Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA)

mcheiss

• 3 months later...

I just had a couple of curiosity questions about XNA, and didn't really know where to look for answers.

Which flight is busiest out of XNA?

How's the Miami flight doing?

What do you think will be the next added destination?

When will we see a XNA to LIT flight (quite a while I'm sure)?

How's the development going around the airport?

Maybe you guys will have some answers.

I was driving around the other day and moseyed on out to the airport...Had these things run through my head.

I recently took a business trip on the Miami Flight. It was completely sold out and actually they asked several people to take a flight to DFW and then XNA and they would receive a 250 dollar voucher for a flight. Not too much development out at the airport last time I checked. They are moving along with the expanded ticket counter area. That was nice to see. I hope the next flight that is added will be XNA to Las Vegas. We really need a direct flight to Vegas from here.

I recently took a business trip on the Miami Flight. It was completely sold out and actually they asked several people to take a flight to DFW and then XNA and they would receive a 250 dollar voucher for a flight. Not too much development out at the airport last time I checked. They are moving along with the expanded ticket counter area. That was nice to see. I hope the next flight that is added will be XNA to Las Vegas. We really need a direct flight to Vegas from here.

Given Wal-Mart's presence in Latin America I have to think that Miami flight's doing pretty well.

XNA to China would be big.

Love to get the airport a legit "International" billing.

However, I'm sure they can't get too far in talks before the current expansions are completed, due to ticket counters and things of that nature.

Sounds like XNA is pretty much on hold until that little project is completed.

Edited by Sammy00

That is what I thought too, but since they have so many clients in China they were wanting to add a direct flight there. That is just what I heard Matt! :dontknow:

I know just giving you a hard time. :whistling: As much as we'd all like to see this, I highly doubt that we will see this.

I know just giving you a hard time. :whistling: As much as we'd all like to see this, I highly doubt that we will see this.

Yeah it's weird to think about. I think however realistically Wal-mart has control of that airport's business destinations and it seems they do big business in China and China is a ever expanding market for Wal-mart also with big dividend possibilities. If they have found gold in China you might see one flight per week. The new World Trade Center exists here largely due to that presense in China I think. U of A has a partnership with a China university and is sending at least one professor over there for teaching expatriats and Chinese students distribution technology.

All of that said, it still sounds doubtful or crazy or both.

Hey, thats some great news for NWA. We all know how it feel's here in Springfield... were all waiting for the new Midfield Terminal to get finished in 08'. Airport officials stated that with Springfield's phenomenol increase in passenger numbers, and with the brand new airport, we will be very surprised what is to come. I just hope it lives up to that.

I've never been to, or seen photos of, the NWA airport. Is it pretty big? I'm sure that the added concourse will be very nice at 20 million. I saw that the article stated the airport currently has room for 12 gates, so does this expansion mean it will have 16?

Hey, thats some great news for NWA. We all know how it feel's here in Springfield... were all waiting for the new Midfield Terminal to get finished in 08'. Airport officials stated that with Springfield's phenomenol increase in passenger numbers, and with the brand new airport, we will be very surprised what is to come. I just hope it lives up to that.

I've never been to, or seen photos of, the NWA airport. Is it pretty big? I'm sure that the added concourse will be very nice at 20 million. I saw that the article stated the airport currently has room for 12 gates, so does this expansion mean it will have 16?

It's actually really small. There's only 3 actual jet bridge gates and 9 small gates where you simply walk up to the plane.

• Like 1

It is a small airport that actually does quite a lot of business and serves quite a few destinations...

I LIKE small airports, I wish it was cheaper, but I HATE waiting for security at bigger airports. XNA is in and out in no time flat...I've gotten out of my car before with only an hour before a flight and still had time to wait at the terminal before boarding.

It is a small airport that actually does quite a lot of business and serves quite a few destinations...

I LIKE small airports, I wish it was cheaper, but I HATE waiting for security at bigger airports. XNA is in and out in no time flat...I've gotten out of my car before with only an hour before a flight and still had time to wait at the terminal before boarding.

I've had to wait half an hour during the week in the security line. Thank goodness it's being expanded.

I've had to wait half an hour during the week in the security line. Thank goodness it's being expanded.

I mostly travel on the weekends, XNA is dead and everywhere else on earth is busier. I've had to wait at JFK for two hours before...

I mostly travel on the weekends, XNA is dead and everywhere else on earth is busier. I've had to wait at JFK for two hours before...

The weekends are dead as you said, except in the summer and spring break. I think the worst I've ever had is LAX. 3 and 1/2 hours. :(

Maybe this has already been posted and I just missed it, but I saw on the Little Rock board that XNA has added DCA (Washington National) to it's list of destinations.

Wow thanks for posting this!!

I can't belive it's through American. I surely would have thought either United or US Airways. Good to see it starts September 5th.

More good news for the airport. Orlando is back on as a destination with Orlando. However, only one flight will be offered per week onboard an Embaer 135.

The Nonstop Destination list is now:

Atlanta

Charlotte

Chicago O'Hare

Cincinnati

Dallas/Ft. Worth

Denver

Detroit

Houston

Los Angeles

Memphis

Miami (Started This Year)