Billboard Angers Parents

GRDadof3

I have been reading with chagrin the hilarious story about a Mother in Rockford angry over a billboard advertising Sex And The City on FOX 17. I will admit that I think that A&F and Victoria's Secret do step over the line occasionally, but come on! The billboard just shows pictures of the cast (in clothes) and has the title of the show. :rofl:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...2380.xml&coll=6

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they should campaign to get Fox to pull it's advertising from it's TV stations too then. B/c who knows when you child may be watchign TV and see a Sex in the City advertisement... It's the name of the show.. get over it..

I'm sure your kiddies hear worse things in the music they listen to when you're not paying attention...

Quick think of the children, they must be shielded!!! :w00t:

From the article: "But it's the three-letter word in large red text, "SEX," which has Harkema and members of her association shielding their children's eyes."

"To me, it's almost shocking," said Nancy Graff, standing after the meeting with her three daughters, Allie, 11, Adrianna, 7, and Abbey, 9. "I had to divert my girls' attention. That word catches their eye."

:huh: Like she can't sit down and have a simple discussion with her girls about what sex is??!! They're gonna find out sooner or later and if she tells them now then the "word" won't be such a "shocking" thing.

No wait - let's avoid every discussion or thought of the word SEX and God forbid the actual act! That'll work.

:silly:

From the article: "But it's the three-letter word in large red text, "SEX," which has Harkema and members of her association shielding their children's eyes."

"To me, it's almost shocking," said Nancy Graff, standing after the meeting with her three daughters, Allie, 11, Adrianna, 7, and Abbey, 9. "I had to divert my girls' attention. That word catches their eye."

:huh: Like she can't sit down and have a simple discussion with her girls about what sex is??!! They're gonna find out sooner or later and if she tells them now then the "word" won't be such a "shocking" thing.

No wait - let's avoid every discussion or thought of the word SEX and God forbid the actual act! That'll work.

:silly:

SERIOUSLY.. I was about to add that to my post, but you beat me to it. The oldest is 11.. things are going to start changing even if mommy doesn't want them to.. But hey, lets just take them to the meeting and let them hear about how evil it is. That'll learn em good.

SERIOUSLY.. I was about to add that to my post, but you beat me to it. The oldest is 11.. things are going to start changing even if mommy doesn't want them to.. But hey, lets just take them to the meeting and let them hear about how evil it is. That'll learn em good.

AMEN BROTHER!!! :)

When it comes to this kind of thing, I know we spend alot of time discounting the moral high ground, and self righteousness the people from this area exude. Because truthfully it's not a well representation of who we are as residents of Western Michigan. However these people are still out there. I'm sure that she's looking very righteous in front all the people at church, and as she's driving her minivan down 131, thinking of how great a crusader she's being in the name of Jesus. However it's people like these who's children end up in the goth clothes hating the world. I like to think of it as karma. So keep it up sister what goes around comes around. They should do a news story on her in ten years when her son is a homosexual activist who does drag shows at Rumors!

When it comes to this kind of thing, I know we spend alot of time discounting the moral high ground, and self righteousness the people from this area exude. Because truthfully it's not a well representation of who we are as residents of Western Michigan. However these people are still out there. I'm sure that she's looking very righteous in front all the people at church, and as she's driving her minivan down 131, thinking of how great a crusader she's being in the name of Jesus. However it's people like these who's children end up in the goth clothes hating the world. I like to think of it as karma. So keep it up sister what goes around comes around. They should do a news story on her in ten years when her son is a homosexual activist who does drag shows at Rumors!

Sounds like this hits pretty close to home, hmm MJLO? :P

J/K, you're totally right.

yes GRDad!!!!!

you can see me wednesdays at 10p, but get there quick cause tickets sell out fast!

next week i'll be Miss Ginger the wonder queen! ;)

:shok: You're Miss Ginger!! :wub:

Seriously though, I know people who go to Our Lady of Constipation (ahem, Consolation :blush: ) and most of them are pretty reasonable good people.

sadly those girls are probably going to grow up to be sluts

Actually I appreciate the fine women of the Rockford Insititute of Good Morals, Clean Hygine and Tight Sphincters speaking up in time for me to eliminate said Rockford as a possible relocation site for me, my family and any business we may conduct.

Thanks Gals !!!!

This is just like the guy down south who couldn't handle the fact that some schools marching band was gonna play "devil went down to georgia" because it mentions the "devil". I'm all for standards of decency around here, but what is this, 1950? Sheeesh!

Yeah, I'm making every effort to live downtown, or at least spitting distance (Come on developers, let's get going on some more lofts !!!!)

I was with a realtor this weekend and asked her if she'd visited this site. I told her it was a great place to get a pulse on a very smart and articulate group of people that a realtor should be aware of. I also mentioned that the residential real estate community should be supporting the kinds of urban development efforts the folks in this forum are so passionate about. I have every reason to believe you guys are on the cusp of something amazing, hope you're ready for it !!!

Now if I can just get the automobile GPS to shut the engine down if I happen to unknowingly wander near Rockford....

Yeah, I'm making every effort to live downtown, or at least spitting distance (Come on developers, let's get going on some more lofts !!!!)

I was with a realtor this weekend and asked her if she'd visited this site. I told her it was a great place to get a pulse on a very smart and articulate group of people that a realtor should be aware of. I also mentioned that the residential real estate community should be supporting the kinds of urban development efforts the folks in this forum are so passionate about. I have every reason to believe you guys are on the cusp of something amazing, hope you're ready for it !!!

Now if I can just get the automobile GPS to shut the engine down if I happen to unknowingly wander near Rockford....

If your going north on 131 and notice a lot of trees and that everything seems to be elevating above you, you have hit Rockford, and it is too late for you :P

(seriously it seems like 131 was paved in a canyon out there)

Kib, I work in Rockford, so here are come helpful hints: DO NOT cross the Grand River if you are on the Northeast side (anywhere along the E Beltline or Plainfield Ave). Actually make the realtor stop the car in the middle of the road before it's too late :P , and if you are on 131 on the North side, don't go any further than the West River Drive exit. You should do OK with those two parameters (as far as the North side goes) :D IMO.

Archived