NISSAN may sample d'town or airport until HQ is completed

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Sherlock, the pieces come together. Perhaps even if the 1000 or so people who may work downtown for a year eventually work in Cool Springs, some may just like what they see in the center city and add to the residential population. The outbound commute to Cool Springs is a piece of cake and returning home downtown would be as well. And maybe, just maybe, they may enjoy working downtown too. A downtown Nissan presence would be sweet permanently, but there appears to be many wheels turning for building in Cool Springs.

Keep your eyes open for Japanese business executives carrying shovels. We can dream.

Ha ha. I thought I dreamed this. My girlfriend was leaving for work and she was in the living room with the TV blasting (you know women) and I woke up thought I had just dreamed it. I guess not.

I agree with whats already been said. Maybe we can get them down there and then hold on to them. The chances arent very good but its something to think about. Its kinda wierd they are rushing out of cali like that. It seems almost as if they are desperate to get out.

I thought it was intersting they were looking at BellSouth building. It would interesting to think the state's newest and highest profile HQ might locate alot of its temporary office space in the state's most recognized building.

-Note:Complete Sarcasm: :D -I think they should just buy out the space they need in the US Bank building and rename it...some company already has plenty of experience changing out that sign on top.

I thought it was intersting they were looking at BellSouth building. It would interesting to think the state's newest and highest profile HQ might locate alot of its temporary office space in the state's most recognized building.

-Note:Complete Sarcasm: :D -I think they should just buy out the space they need in the US Bank building and rename it...some company already has plenty of experience changing out that sign on top.

LOL! Good idea RK.

There is no doubt that there's not enough available floor space in any one building downtown to house them. They're going to have to locate in several buildings, IMO. I read an article in Saturday's Chattanooga paper which said that a new exit in Cool Springs on I-65 will begin construction in about 2 months connecting to the new headquarters building. If that happens, there is no way Nissan's stay in downtown will be a long one. :cry:

Maybe 100,00 sq. ft. But that is just a figure I pulled out of the sky. They would only need offices that would "keep the company running" so to speak while the campus is built and the hiring is taking place for jobs being replaced.

Archived