NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

2 hours ago, Reverie39 said:

So is this saying that there will be a lot of development north of 36th street station too? That area is very empty and I always found it odd considering it's right next to bustling Noda and now has a light rail stop too. It's mainly just dusty fields and run-down industrial buildings on Google Earth.

There is a staggering amount of development planned around Sugar Creek Station if thats what you are asking?

I knew a woman in NoDa, now living elsewhere, who had a place on the top floor of her building with extra high ceilings and large clerestory windows as seen on some of these buildings. The ones where it appears to have another floor above the top balcony floor but it is high ceiling space only. Those large windows on her unit faced south and the heat gain was unbelievable. All fabrics and wood were bleached by the sun in that unit. 

• Like 4

On 11/9/2022 at 1:45 PM, CLT Development said:

You must not have been by there in a lonnnnnng time. Theres 1,400 apartments, 125,000 square feet of office and 50,000 square feet of retail under construction on 36th street between North Tryon and North Davidson. Its all in photos @KJHburgtook above. Cullman, a major FEMA floodplain, pretty much on both sides of the street will be a new park 20 acre park and developers are looking to contribute another 17 acres to bring the total up to 37. Benard and Rich Avenue houses are now trading in the $750K+.  And there are development plans on every single corner of North Tryon and Atando. Philemon Avenue will soon connect to another 1,000 apartments planned and under construction, and then the sugar creek station area beyond which has as much as 2,000 apartments, 400 townhouses, and 600,000 square feet of commercial planned.

I live over there and you can catch my column "NoDa: News From the Other Side of the Tracks." in NoDa Newspaper once a month.

Indeed I have not! I unfortunately live out of state these days and my only visits to Charlotte are for Panthers games (though I do typically pass by the area on the Blue Line since I park up north for cheap and then ride in). These developments sound amazing and I need to check it out next time I'm around. Love the use of the floodplain as a park. 

It can be hard to keep track of all that's going on here, there's just so much. I kept hearing about developments closer to Sugar Creek station and must have missed or mixed up the projects closer to 36th st. But I suppose that's why we have people like you keeping tabs on all of it lol

• Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 10:59 PM, Reverie39 said:

Indeed I have not! I unfortunately live out of state these days and my only visits to Charlotte are for Panthers games (though I do typically pass by the area on the Blue Line since I park up north for cheap and then ride in). These developments sound amazing and I need to check it out next time I'm around. Love the use of the floodplain as a park. 

It can be hard to keep track of all that's going on here, there's just so much. I kept hearing about developments closer to Sugar Creek station and must have missed or mixed up the projects closer to 36th st. But I suppose that's why we have people like you keeping tabs on all of it lol

I appreciate that, I will try to keep this thread updated since its my neighborhood!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Proposed park in NoDa area along Philemon may get larger and notice all the apartment complexes planned in this area.  From CLT Development 

This is an incredible map and perfectly answers my earlier question of what exactly is planned for this area near 36th street. That is an absurd amount of development. The SouthEndification has begun on the opposite side of Uptown

• 2 weeks later...