhood.

This zone generally sees a lot of development projects. A spot I missed is the Camden NoDa Development: Very nice brick apartments. Saying NoDa isn’t getting much and surrounding neighborhoods are (by Google neighborhoods borders) is a huge overstatement because it really has a lot of large projects within its boundaries. Especially in the BLE corridor.

You're right dude. I was just thinking about the traditional neighborhood and all the anti-development stuff i see on its facebook group. :lol:

The Tryon street side of the light rail is really developing well. As is the area between Brevard and Davidson.

• Like 2

You're right dude. I was just thinking about the traditional neighborhood and all the anti-development stuff i see on its facebook group. :lol:
The Tryon street side of the light rail is really developing well. As is the area between Brevard and Davidson.

Yeah, that’s unfortunate. The irony of “gentrification” and NIMBY meanwhile that area already has high property values.
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 1:06 PM, 11 HouseBZ said:

This is a screen shot of part of the Asian Mall redevelopment brochure showing a lot of the nearby developments underway and soon to be underway. This portion of town is about to change completely and dramatically. 925085895_Screenshot_20220903-125453_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.0b13321b317b3cf6aa19cb1b49aba4ed.jpg

Hopefully this answers some of your questions Hushpuppy.

Has the property where Asian Corner Mall sold already? Wasn’t aware of this…

Incredibly disheartening to see.

9 hours ago, san said:

Has the property where Asian Corner Mall sold already? Wasn’t aware of this…

Incredibly disheartening to see.

Hard to be too broken up about it. Both of the asian groceries stores were quite bad and the Asian Market on Plaza/Eastway is much better. Believe Le's Sandwiches is working on a place nearby.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - this is a really quiet board!

Wondering if there's a go on the grocery store at 36th and Tryon?

Also, does anyone know what's going in the former "Poe" space on Davidson?

On 9/22/2022 at 8:10 PM, rancenc said:

New addition to the NoDa business community.

This is Camp North End, though? I've lived in NoDa for two years now and have not been to the Company Store. Moved here during Covid and I actually thought it was a store, since they were selling groceries :) It's just a bar, right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ATxIn said:

Hi everyone - this is a really quiet board!

Wondering if there's a go on the grocery store at 36th and Tryon?

Also, does anyone know what's going in the former "Poe" space on Davidson?

This is Camp North End, though? I've lived in NoDa for two years now and have not been to the Company Store. Moved here during Covid and I actually thought it was a store, since they were selling groceries :) It's just a bar, right?

the Poe development keeps starting and stopping not sure what is going on with that.  

as for the grocery store several have been rumored in that spot and I know the developer Avery Hall would love to get one.  I have rumors of Amazon Go or whatever their store is called, Trader Joes etc.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ATxIn said:

Yes it is. The Company Store did operate a bit as a grocer during Covid shutdowns selling a lot of goods from the local farmers market they used to facilitate. They converted back into a bar later on. Cool owners, you should check one of the spots out.

• Like 1

Avery Hall of NYC is doing another apartment building right at the 36th St station and it is good looking. 7 stories 294 units  mainly brick

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2022/09/30/avery-hall-apartment-noda.html

they are also doing the project at N Tryon and 36th with the spot for the 26.000 sq ft grocery store site no word on that yet. 

• Like 4