Grand Rapids Science Center

GR2010

I've traveled to many cities of GR size and they have Science Centers, Louisville is one example. I believe it would be a great attraction and also a great educational tool for our area schools. Has anyone else heard any buzz about a possible project? :shades:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should just revamp the Grand Rapids Museum or expand it into that little park to the South for a science center. Lansing has Impression Five, that I remember being REALLY cool when I was a kid.

When I was in 4th Grade we took an overnight field trip to Impressions 5 and slept in the basement. We got to play around the place after hours and got a tour of the capital building too. It was really neat.

They should just revamp the Grand Rapids Museum or expand it into that little park to the South for a science center. Lansing has Impression Five, that I remember being REALLY cool when I was a kid.

Heh, we went there for a class trip, it was awesome. Especially when my teacher headed the wrong way down a 1 way into on comming traffic and dropped an "Oh Sh!t"

I think our 4 little christian school faces were much like this -> :shok:

:rofl:

If ferris/kendall dont end up moving into the old Art Museum, I wonder if that would be a good place to have a science center.

that would be really cool bc it would still be on "museum row" and put that building to good use although we dont need a science center, I think it would be a big draw and add to the other museums as a big attraction

Grand Rapids has a couple more years to wait for a new science center.

I don't think anyone knows that for sure. Oh wait, there's currently a moratorium on new science museums until all science experiments in the country are completed and the secrets of the universe are revealed. :rofl:

There was a science center proposed a few years back -- along with a rendering of the center. I don't have it, but I'm sure someone else knows what I'm talking about. I believe it is in the category of "buildings that will never get built."

I would like to have seen this. I think a science center tied in either with the expanded Kennedy School of Engineering being built near Eberhard Center, or tied in with the Medical Mile expansions going on. It probably would do better along Pearl so that we maintain the Museum Row like someone else mentioned.

Archived