Gaslight Village - East Grand Rapids

GRDadof3

Thanks twoshort. Here are some rough renderings from the new retail area:

Don't know if you can make these out, but this is the first tower to be built "The Derby" and the retail portion:

gltelev.jpg

Bagley Street elevations:

bwelev.jpg

Site Plans

map1.jpg

map2.jpg

map3.jpg

The latest article says they are at 50% occupancy on the retail end.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to have been at this meeting:

EAST GRAND RAPIDS/GR TWP: Wowed by an artist's rendition of a 26-unit condominium, a commissioned fountain and piece of artwork in front of it, the Planning Commission approved the second phase of the Jade Pig Ventures development in Gaslight Village. The artwork, "The Regatta," evokes a sailing ship cutting through water to create a wake. The final site plan for the five-story building still needs City Commission approval.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...5610.xml&coll=6

Where was I today that I missed all these articles?? :whistling::wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Update in the paper today about the new condominium tower and some of the features they are adding to block views of the ugly parking deck next to D&W. This place is shaping up hopefully as a model for developers downtown. I drove through there the other day and the streetwork is fantastic, with circular inlaid brick patterns at each intersection. The "cozy" feeling you get as well with the new development on the North side of Wealthy is awesome. It's still at steel framing, but you can certainly imagine how it will look when finished. I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow, as well as work on the Civic Theatre if I have time :thumbsup:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...1550.xml&coll=6

• 3 weeks later...

Did you guys look at the floorplans on their site :shok: I never thought I'd see something like this come around.

Yeshh, I'll have the "House of Mirth" pleashh.

Wow.. that's a monsty.... Does anyone know general pricing/fees or have they not released that (w/o breaking forum rules of course :shades: )

Oh no! Not another JUDE'S BARBERSHOP!! :w00t:

It looks like it's almost filled up (first floor retail and the medical office portion).

Can we PUHLEASE not start on that again :wacko:

I like the slogan "The Perfect Place to Live for Those Who Can Live Anywhere"

aka

"I'm Rich and I Know It" :thumbsup:

If I had to guess, I'd say AT LEAST $200 - $250 per square foot. No telling on association fees. I don't think any of us here will be plunking down money on one of these, so we're probably safe as far as forum rules go. :P

Well if i win the lotto.. it could be my summer home away from the penthouse I'm going to buy at City View for 1.4 million :blink:

Wow.. i will definately be going to gawk at these when they offer open houses. I'm sure they are amazing

Archived