Lansing Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great picture! And I look forward to more. I hate being the only one that photographs around here.

The Sparrow Parking Garage offers great views. I have a similar photo. I just wish it was a little bit taller.

Thanks, I've got plenty more to post in the future.

I love going up on that parking garage for skyline views. In fact, I always thought I was the only person that trolled the ramps looking for good urban views and you're right, it's a shame it wasn't taller (the skyline and the parking garages).

It's also nice for me to see that I'm not the only one to take pics around here. I love Lansing, I just wish more people around here had our vision.

Nice, again! I wish my camera was good enough to get such pictures. I find it hard to keep up on this, since so few people respond.

Thanks :) Unfortunately I left the camera in the back seat of an unlocked car...needless to say, I'm in the market for a new digi cam. I'm always on the lookout for things/places in Lansing that would make a good photo.

I noticed that once I got caught up on all the posts, keeping caught up was no problem since the activity level here is lower than I thought. The information here is priceless though.

That's one of my favorite views. (see my avatar ;) )

That awesome, the day view.

Hood, there really isn't so much going on which is why I haven't taken pictures in awhile.

I may get over to the Arbaugh and the Prudden Factory. On the Arbaugh, the rebuilt cornice is now complete, and looks GREAT lit at night. It's starting to look very cosmpolitan. I hope that something can be done with Washington south of the 400 block, because it's a horrible entrance into a reviving downtown.

The Prudden is finally getting new windows! I was surprised to see that they went with the retro glass, that resembles the gridded glass you'd see on the old factories in Detroit. I thought they were going to go with the modern, reflective glass, but they didn't, and I'm glad.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the skyline is more christmas trees than there ever were. Here are some new locations along with old locations:

1. Sparrow Hospital - They've always had the Christmas decorations and they are looking great as ever.

2. Old Blue Coyote Brewery - This loft building on Pere Marquette Place has a lit Christmas Tree on it's rooftop deck.

3. Prudden Factory - right on the northwestern corner along the Saginaw Street underpass stands a lit tree that you can see for a few miles coming east downtown Saginaw.

4. Cooley Center - I don't know if I'm seeing things, but I swear at night I see an unlight Christmas Tree on the main roof deck of Cooley Center next to the mechanical penthouse on the northeast corner.

Hood, there really isn't so much going on which is why I haven't taken pictures in awhile.

I may get over to the Arbaugh and the Prudden Factory. On the Arbaugh, the rebuilt cornice is now complete, and looks GREAT lit at night. It's starting to look very cosmpolitan. I hope that something can be done with Washington south of the 400 block, because it's a horrible entrance into a reviving downtown.

The Prudden is finally getting new windows! I was surprised to see that they went with the retro glass, that resembles the gridded glass you'd see on the old factories in Detroit. I thought they were going to go with the modern, reflective glass, but they didn't, and I'm glad.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the skyline is more christmas trees than there ever were. Here are some new locations along with old locations:

1. Sparrow Hospital - They've always had the Christmas decorations and they are looking great as ever.

2. Old Blue Coyote Brewery - This loft building on Pere Marquette Place has a lit Christmas Tree on it's rooftop deck.

3. Prudden Factory - right on the northwestern corner along the Saginaw Street underpass stands a lit tree that you can see for a few miles coming east downtown Saginaw.

4. Cooley Center - I don't know if I'm seeing things, but I swear at night I see an unlight Christmas Tree on the main roof deck of Cooley Center next to the mechanical penthouse on the northeast corner.

Speaking of Christmas trees, did they put on up in Old Town of Friday night?

I tried to take a picture of the skyline (with the christmas lights highlighiting each building) while pulled off the side of I-496 last night, but a Lansing Police officer zoomed up behind me and said I was a hazard. Needless to say, no pics were taken. Does anyone have a shot from this angle? Say, near the Penn. Ave or Cedar St. overpass? It's a lovely view of the skyline. I wish the lights would be left on year round, it truly looks remarkable.

You're brave. I've always wanted to get that shot while standing still, but it's way too dangerous. I had a pretty good view, but I deleted it because it was during a cloudy day. It's easily one of the most impressive city entries in Michigan, IMO.

I definately agree. The only thing that comes close would be 196 east on the west side of Grand Rapids at the top of the hill.

Just to let everyone know, the place where I have been storing my photos will be down for a few months. I may crack and finally find another non-free site on which to store them, but until then I may will not be posting many pictures or development updates, unfortunately. If anyone can find me a good, cheap photo hosting site that doesn't watermark or resize your photos, that would be great. I have space on my Comcast account, but they shrink the photos down very small, and it's limited space.

I use Photobucket.com, they don't allow a whole lot of photos, but in addition you can use Flickr.com, they didn't use to let you blog with UP but I think since this site has been redesigned they now have something set up for it. Also, with Photobucket they allow multiple accounts to get more storage.