Traverse City

MJLO

WTF, thats retarded. The county has no business in the COUNTY SEAT? If the city is too stupid to support a great new development, then more power to the county to help the development along.

I was meaning the building that they are going to build next to JS Hamburg, in the vacant ford dealership building.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WTF, thats retarded. The county has no business in the COUNTY SEAT? If the city is too stupid to support a great new development, then more power to the county to help the development along.

I was meaning the building that they are going to build next to JS Hamburg, in the vacant ford dealership building.

nothing has been done on that piece of land.. i am not even sure who owns it.. they're probably waiting to see what happends with the snowden and federated property

wow, look at this I think we have multiple TC posters, I think we should great a TC forum! Come on guys you always hold out on me. You do realize that this thread alone kind of functions that way, you have more than a few forumers now, AND...... It already starts with more posts than Muskegon, or Kzoo! What d'ya say?

It will be a little slow, but i say go for it. Ill help out if i can.

If you create a forum, ill create topics about TC's major developments and other stuff like that- Picture threads, those types of things.

Edited by dtown

I just don't think there are enough topics personally. Right now there are only three or four major projects in the works, and who knows how long it could take for those to get going. Plus there is rarely any info out there about what is going on.

There was something in the Record-Eagle today (link below) about some interest in re-developing the area around Division St (US 31) and Front St. There are still two corners of that intersection, the southwest and the northeast, that are still vacant. One used to be a gas station, the northeast corner, and the other was some sort of random commercial building. If you have ever seen it, you know that the area is in need of some serious work. The article says that nobody will specify what may go there, but that they are serious about taking it over. I hope so, it is one of the ugliest corners in town.

Traverse City Record-Eagle

There was something in the Record-Eagle today (link below) about some interest in re-developing the area around Division St (US 31) and Front St. There are still two corners of that intersection, the southwest and the northeast, that are still vacant. One used to be a gas station, the northeast corner, and the other was some sort of random commercial building. If you have ever seen it, you know that the area is in need of some serious work. The article says that nobody will specify what may go there, but that they are serious about taking it over. I hope so, it is one of the ugliest corners in town.

Yeah, that corner could use some work. Id like to see a nice office building with some retail go in there.

What's there already on the existing corners?

Edited by jdkacz

What's there already on the existing corners?

a gas station on the northwest corner and bank on the south east corner and on the other two corners are old closed down gas station.... also has a horrible traffic problem, hopefully that can get worked out

I never really noticed a huge traffic problem. About the only problem is with how the turn arrows light up on the traffic light. It really is stupid. On top there is a red light and in the middle there is the yellow light just like on a normal traffic signal. But on bottom are two lights, a turn arrow on the left hand side and a regular green light on the right. When the arrow turns green, nobody goes because it is so hard to see and then to top that off, there is no yellow turn arrow, so when the light turns green, you have to pretty much hope that the people turning stop.

As to the corner itself, it is all zoned C2 commercial. C2 in Traverse City means no higher than 25 feet and no bigger than 8,000 sq. feet per floor. So it would have to be a small office for that to work, probebly something like another bank brance office or something similar.

Hey, speaking of South Airport Rd., I was driving down it last night and saw a LCD billboard. It is only LCD if you are driving east, the other side is just a plain billboard. I guess there is one on US 31 at 3 Mile Rd. Ooh, look at us, movin' on up.

These ones don't play video, from what I've seen so far. But it's kind of cool that we have some now.

Some good news for downtown. The County has officially entered into talks with Federated Properties to lease back spaces from the parking deck they want to include in the eight story project for W. Front St. This has really pissed off people in the city. I think its hilarious myself.

In other news. The bank at the corner of State and Union is coming along nicely. No pictures right now (I should really get down there sometime with my camera) but most of the shell is up now. A few more months and it should be done, I would think.

I glad about that. Its hilarious that the residents are mad- "Appalled" as the RE said. Get over it. If you are too backward to embrace sensible development then you are dumb. Hopefully the county can do what it has to do and get the job done.

I hope the bank is done by next time i go up to TC. It probobly will be, since i wont be up for a while. I cant wait to see it though.