NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

12 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

NoDa and Elizabeth, to me, are the two best true communities in the city.  In terms of an actual sense of place and community involvement.  I'm jealous of everyone that lives in both.  

The Elizabeth 8k is probably the best example of that community feel.  You'd swear you were in a small town, not the heart of a metro of 2.5m.

I think they are both great too... NoDa has a definite center though, not sure the center for Elizabeth... That impacts the sense of place to me.

One of the things I like about them. Concerned of too large a grocery retailer at Cresenct.

It's only 14.5k of space. Could only be an Indy, a Trader Joe's, an earth fare, a small Format fresh market or an Aldi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

yes.

So, confession guys. NoDa has always seemed a touch sketchy to me at night. Then again I will have lived away from Charlotte for 9 years this coming June. This weekend on my unexpected trip to Charlotte, I walked around NoDa and it was actually bustling with people, and very vibrant, I was so impressed. The neighborhood is such a gem, and I don't think that the light rail is going to ruin it. I think NoDa is one of the most special neighborhoods in the SouthEast, and the home/landowners in the area are so lucky to be part of its resurgence. 

Fortunately I live in NoDa, moved here in January after living uptown for 8 or so years. I love it.

Unfortunately you're accurate with still being a touch sketchy at night. Myself and two other friends were robbed at gun point last night on Yadkin ave. Point of reference... roughly two blocks from Cabo fish taco and 1 block over from North Davidson. 

I've honestly felt safe since moving here, but there's still room for growth and gentrification. Especially on the not so bustling weekdays.

Still love NoDa and it is a gem.

UPDATE: http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/254133967-story - Hopefully this is just an isolated incident and a single person is behind it.  

Edited by ES Charlotte

Fans of late The Daily Press will be glad to hear that the owners will be opening a new permanent location in Salud's new space upstairs (formerly UpStage) this year.

Not clear on how the relationship/location relative to Fud will work, but very exciting. Some of the best quality product in the city hands down.

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, SgtCampsalot said:

I couldn't agree more.

Just wish I had bought more than a damn townhome for it :lol: 

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It's only 14.5k of space. Could only be an Indy, a Trader Joe's, an earth fare, a small Format fresh market or an Aldi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either of these would be so perfect.  How large are the small format Publix?

33 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

Just wish I had bought more than a damn townhome for it :lol: 

Either of these would be so perfect.  How large are the small format Publix?

At least two times that size and between you and me, and everyone on this board, and all the people lurking, I think they are going to be building a full size grocery on N. Tryon and the mid 30s, I just can't remember where exactly. I think its the Credit Doctor/Charlotte Motors site.

Edited by Guest

On 2/15/2016 at 5:13 PM, tozmervo said:

It doesn't really need connected specifically to steel gardens. There are sidewalk stairs coming down to Anderson St, then you just walk down Anderson. Yay street grid!

...also, yay brewery 1.5 minutes walking from me!

How's the walkability on Anderson?  Looks terrible on StreetView....from the railroad tracks to the brewery.

5 minutes ago, grodney said:

How's the walkability on Anderson?  Looks terrible on StreetView....from the railroad tracks to the brewery.

It's terrible in that there are no sidewalks from the ACRW tracks to Davidson. It's not so terrible in that Anderson is super wide and carries very little traffic. Bold Missy is the first real renovation and as such has shiny new sidewalks with nothing to connect to

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tozmervo said:

Dusky updates. Anyone know what might be going on with the Salvador Deli space (construction permit photographed)?

2017-06-04 20.40.19.jpg

2017-06-04 20.34.52.jpg

Its being upfitted for a rooftop patio & a patio on the left side with roll up doors. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 9.28.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 9.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 9.27.30 AM.png

6 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Really excited for the street-facing upgrade - its long overdue for that parking to go away. That alleyway is also going to turn into a really fun urban space!

good thing you have a random guy 600 miles away to keep tabs on your neighborhood projects LOL. Lord I need a hobby.

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

good thing you have a random guy 600 miles away to keep tabs on your neighborhood projects LOL. Lord I need a hobby.

I was walking by it last night and turned to a friend - "let me make a post, I'll know the answer in a few hours" :)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I was walking by it last night and turned to a friend - "let me make a post, I'll know the answer in a few hours" :)

and have architecture drawings to boot.