Belle Meade Theater rendering

smeagolsfree

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Agree... Saving the old theatre is FANTASTIC news. I can't tell from the rendering whether the supermarket will also occupy the former theatre and retail facing Harding? Also, where are the apartments, in the back above the Bank?

They did a pretty nice job of incorporating the deco elements from the original structure.

I think its amazing that the building its self will be saved. It will be a nice addition to the area, but I have to keep my shallow pockets at Kroger.

I don't remember Harris-Teeter as being outrageoulsy expensive but then again I shopped at Kroger and Publix most of the time due to convenience of locations.

Hey btw, Publix is planning a HUGE expansion in the Nashville market in the next five years. Believe it or not, there may just be one on every street corner. Believe me, it is already starting with a store just opened in Gallatin and stores coming to Nippers Corner, Murfreesboro, Nolensville Road, and even other locales in and around Nashville. You guys should see their urban designs in Florida. Hopefully we can land one of these in the Signature Tower!!! WOO HOO!!!

Carry on.

The street that most of the development actually faces doesn't exist yet. The market will face this new street with the bank and apartments. The little sliver of a lot will face Harding with what appears to be ample landscape buffer. I'm wondering if there will be a separate entrance where the marquee is. It would seem to make sense since there is substantial residential a short walk away.

I only wish that the narrow strip of parking facing Harding would be turned into a pedestrian-only, table-strewn, dining and strolling area. The building, separated from the street by asphalt, won't contribute as much to the pedestrian experience of Harding as it potentially could.

But other than that, it looks pretty swell, and I too am thrilled that the building is being saved!!

Cooncerning the traffic in the area: that would certainly be helped if some sort of grid was overlayed on top of the neighborhood...the traffic engineers who designed that place should have anticipated the perpetual clog a single intersection would have to endure. In the meantime, considering the horrendous effort THAT would entail, we will likely have to wait and hope an increase in pedestrian activity will take a little local traffic off the roads.

Must have missed that article. I had heard that something was in the works, but no decision with the how aspect. This is going to be an headache and a half while work is in progress. I wonder if they have thought of a way to smooth out traffic during construction. Glad I don't have to drive through that way anymore. ugh!!

Also Dave, your one of the reasons that I joined. Thanks, and keep up the good word.

The Dominican Nuns will not sell the tract of land needed to build a connector from Harding Road to White Bridge Road coming out behind Target. Between the hospital and Aquinas College, there is a strip of land wide enough to accomodate a four lane road, but they refuse to sell. Imminant Domain will eventually be used to free up the traffic jam in the area.

Archived