Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA)

mcheiss

XNA has set a new record for annual passengers in just 11 months.

Totals show the airport had 536, 498 passengers through Nov. 30, compared with 511, 714 passengers in all of 2004.

Yeah I heard about that. But I also heard that they still need to do more. I think they compared XNA to some airports in Texas. All of them that were close to the numbers we had had more than one runway and had more room in other areas of the airport.

Yeah I heard about that. But I also heard that they still need to do more. I think they compared XNA to some airports in Texas. All of them that were close to the numbers we had had more than one runway and had more room in other areas of the airport.

The Runway is 15 years down the road.

Hopefully the lobby and terminal space expansion is completed.

XNA has a 78,000 square foot terminal. Apparently airports in Texas with near the same passengers as XNA have nearly double that size terminal. XNA had around 329,000 passengers in '99, a little under 512,000 in '04 and of course we've already beat that makr with a month still to go. So any predictions when it might start reaching 750,000?

Only once which was in September of 2001. Other than that, every single month has easily surpassed the numbers from the year before.

That's true but remember that's true of virtually every airport in the nation. 9/11 had a huge impact and numbers have improved steadily each year since then everywhere. That said, I would think XNA is growing a little faster than most other airports.

That's true but remember that's true of virtually every airport in the nation. 9/11 had a huge impact and numbers have improved steadily each year since then everywhere. That said, I would think XNA is growing a little faster than most other airports.

I do think XNA is growing at a faster rate. It was one of the few airports that wasn't really affected by 9/11. I have no idea though how much faster than the average it's growing though.

Not sure, most airports are growing somewhat at around 5%, but then there's some growing at alarming rates of 50%+. XNA is well above the national average though.

You have to remember, though, that 5% growth at a large airport can be more overall growth than a 14% growth at a smaller airport like XNA.

I'm not saying that's the case, but sometimes growth percentages can be misleading.

You have to remember, though, that 5% growth at a large airport can be more overall growth than a 14% growth at a smaller airport like XNA.

I'm not saying that's the case, but sometimes growth percentages can be misleading.

That is true, I don't know how impressive XNA's growth is overall but I think it's doing pretty well. Considering it seems to have similar numbers to airports twice it's size in this region faster growth could actually end up being bad. I don't think the airport will be able to expand too much more quickly than it already is.

It looks like Springfield Regional Airport will be voting on a measure soon to change the name of the airport to Springfield National Airport.

Does anyone think the XNA should change their name to Northwest Arkansas International Airport?

Why not interplanetary?

BTW, LIT's up 8% over last year and is at $1.2 million thus far.

You laugh at interplanetary eh? I'll have you know they are buildings a 'spaceport' in southern New Mexico believe it or not. There are companies looking into space tourism over here. I saw the article on MSNBC just the other day. They will temporarily be going out of California for a while. But they plan to eventually have a permanent port in southern New Mexico. I think it was supposed to be around White Sands.

You laugh at interplanetary eh? I'll have you know they are buildings a 'spaceport' in southern New Mexico believe it or not. There are companies looking into space tourism over here. I saw the article on MSNBC just the other day. They will temporarily be going out of California for a while. But they plan to eventually have a permanent port in southern New Mexico. I think it was supposed to be around White Sands.

I can just see it now....

Northwest Arkansas Interplanetary Airport

:rofl:

I can just see it now....

Northwest Arkansas Interplanetary Airport

:rofl:

Don't think we'll ever have to worry about that. :D I think they picked southern New Mexico because there's not much population nearby. It's a little dangerous with those rockets. They tend to keep them away from population centers.

One thing that should help XNA is when the access road to the airport built. They have plans to spend several million on it this year, buying the right of way, relocating people, and then clearing the way for the road. They said no pavement will be poured till 2007 but hopefully the road will be done by around 2009. That should help out XNA a lot and really shorten the time it takes to get there.

One thing that should help XNA is when the access road to the airport built. They have plans to spend several million on it this year, buying the right of way, relocating people, and then clearing the way for the road. They said no pavement will be poured till 2007 but hopefully the road will be done by around 2009. That should help out XNA a lot and really shorten the time it takes to get there.

Maybe when the road is done too they can take a more serious look at expansion at the airport as well.