Restaurant Review

fluffy

Ate at MArie Catrib's yesterday (Diamond/Cherry.) My new favorite place! My wife loved it as well. Get the portobello sandwich in Chollah bread. Like no portabello sandwich you've ever had!

I second that! And while you're there, see if there are any postcards left on the counter featuring the building that are there for the taking.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just went to Wealthy Street Bakery and picked up a chocolate babka. Babka is a light, sweet bread filled with chocolate in this instance. If you love chocolate, you will LOVE this bread. It's $6.95 but serves 6-8, which is pretty reasonable seeing that many other pastries are around $2.00 each. I am sure most of you will agree that the bakery has many tasty treats, but the babka is pure chocolate heaven. Since it was introduced for the holidays I am sure it won't be around much longer!

I took your recommendation and tried the chocolate babka this weekend, it's wonderful! "Pure Chocolate Heaven" is the perfect description. I've found a new favorite pastry. Thank you!

I took your recommendation and tried the chocolate babka this weekend, it's wonderful! "Pure Chocolate Heaven" is the perfect description. I've found a new favorite pastry. Thank you!

Is that what Jerry & Elaine were fighting over w/ another patron in the bakery on an episode of Seinfeld? Always wondered what one tasted like.

I ate at Mangiamos on Saturday. I'd never been to Gibsons so I thought the house was awesome by itself, lots of cool woodwork, etc. We were told we had a 55 minute wait which turned into a 1 hour and 40 minute wait (stupid valentines dances wink.gif). The wait was fine except the bar was SO busy we didn't get a drink for about an hour. The food was DELICIOUS. Calamari, Lasagna, Farfalle, and 3 domestic beers for about $40. I'll definately be back.

DBrok: in response to your comment in the Restaurant Rumor thread, it was more than just patience, it was my birthday, I had decided I wanted to eat there like a week ago and nothing was going to change my mind :D

DBrok: in response to your comment in the Restaurant Rumor thread, it was more than just patience, it was my birthday, I had decided I wanted to eat there like a week ago and nothing was going to change my mind :D

I would be so upset with an hour wait for a drink; it's bad enough waiting for a table that long. Do they take reservations at all there?

Speaking of waits. A friend and I tried to go to Papa Vino's for dinner the other day. I like that place because the food is decent and there is never a wait of any kind -- until this past Saturday. Apparently a bunch of high school groups were having dinner before Valentine's dances. It was too crowded so we moved on Moe's Southwest Grill. Pretty good overall, at least for the price.

I would be so upset with an hour wait for a drink; it's bad enough waiting for a table that long. Do they take reservations at all there?

Yeah they take reservations, we just didn't think that far ahead. We could have gotten a drink sooner, but it was shoulder to shoulder in the bar area and I didn't want to battle that.

Went to Leo's last night for the first time....excellent!

Had the collosal shrimp as appetizer, they were big and perfect.

Good horseradish mix in the cocktail sauce, the right amount of zing.

Whole main lobster as the main course, perfectly done and good sides

of potatoes and veggies.

Will definitely go back there to try some other entrees - will have the shrimp again 4 sure! :thumbsup:

Went to Leo's last night for the first time....excellent!

Had the collosal shrimp as appetizer, they were big and perfect.

Good horseradish mix in the cocktail sauce, the right amount of zing.

Whole main lobster as the main course, perfectly done and good sides

of potatoes and veggies.

Will definitely go back there to try some other entrees - will have the shrimp again 4 sure! :thumbsup:

Did somebody get their tax refund check? Shrimp and Lobster? :P

I ate at Pho Soc Trang - a new Vietnamese joint in the new Kzoo/68th street plaza. It was dang good! The crab rangoons had actual crab in them! big ol' pieces!

They have a large Vietnamese menu as well as traditional chinese dishes if you're not too adventurous.

Also, they have some shake/smoothie drinks that looked really good, but I was so full I didn't have a chance to try one.

I ate at Pho Soc Trang - a new Vietnamese joint in the new Kzoo/68th street plaza. It was dang good! The crab rangoons had actual crab in them! big ol' pieces!

They have a large Vietnamese menu as well as traditional chinese dishes if you're not too adventurous.

Also, they have some shake/smoothie drinks that looked really good, but I was so full I didn't have a chance to try one.

They must have opened a second location - there's another Pho Soc Trang on the corner of 44th and Division in the Golden Bridge Plaza. The food is great - and the iced coffee with condensed milk is fab.

I ate at the Cottage Bar tonight and I love the place but when did they start serving waffle fries for the brew fries? I loved the small, skinny ones they used to have. Don't get me wrong, the waffle fries were still good, I just prefer the others.

I picked up take-out from Cottage bar last week and wondered the same thing. The waffle fries were good, but I loved the brew fries!

I picked up take-out from Cottage bar last week and wondered the same thing. The waffle fries were good, but I loved the brew fries!

I love the cottage bar...as far as the fries go i believe you may have a choice between the two.

I love the cottage bar...as far as the fries go i believe you may have a choice between the two.

The choices were Cottage Fries (wedges), French Fries, or Brew Fries. For my take out I ordered brew fries, and I when I went to pick it up they told me that "the brew fries are now waffle fries". So sad :(

Archived