Virginia vs. South Carolina: your preference?

upstate29650

Virginia or South Carolina?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Virginia
    • South Carolina

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I always considered this an advantage. You know that you got the booze you paid for. No short shots of hootch from underhanded bar owners looking to save a few bucks.

I usually find I get more than an ounce. Maybe I just have style like that. :shades: jk

But the red dots still close by 7PM! :angry:

Is Red Dots a SC inconvenience store chain?

• 2 months later...

I have to go with Virginia only because I've only past through SC. What I did see wasn't too bad. What is the best city overall to visit in SC?

Are there still blue laws in effect for SC?

I don't think there is any one best city to visit in SC. The most visited would be Myrtle Beach and Charleston, but Columbia, Greenville, Spartanburg, Beaufort, Hilton Head, and many other smaller towns have much to offer visitors.

The blue laws vary by county. My own county, York County, recently suspended them for 1 year.

I choose Virginia because it has all four season, not too cool or too hot. We have large beaches in cities in the southeast coast, great river beaches even in parts of Richmond. When the wind blows down the mountians just right we can accually be warmer then in SC (westerly winds slopping down mountians heat and dry the air). We are urban, yet rural. We have bigger cities - Richmond, Virginia Beach, Fairfax, Roanoke, Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk, Alexandria, Arlington, and more. We have more access to NY, DC, Philly, Baltimore, and Boston (because we're in the northeast megalopolis). We have more opportonity here als. So I'm going with VA.

OKAY MY VOTE IS VIRGINIA!! DUH OMG SC I HAVE BEEN THERE ITS NICE LITTLE OFF SIDE ISLANDS OR WHATEVER BUT IF U RESEARCH MONEY SC ISNT ON THE TOP TEN HOWEVER I WAS BORN IN ARRLINTON NOVA AND RAISED IN HAMPTON ROADS AREA I WENT TO SCHOOL IN RICHMOND AND LIVED IN ROANAOKE AND I MUST SAY VA HAS GOOD LANDSCAPE WONDERFUL HISTORY BOTH BLACK AND WHITE AND ITS NEAR DC NOT TOO FAR AWAY FROM NYC JERZEE OR PHILLY EITHER THE AGAIN IF U LOOK AT CHESAPEAKE BABY BRIDGE WHICH IS THE LONGEST EXPO TUNNEL IN THE WORLD READ YA PEDIAZ PEOPLE

SOUTH CAROLINA IS GOOD LIKE RURAL LIKE BUT CHARLOTTE, ATLANTA AND JACKSON ARE HOTT CITIES IN THE SOUTH. VIRGINIA IS NOT TOO FAR AWAY FROM B-MORE DC PHILLY NYC THOSE ARE SHOPPING GOOD SHOPPIN BUT ATLANTA ISNT REALLY THAT FAR SC IS NT FAR FROM VA EITHER SO WAHT IS THE BIG FUSS ABOUT? COLUMBIA WE GOT THERE IN UNDER 10 HRS SO IT S NOT THAT FAR. VIRGINIA IS HUGE BUT IT HOLDS MORE LAND AND NATURAL NATURE THAN PEOPLE WITH MOUNTAINS OCEAN AND HILLS ITS FLOWING WITH GEOGRAPHY! VIRGINIA BEACH VIRGINIA IS CHANGING ITS GETTING bETTEr AND ITS THE LONGEST WALKING BEACH ON THE ENTIRE EAST I READ ABOUT IT THE BEACH IS SUPPOSEDLY GETTING SHOPPIN OTULET MALLS AND A MUSEUM NEAR IT A OCEAN SIDE PARK AND SOME OTHER STUFF I LOVE VIRGINIA BEAC MYRTLE BEACH IS COOL BUT ITS NOT DIVERSE IM BLACK AND WHITE A MIX I LIKE LIVING IN DIVERSITY SC REALLY DOESNT HAVE AS MUCH AS VA NOVA HPT ROADS RICHMOND CHARLOTTESVILLE VIRGINIA IS VERY DIVERSE HAMPTONROADSBEING THE BIGGEST MORE SO THAN NYC AND SEATTLE! NOW THATS A LOT.

WHEN I VISITED SC I WAS BORED OUT OF MY MIND AND WHERE ARE THE CONCERTS AT? I KNOW VA GETS PLENTY OF THOSE AND NOVA IS HOTT AND HPT AND CHARLOTTESVILLE ROANAOKE WAS A LITTLE TOO RURAL BUT OKAY OVERALL I LIKE VIRGINIA EVEN IF IWAS FROM FAIRFIELD NC I WOULD CHOOSE VIRGINIA THATS LIKE RALEGH DURNHAM NC THEY ARE PRETTY COOL BUT ITS NOT DOVERSE VIRGINIA BEACH NORFOLK AND THE OTHER 7 CITIES AND SURROUNDING ARE BUILDING UP AND SUPPOSEDLY GETTING A TRANSIt METRO STATION LIEK DC SOON CUZ SOO MANY PEOPLE AND TRAFFIC IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS THE AREA WILL BE CONNECTED IN THE NEXT THREE OR TWO SUPPOSEDLY A PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAMS WITH ALL THE ATHLETS U NEED ONE IM NOT DISSING SC IM JUST REPPIN VA I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT SC THAT U CAN BUY CHEAP STUFF AND IN VA U CAN too I LIKE CHARLOTTE AND RALIEGH DURHNAM THEY NOT THAT FAR FROM VA AND HAMPTON ROADS METRO IS THE BIGGEST METRO BETWEEN WASHINGTON DC AND ATLANTA AND ITS INCREASING BY year 2008 ITS SAID T OCOMBINE EACH SURROUNDIGN LITTLE CITY BY A METRO LIKE NYC 5 BOROS BUT BIGGER BECAUSE OF THE CEAN AND RIVER AND THE BAY BRIDGE TUNNEL AND EATERN SHORE IS APART OF 757 WHICH IS IN VA AND IT RUNS ALL THE WAY UP TO MARYLAND AND PASS SO HOW CAN U PUT KY TN WV VA SC GA NC I NTHE SAME CATEOGRY KY AND TN CAN BE WTIH INDIANNA AND ILLINOIS U ASK ME

WE HAVE ALL 4 SEASONS RIVERS MOUNTAINS HILLS VALLEYS SHENANDOAH HELLO HISTORY BOTH BLACK AND WHITE HRS AWAY FROM THE BIGGEST USA CITIES INCLUDING OUR OWN SHOPPING POTOMAC MILLS THE OUTLET IN WILLIAMS BURG DIVERSITY BIGGEST BASE IN THE WORLD FIRST STATE ESTABLISHED FOR THE 13 ORIGINAL COLONIES USA'S WOMB ONE OF THE BEST GOVERNMENTS IN THE USA LOWEST UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE ENTIRE EAST COAST FAIRFAX HIGHEST AND BEST IN THE USA FOR EDUCATION VIRGINIA BEACH THE THIRD AND LUNEUX NUMBER 7 TOP TEN!! VIRGINIA AS WELL IS CLOSE TO ISLANDS KNOTTS NAGS HEAD ITS IN NC BUT ITS CLOSE TO IT VIRGINIA IS IT FOR ME AS FAR AS VA VS SC VIRGINIA ONLY THING WE NEED IS A PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAM

IN SEVEN YEARS U NOT EVEN GONE KNOW WHAT HIT VIRGINIA MAJOR PLANS AND FUNDING GOING DOWN FOR ACTIVITIES AND OTHERS VA ALL DAY WHEN IT COMES TO THIS TOPIC

OH YEAH MORE POPLUATION ALONE IN VIRGINIA BEACH THAN IN THE WHOLE CITY OF CHARLOTTE I LIVE IN HAMPTON AND I LOOVE THE WATER AND BEAUTIFUL GEOGRAPHY VA HAS IT ALL MAN

ITS VIRGINIA

TOP TEN RICHEST CITIES

WASHINGTON DC, PRINCE COUNTY, were number 2 in the top ten Virginia Beach VA number 4 Washington number 5 www.forbes.com top ten richest cities

OH YEAH MORE POPLUATION ALONE IN VIRGINIA BEACH THAN IN THE WHOLE CITY OF CHARLOTTE

First of all, drop the caps! This isn't myspace.

Second, the population of Charlotte was 540,828 in 2000, while Va Beach's population was 425,257.

Third, Charlotte is in North Carolina, not South Carolina, so what does it matter?

HAMPTONROADSBEING THE BIGGEST MORE SO THAN NYC AND SEATTLE! NOW THATS A LOT.

Fourth, what a ridiculous claim!

Fifth, have sentences ever occurred to you?

Welcome to the forum, but please check your facts and your prose before clicking "Add Reply."

OK, I just got a headache from attempting to read all of that. And good Lord, I don't think I've ever witnessed such an overuse of a PC term (diversity) before in my life!

Seems like I've been hearing a lot of boosterism from VA Beach around here lately. Not really sure what's all the buzz about a big suburb, but perhaps I should check it out for myself one day.

And since when did Washington, DC become a Virginia city?

OK, I just got a headache from attempting to read all of that. And good Lord, I don't think I've ever witnessed such an overuse of a PC term (diversity) before in my life!

Seems like I've been hearing a lot of boosterism from VA Beach around here lately. Not really sure what's all the buzz about a big suburb, but perhaps I should check it out for myself one day.

And since when did Washington, DC become a Virginia city?

Well, first of all (in reference to 757girl) i've already addressed the all caps issue in a different thread. I trust that the next post will be more in line with the rules of the site. 2nd, I haven't seen too much Virginia Beach boosterism though there has been more of a regional boosterism as of late. There is nothing wrong in people being proud of the developments in their region but often times the HR area is overlooked. Is it all that, no, but there is more going on there than people normally give it credit for and many people are just trying to draw attention to that fact.

I've not really seen a lot of Hampton Roads boosterism, just VA Beach. Norfolk is a really cool, underrated city that I would like to hear more from on this forum, but I'm not really too sure what all the hoopla is about regarding VA Beach (not dissing the city or anything, just making an observation). Hopefully more participation from all segments of Hampton Roads will give those areas greater exposure on the Southern USA forum.

I vote Viginia namely because the DC area is one of the fastest growing economic regions in the country, and the city itself, while not technically in Virgina, is awesome. Richmond is also a great, big, city. Full of history and great architecture it is.

SC is nice, Charleston is a jewel of a town, but the DC metro is bigger, wealthier, and growing faster than the whole state of SC.

Yeap dude, but DC has fallen off in population last year.

The DC metro grew by an estimated 400,000 between 2000-2005. The city is losing population, true, but the attractions that make it worth visiting still stand and the crime rate is dropping. Some predict DC will start to gain population again soon, as the sprawl reaches its limit.

Archived