Traverse City

MJLO

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forget that they would look nice, maybe we'd be able to see the damn things. You know what it's like trying to find a street sign with a 30 mph wind blowing snow at you? Impossible, that's what it's like.

To answer your previous post, the bank is still nothing more than a hole in the ground, but it is a bigger hole than the last time I saw it.

haha, oooh a big hole! cool. lol.

yeah i can imagine that those signs are hard to see in the winter, they are really small.

Wait!!! thats probobly why the fudgies drive so bad, they cant see the signs. That would be a big plus too. one time we saw the same guy, from ohio, 4 times in 4 different parts of town within an hour. he was driving so slow and erratic, you could tell he was lost.

I don't know if I ever mentioned this before, and I don't want to go back because my wireless is acting goofy today, but they are going to build the Hooters on 31 @ 4 mile. They have begun to clear the spot. I guess they came to some kind of agreement about the water and sewer hook up, and while it is still going to be really expensive, they brought it down to an agreeable level. No other news to speak of though. I was walking down State St. downtown and was wishing we had some more height around here.

Theyll probobly beotch about their parking spaces. HAHA! I bet theyll have a vote about if they should loose their parking spots! LOL.

But seriously, i cant wait to see it either, that dealership looks like crap.

Edit: hahaha, lol this forum automatically changes "bi tch to beotch.ha.

Edited by dtown

Yep, good news. Looking forward to seeing that POS building finally gone.

Drove by the bank site downtown yesterday (didn't have my camera with me though) and it looks like its coming along. They look like they will be pouring the foundation soon and then it should be a quick build. These guys have gotten pretty good with putting up steel beam construction.

Now another developer wants to build a parking deck on the west side of downtown. This time its Snowden who wants to do it. He is the same guy that submitted plans for a deck and building the same time Federated submitted plans to the city, but was shot down because of Michigan State Senator Jason Allen recieved a nice chunk ($20,000) from the CEO of Federated, probebly so he would convince Traverse City officials to pull for his plans.

But now Snowden wants to build anyway and get more money from the state in the way of Brownfield redevelopment funds.

Traverse City Record-Eagle

I dont know, i saw a rendering of Snowdens plan, and it already looks pretty good. Id like to see Federated's development built, it looked like it would fit good, and would clean up that crappy gravel area thats there now.

Edited by dtown