One International Center

pointbreeze

The Trib as an article about the proposed South Side business center that will hopefully be a starting point for more jobs, higher immigration, etc.

link:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-re...s/s_390510.html

I heard about this a while ago, but was curious if, or how quickly, this would proceed. The letters of intent sound like this might be something that gets done.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like a puzzle piece falling into place. So this is why INS would move it's office to be in the trendiest development in Pittsburgh. Two buildings down from where people are trying to attract international business. I can't think of any other city that can cater to international newcomers with such class.

Excellent, this is very great news. Pittsburgh is finally living up to it's potential, this is fantastic!

1103basian-a.jpg

If you showed that to a bunch of MTV addict or MBA seeking 20 somethings they'd say that's Toronto or Miami or Seattle, yes everyone that is PITTSBURGH baby!

If you showed that to a bunch of MTV addict or MBA seeking 20 somethings they'd say that's Toronto or Miami or Seattle, yes everyone that is PITTSBURGH baby!

I don't think that Pgh has to impress in this category. The city has many modern buildings and several are just across the river on Second Ave etc. But I welcome most any well thought development like this.

I don't think that Pgh has to impress in this category. The city has many modern buildings and several are just across the river on Second Ave etc. But I welcome most any well thought development like this.

Pittsburgh has a lot of great and historic architecture, period. But it's nice to have a few dozen post-modern and uber-modern designs just to prove we're not backwards. The greatest thing, though, is that we're moving towards greater market completeness in real estate. The city is starting to offer something for everyone instead of just catering to one or two mega-industries. In the long run this will help more companies grow and stay in Pittsburgh. Hopefully the city will start attracting more manufacturing, too.

I'm confused...I thought that was the site of the second AEO building????

otherwise, it looks like a very cool project. I can't belive they have 50 tenents pre-committed, that's awesome.

Thanks for starting up this thread, I've been at a conference in LA all week, so I couldn't read the paper!

speaking of aeo, their address is going to be:

77 Hot Metal Street

Pgh, Pa

very cool if you ask me, great greeting card for the city in all those corporate boardrooms that still think aeo and it's Warrendale HQs are just burbs of Philly.

. . . it does depend on the URA selling the land . . . if they mess this up I am putting them in the Wannstedt category

just wait untill the new administration gets into office, the URA will be selling off land faster than you'll be able to keep track of.

77 Hot Metal Street

Pgh, Pa

very cool! Any "Hot Metal Street" address helps to recognize our industrial past, and having things like the new AEO buildings, this project, and the ones planned across the river from it demonstrate our new economy.

• 2 months later...

Thanks a lot for your info, TheGerbil!

Please keep me inform if there is any news of this project !!

Hi Everyone,

I have heard about this project in China too. As I am not a Pittsburgher, I appreciated if you all can help me to find out how I can update the information of this project regularly.

Thank you very much!

***Emails only available through PM*** (moderator edit) :)

Main,

yeah it might take a few months before any big news is announced on this, it is looking pretty good right now. As far as the email you are more then welcomed to check back here on the project, I don't think we should exchange emails in posts though :).

Hi Everyone,

I have heard about this project in China too. As I am not a Pittsburgher, I appreciated if you all can help me to find out how I can update the information of this project regularly.

Thank you very much!

***Emails only available through PM*** (moderator edit) :)

Hi Pgh,

Thanks a lot for your remind. I will keep an eye on this forum.

regards.

Maininvester

• 2 months later...

Oh, what a relief to hear it is still moving forward. There had been so little news that I was concerned the project had died. The internal disputes do worry me a little but it sounds like it's got enough momentum to overcome that.

This will be great for the city and should really help to bring in more immigrants. I have a dream that that end of Carson Street could become a new Chinatown for Pittsburgh.

:yahoo:

Archived