Sprindale Minor League Sports Complex and Minor League Baseball Stadium

mcheiss

I'm sure everyone involved on this end would prefer a Texas League team. But I don't know how easy it will be to get anyone to relocate. I also doubt they'll wait for a very long time for the chance of a team to relocate. If no one seems to interested at first then you have to go for an independant so that at least you have some team.

They (consultant firm), recommended that a stadium of at least 6,000 seats be built. AA Texas usually has an average of 7,000 seats in a stadium while Independant is more around 4,200 seats.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They (consultant firm), recommended that a stadium of at least 6,000 seats be built. AA Texas usually has an average of 7,000 seats in a stadium while Independant is more around 4,200 seats.

Just out of curiousity what's the seating capacity for the Springdale High School? Don't they have a rather large stadium for their football team? Or large by Arkansas standards I mean. I thought they had one of the larger in the state. And no I'm not including teams like LR Catholic that play in War Memorial since it's not really their stadium. It would seem weird if the high school football team had more capacity than a semi-pro baseball team.

Just out of curiousity what's the seating capacity for the Springdale High School? Don't they have a rather large stadium for their football team? Or large by Arkansas standards I mean. I thought they had one of the larger in the state. And no I'm not including teams like LR Catholic that play in War Memorial since it's not really their stadium. It would seem weird if the high school football team had more capacity than a semi-pro baseball team.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure on the capacity of Springdale's High School Stadium. I've only been to a game their once, but it's by far the nicest in the area.

It would seem weird if the high school football team had more capacity than a semi-pro baseball team.

Not in Texas, not even close.

Quigley Stadium at LR Central seats 12-15k, it's where the Hogs played some back in the 1920s-30s. FS Northside's stadium is pretty large, it seems to me. Pine Bluff is also definitely bigger.

As far as newer stadia, I think FS Southside might be a little bigger than Springdale.

Not in Texas, not even close.

Quigley Stadium at LR Central seats 12-15k, it's where the Hogs played some back in the 1920s-30s. FS Northside's stadium is pretty large, it seems to me. Pine Bluff is also definitely bigger.

As far as newer stadia, I think FS Southside might be a little bigger than Springdale.

I haven't had any luck finding any kind of info on the capacity of Arkansas high schools football fields on the internet. Maybe I'll have to ask around.

The new Bentonville Stadium seats around 7,000 to 8,000.

I'd say the Springdale stadium is may'be a little bit bigger than it.

I was thinking I had heard something about at least 9,000 but I really can't say that it's a very reliable figure. But it does look like the baseball stadium could very well have less capacity than some of the high schools football fields around here.

I was thinking I had heard something about at least 9,000 but I really can't say that it's a very reliable figure. But it does look like the baseball stadium could very well have less capacity than some of the high schools football fields around here.

High School Football is BIG around here.

For High School, it's the one thing to look forward to in school. Some of these idiots that go to High School get so hyped up on the games that they vandalize school and public property, costing us taxpayers thousands of dollars.

But Back on topic :D , I wouldn't be suprised either if a High School's Football Stadium has a larger capacity than a minor league baseball stadium.

For High School, it's the one thing to look forward to in school. Some of these idiots that go to High School get so hyped up on the games that they vandalize school and public property, costing us taxpayers thousands of dollars.

But Back on topic :D , I wouldn't be suprised either if a High School's Football Stadium has a larger capacity than a minor league baseball stadium.

They are different sports and different circumstances. There are a lot more baseball games a season so the games don't quite mean as much as say football because there are a lot fewer and one game could make a big difference in football.

They are different sports and different circumstances. There are a lot more baseball games a season so the games don't quite mean as much as say football because there are a lot fewer and one game could make a big difference in football.

Right, This is definately Football Country.

Arkansas high school football doesn't hold a candle to that in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and to a lesser extent Oklahoma. I wish we did take it more seriously and UA would have a better recruiting base. You'll see 10,000 people at games in Texas in towns with only 15,000 residents.

Arkansas high school football doesn't hold a candle to that in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and to a lesser extent Oklahoma. I wish we did take it more seriously and UA would have a better recruiting base. You'll see 10,000 people at games in Texas in towns with only 15,000 residents.

I knew Texas was huge on high school football. Guess I didn't realize all the other states were but it also doesn't surprise me that much either. I wonder why you can't draw that big of a percentage here in Arkansas.

I'd still say it's fairly large. The Rogers Bentonville game up here in Benton County is always an enormous game. Ever seat is sold out within a few days, and both High Schools always seems to create thousands of dollars in vandalism.

I'd still say it's fairly large. The Rogers Bentonville game up here in Benton County is always an enormous game. Ever seat is sold out within a few days, and both High Schools always seems to create thousands of dollars in vandalism.

Yeah it's still a big deal but not as much so as in a state like Texas. I could never imagine most of a town going to a football game here in Arkansas where it seems to be more likely in Texas.

That kind of thing happens everywhere. The Catholic-NLR game my Soph year drew more than 10k for a regular season game. Central used to paint genitalia on our statue of Jesus, Hall and Catholic used to trade spray painting the triangle at an intersection in front of Hall (the two schools are just a few blocks apart).

This kind of stuff is nothing compared to what happens when Odessa Permian plays Midland or Tyler plays Longview. Those whole towns live for high school football. Ever seen Friday Night Lights?

• 2 weeks later...

With Springdale trying to get this complex and so on and the city having a hard time getting much of an identity does anyone seeing them become something like an Arlington? Arlington has the Texas Rangers and they'll also be moving the Dallas Cowboys once they get the new stadium finished there too. Different situations I know but it popped into my head.

With Springdale trying to get this complex and so on and the city having a hard time getting much of an identity does anyone seeing them become something like an Arlington? Arlington has the Texas Rangers and they'll also be moving the Dallas Cowboys once they get the new stadium finished there too. Different situations I know but it popped into my head.

I really just see Springdale as being a city with a ballpark in it. Nothing much to it other than that.

I really just see Springdale as being a city with a ballpark in it. Nothing much to it other than that.

True I guess Arlington does have more than that. Still hopefully Springdale will have something to focus around and build off of. I'd be happy even if it were something aimed more toward the hispanic market there.

I'd be happy even if it were something aimed more toward the hispanic market there.

I'm saying that 10 years from now, almost all the business's along 71-B in Springdale will be Hispanic.

I'd really like Springdale to take advantage of that land by the Interstate and possibly get some things like a Mall and Restaurants.

I'm saying that 10 years from now, almost all the business's along 71-B in Springdale will be Hispanic.

I'd really like Springdale to take advantage of that land by the Interstate and possibly get some things like a Mall and Restaurants.

I really think Springdale could be like an urban downtown if it would build the sports complex. This could be the anchor and they could add an outdoor entertainment district and lifestyle center at the complex. Also luxury hotels along with restaurants and condo towers could be added. Even an amusement park could be cool near there as well. I really think Springdale needs to take advantage of this and all they can if they don't want to see the area go downhill like some people do.

It's getting that way now.

I kind of worry Springdale's going to become NWA's ghetto over the next decade or two. It's not pretty and urban planning there is atrocious.

I think Springdale, and really Rogers as well, needs to stop forgetting about the older parts of town while developing the interstate frontage. My family is from the area and I spent a lot of time there, it amazes me that most of the "old" cities are in poor condition. At least Rogers has a lot of nice new development to make up for it. Still, redevelopment and infill are the most important pieces of maintaining their character.

I think Springdale, and really Rogers as well, needs to stop forgetting about the older parts of town while developing the interstate frontage. My family is from the area and I spent a lot of time there, it amazes me that most of the "old" cities are in poor condition. At least Rogers has a lot of nice new development to make up for it. Still, redevelopment and infill are the most important pieces of maintaining their character.

I would say Rogers has been very successful with developing the older parts of town and still has managed very good Interstate developing.

I would say Rogers has been very successful with developing the older parts of town and still has managed very good Interstate developing.

The stuff built in the 60s and 70s needs to be remodeled badly. The small downtown area needs a dressing up. My family reunions are at Lake Atalanta, BTW.

The stuff built in the 60s and 70s needs to be remodeled badly. The small downtown area needs a dressing up. My family reunions are at Lake Atalanta, BTW.

Downtown needs a remodeling yes, and more business's, but I think more will come.

Lake Atlanta really has fallen off a bit in the past years, there's been a lot of crime and gang activity over there. It really is nice though.

Archived