Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA)

mcheiss

• 2 weeks later...

I do appreciate that XNA built a new commercial check-in counter recently. The article I read stated that some passengers were uncomfortable when people were checking in coffins at the ticket counter. I could see how that might make someone a little nervous about flying. Final Destination comes to mind. :blink:

I do appreciate that XNA built a new commercial check-in counter recently. The article I read stated that some passengers were uncomfortable when people were checking in coffins at the ticket counter. I could see how that might make someone a little nervous about flying. Final Destination comes to mind. :blink:

:lol:

Are you talking about the Cargo Facility?

Because that's under contract with a construction company right now.

No, I think construction is suppose to start this year on it. If it is built, then we can also get real Air cargo operations from UPS and FedEX.

Maybe Wal-Mart will start pushing for direct international cargo to be flown into XNA again. XNA was supposed to have two bigger runways and freight terminals to handle international freight but Congress shot them down because they didn't want Wal-Mart flying products in from China without going through customs.

Maybe Wal-Mart will start pushing for direct international cargo to be flown into XNA again. XNA was supposed to have two bigger runways and freight terminals to handle international freight but Congress shot them down because they didn't want Wal-Mart flying products in from China without going through customs.

Tyson did a similar strategy with XNA, but it was an April Fools Joke.

The Joke was that Tyson wanted to have 4 or 5 747's that would ship chickens to Asia.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, XNA is going to loose their Orlando flight because of Delta's Bankruptcy Plan.

But it is great to see the final emplaments at XNA at 560,604 which is 14% higher than last years numbers of 488,878.

Yeah I heard about losing the Orlando flight. I heard that XNA found out the hard way. Some people were trying to book a future flight and noticed they couldn't after a certain date. So mentioned something to XNA and XNA called Delta. I also heard that XNA is trying to be a little more conservative and is only guessing single digit growth for next year.

Yeah I heard about losing the Orlando flight. I heard that XNA found out the hard way. Some people were trying to book a future flight and noticed they couldn't after a certain date. So mentioned something to XNA and XNA called Delta. I also heard that XNA is trying to be a little more conservative and is only guessing single digit growth for next year.

I think it was smart to get rid of the Orlando flight, so that way Delta can focus on upgrading the Atlanta flights to Delta on Boeing 737's. The flight was somewhat popular, but XNA can do without it.

They won't be flying 737's into XNA for a long time. I don't see 737's being flown in for at least another 7-8 years and that is if Southwest decides to fly into XNA. Most airlines are going away from 737's and leaning toward the regional jets, so I don't see that happening.

They won't be flying 737's into XNA for a long time. I don't see 737's being flown in for at least another 7-8 years and that is if Southwest decides to fly into XNA. Most airlines are going away from 737's and leaning toward the regional jets, so I don't see that happening.

I doubt it will be that long, seeing as how in 4-5 years, XNA's Emplaments will be at 1 Million. Most airports at 1 Million have some 737's. Everyone also said we would never get MD-80's which hold more passengers than a 737 and look at how many we have now. 3 American Flights to DFW and 1 American flight to ORD.

• 1 month later...

Not true, in fact we've already reached over half a million emplaments last year. Their are many factors to low emplament numbers. For one, it's January, people aren't traveling for leisure, it's mainly business, because most of them traveled during the holiday break or they are waiting for spring break, summer times. Also, NWA lacks a low fare airline, which is another reason why numbers seem a bit low. Then you've got the fact that Northwest Airlines downsized and has even cancelled a lot of it's flights. I think the airport was even shut down a day because of snow or ice in January. There's a bit more details why numbers seem a bit low, but I won't go into furthur details.

Not true, in fact we've already reached over half a million emplaments last year. Their are many factors to low emplament numbers. For one, it's January, people aren't traveling for leisure, it's mainly business, because most of them traveled during the holiday break or they are waiting for spring break, summer times. Also, NWA lacks a low fare airline, which is another reason why numbers seem a bit low. Then you've got the fact that Northwest Airlines downsized and has even cancelled a lot of it's flights. I think the airport was even shut down a day because of snow or ice in January. There's a bit more details why numbers seem a bit low, but I won't go into furthur details.

Sorry, my bad... I thought 37,974 was for the year. That's awesome for a slow month! :D

It's cool that both Ozark airports are growing at such a fast rate. The Springfield Branson National Airport (SGF) is the 2nd fastest growing airport in the nation and airport officials are predticting that 06's passengers numbers will be at or over 1 million. This prediction comes after last years total at more than 880,000 passengers. They are also expecting that the airport will get 4 new flights.

community1.jpg