NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

29 minutes ago, kermit said:

Yea, NoDa's demographics look awful, but that is both an illusion and temporary. There are a growing number of examples of boutuiqish hotels in similar hipster/entertainment neighborhoods with transit access to downtown (and crappy interstate access). Air B&B has also done of pretty good job of highlighting demand in these neighborhoods.

Moonlight Hotel in the Delmar in St Louis.

The Hollandar in Wicker Park in Chicago

Courtyard (ugh, not boutique at all) in Decatur

Proximity in Greensboro

Just about every corner of Portland

Decatur?  Illinois?

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Decatur has a college in it and is decades ahead of of NoDa in population and urbanity

Its not really a college, its more of a lesbian folk singer duo performance space.

But I will concede that nearly all of my 'sure fire investment ideas' are 10 years too early.

• Like 1

Its not really a college, its more of a lesbian folk singer duo performance space.
But I will concede that nearly all of my 'sure fire investment ideas' are 10 years too early.

That costs big money to go to. Big money kids parents need to stay somewhere. My sister went to Agnes Scott, and I know Toz is working on a project there, so it's obviously big enough lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually agree a hotel there would work, random yes, but NoDa center feels like a distinct town anyway, being off the beaten path would have a particular appeal, in this case.  That said, another in your list @kermit isn't synonymous with this - Proximity in GSO, lizard and a giraffe.

10 hours ago, kermit said:

Do they teach underwater basket weaving?

P.S. Thanks for the laugh!

12 hours ago, nowensone said:

Actually agree a hotel there would work, random yes, but NoDa center feels like a distinct town anyway, being off the beaten path would have a particular appeal, in this case.  That said, another in your list @kermit isn't synonymous with this - Proximity in GSO, lizard and a giraffe.

I think it'd do well too, I just don't think its what hoteliers look for, it'd have to be a very weird off the wall hotel, thats willing to take a big risk. 

In the Charlotte market,  hotels need the business travelers and there are not many in that area. If your business takes you to uptown you will probably stay there and that is the closest office market to NoDa. SouthEnd can support some hotels as there are more businesses and offices there and more coming. University area has lots of hotels because they are lots of businesses and office space.  Watch for office space to develop and I think you will get a hotel there. I agree that most hotels would consider it too risky. 

• Like 1

So I went to and I'm at Abari in NoDa. It's a cool spot but, the area is kinda dead close to here. Hopefully once the BLE opens up it will come alive.

But Uber eats delivers and they will allow you to have any other joint bring you food!

Edited by Popsickle
  • Like 1

Two rezoning petitions were submitted for several parcels around Raleigh Street north of the Sugar Creek Station. I wonder if something major is in the works for that stretch.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/111-126/2017-120 site plan.pdf

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/111-126/2017-121 site plan.pdf

39 minutes ago, Third Strike said:

Two rezoning petitions were submitted for several parcels around Raleigh Street north of the Sugar Creek Station. I wonder if something major is in the works for that stretch.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/111-126/2017-120 site plan.pdf

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/111-126/2017-121 site plan.pdf

These two parcels are part of Flywheel Group's "Greenway District," which you can read about here. https://www.flywheelgrp.com/projects

It remains to be seen if flywheel group is a land banking operation that likes to increase the worth of their land by upzoning it and promoting their vision or a legitimate developer.

Edited by Guest

Anyone have an update on the empty parcel that sits across the street from the NoDa water tower at 37th Street and N. Davidson?

I know there was some chatter on this thread a few pages back regarding the project having apts/condos and retail but cannot locate just now. IIRC, the rendering included a two level/one ramp parking deck due to the small footprint.

8 hours ago, UPNoDa said:

Anyone have an update on the empty parcel that sits across the street from the NoDa water tower at 37th Street and N. Davidson?

I know there was some chatter on this thread a few pages back regarding the project having apts/condos and retail but cannot locate just now. IIRC, the rendering included a two level/one ramp parking deck due to the small footprint.

It is supposed to be apartments.  Haven't seen any recent renderings since they have rezoned though.

• 3 weeks later...