Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA)

mcheiss

What four flights are you talking about?

I always thought that Springfield should have flights to Atlanta, but Delta hasn't made a move on it yet.

Springfield does have a flight to Atlanta (the world busiest airport), it started last December. I'm not sure what flight's exactly but in a News-Leader article they were thinking San Diego, Seattle, Phili...

I don't think they really know quite yet.

Here's a list of the flights out of Springfield:

Atlanta

Las Vegas

Orlando

Dallas/ Ft. Worth

Minneapolis

Denver

Memphis

Chicago

St. Louis

Cincinnati

Detroit

Kansas City

hf1.jpg

Springfield does have a flight to Atlanta (the world busiest airport), it started last December. I'm not sure what flight's exactly but in a News-Leader article they were thinking San Diego, Seattle, Phili...

Atlanta

Las Vegas

Orlando

Dallas/ Ft. Worth

Minneapolis

Denver

Memphis

Chicago

St. Louis

Cincinnati

Detroit

Kansas City

Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport has similar flights and a few more to boot... here's a list of cities serviced by XNA:

• Atlanta
  • Orlando
  • Dallas/Fort Worth
  • Minneapolis
  • Denver
  • Memphis
  • Chicago
  • St. Louis
  • Cincinnati
  • Detroit
  • New York
  • Los Angeles
  • Houston
  • Newark
  • Salt Lake City
  • Charlotte

We haven't picked up Las Vegas or Kansas City yet but they're not very big business destinations for Northwest Arkansas' companies.

Edited by masons_dad1

Atlanta

Las Vegas

Orlando

Dallas/ Ft. Worth

Minneapolis

Denver

Memphis

Chicago

St. Louis

Cincinnati

Detroit

Kansas City

It would be hard for Springfield to attract San Diego, Seattle, or Philadelphia, not even Little Rock Adams Field, Tulsa International, or Oklahoma City Will Rogers airport have flights to either of those cities.

I might suggest Houston or New York City as good cities, as well as Salt Lake City.

It's kind of weird that XNA has more flights than SGF seeing how much higher SGF's passenger numbers are and the larger facility that SGF has over XNA. I guess its because of Walmart.

subheader3.jpg

There are over 200 Vendors and Suppliers for Wal-Mart in Northwest Arkansas and they need direct flights to the biggest cities. There will eventually be over 600 Vendors and Suppliers in Northwest Arkansas.

BTW... XNA has an 8,800-foot runway... if I recall SGF's biggest runway is only 8,000-foot. Size doesn't really matter anyways does it? :D

It would be hard for Springfield to attract San Diego, Seattle, or Philadelphia, not even Little Rock Adams Field, Tulsa International, or Oklahoma City Will Rogers airport have flights to either of those cities.

I might suggest Houston or New York City as good cities, as well as Salt Lake City.

Yeah, I guess. Thats just what the airport officials were predicting so you never know what could happen. Springfield also has the advantage of being the 2nd fastest growing airport in the nation though, and while most airports are cancleing flights Springfield is adding at a fast rate.

community1.jpg

Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport has similar flights and a few more to boot... here's a list of cities serviced by XNA:
  • Atlanta
  • Orlando
  • Dallas/Fort Worth
  • Minneapolis
  • Denver
  • Memphis
  • Chicago
  • St. Louis
  • Cincinnati
  • Detroit
  • New York
  • Los Angeles
  • Houston
  • Newark
  • Salt Lake City
  • Charlotte

We haven't picked up Las Vegas or Kansas City yet but they're not very big business destinations for Northwest Arkansas' companies.

FYI the non-stop flight from XNA to Orlando has been canceled, not because it wasn't being used, but because of Delta trying to cut cost, they have canceled thousands of flight across the US

Northwest Arkansas is where the business is and where it will continue to grow. XNA will soon outgrow SGF just as the NWA metro has passed up Springfield in population. It's good to be proud of the Springfield, it's a very nice place, and is growing. However, slyder1 seems to think everything about Springfield is bigger and better than NWA, which just isn't true. XNA is only the 2nd major airport built in the last 25 years.

It is growing faster than the Springfield airport and will continue to expand and add more flights. Slyder needs to realize that WAL*MART has over 15,000 vendors...only about 300 have moved to the area so far...I'm not saying all 15,000 will come into the area, but many many more will, and that will only add to the airport's growth. Springfield is growing in its own right, but whether slyder likes it or not, NWA is the bigger metro now and is outpacing the Springfeild metro in growth and will become a powerhouse in the area. Springfield just doesn't have the draw that NWA does for population and new business....not an opinion...just plain fact. I'm not trying to argue, but slyder, you are constantly talking about springfield is bigger, this project is better, our airport is busier, and so on...NWA is where it's at...Springfield is no longer going to be the center of the Ozarks. Great things are happening there, but much greater things are happening in NWA...which is why there is so much national news about the growth of the area and the urbanization of the area.

Ok, I'm not raining on slyder's parade, he's got a lot of pride for his city. I'm glad to see Springfield is going through a bit of growth right now.

XNA already has more emplament and total passenger numbers than Springfield Regional.

Here are the numbers released by the FAA for 2004, the 2005 numbers haven't been released by XNA is still ahead. These are not total passenger numbers, just what was brought into the airport.

XNA - Ranked 119 in the Nation - 492,855

SGF - Ranked 139 in the Nation - 354,326

Northwest Arkansas is where the business is and where it will continue to grow. XNA will soon outgrow SGF just as the NWA metro has passed up Springfield in population. It's good to be proud of the Springfield, it's a very nice place, and is growing. However, slyder1 seems to think everything about Springfield is bigger and better than NWA, which just isn't true. XNA is only the 2nd major airport built in the last 25 years.

It is growing faster than the Springfield airport and will continue to expand and add more flights. Slyder needs to realize that WAL*MART has over 15,000 vendors...only about 300 have moved to the area so far...I'm not saying all 15,000 will come into the area, but many many more will, and that will only add to the airport's growth. Springfield is growing in its own right, but whether slyder likes it or not, NWA is the bigger metro now and is outpacing the Springfeild metro in growth and will become a powerhouse in the area. Springfield just doesn't have the draw that NWA does for population and new business....not an opinion...just plain fact. I'm not trying to argue, but slyder, you are constantly talking about springfield is bigger, this project is better, our airport is busier, and so on...NWA is where it's at...Springfield is no longer going to be the center of the Ozarks. Great things are happening there, but much greater things are happening in NWA...which is why there is so much national news about the growth of the area and the urbanization of the area.

Yeah, pride and enthusiasm are always good things to have, but slyder1 is quite the mark. I'm sure he doesn't mean to sound like one though, so I say that as constructive criticism-- to have an intelligent, productive discussion, don't sound like a mark. It's uncool. It's hard to read the Branson/Springfield thread... makes my brain want to explode. Nothing against the area or slyder1-- I've been there many dozens of times, it's a fine place it its own right.

Come on guys... we can get along with anyone who wants to post here. Springfield is a great city that has a lot of things that NWA doesn't have... yet. When slyder1 claims something is bigger and better in Springfield just prove him wrong and let it go. There are probably a lot of people from other regions that view our posts and I'd hate for them to feel unwanted here and go away because we can't handle a little competition.

Let's show everyone that Northwest Arkansas isn't just about million dollar houses and shiny new buildings being built, but it's also about friendly people who want to share what we love about NWA.

I think we all enjoy reading about the developments in Springfield...I know I do. I enjoy trips to Branson / Springfield. I'm glad slyder1 is around to keep us informed about the area. The area is totally ignored in the Missouri forum, the area was adopted into the AR forum. A little friendly competition is fine, but the flood of false facts that make it look like Springfield is superior to NWA is uncalled for. I had figured that XNA had more enplanements than SGF, but I didn't say anything, because I didn't know for sure. I'm glad mcheiss cleared that up. It's all fine and good to have pride in your city, but let's not exaggerate to make one seem better than the other. True facts and numbers speak for themselves.

I think we all enjoy reading about the developments in Springfield...I know I do. I enjoy trips to Branson / Springfield. I'm glad slyder1 is around to keep us informed about the area. The area is totally ignored in the Missouri forum, the area was adopted into the AR forum. A little friendly competition is fine, but the flood of false facts that make it look like Springfield is superior to NWA is uncalled for. I had figured that XNA had more enplanements than SGF, but I didn't say anything, because I didn't know for sure. I'm glad mcheiss cleared that up. It's all fine and good to have pride in your city, but let's not exaggerate to make one seem better than the other. True facts and numbers speak for themselves.

I'm sorry to rain on your NWA pride TIMMY! First off the only statement that was ever slightly misleading was the population that Springfield would reach by adding Taney and Stone counties (550,000) but in order to get that pop. it would be a combination of Lawrence and Dade along with Taney and Stone, which I later said. I have never said anything that states Springfield is better than NWA, but I quess your just mad at the fact that someone else is posting good developments in the Ozarks and you just want everyone to know about NWA. From the get-go you have been on my *** and havn't quit. Ohhh....Talking about skewed facts

tim 2462

" XNA is growing faster than the Springfield airport and will continue to expand and add more flights."

Here is the TRUE FACTS on the SGF airport:

"In the first half of 2005, passenger numbers have increased 25.1% over the first half of 2004. (The 721,958 passengers in 2004 was a record for SGF and a 10% increase over 2003.) Continuing at this pace, the airport will likely see 900,000 to 1 million passengers by the end of this year."

HERE ARE THE LINKS FOR THAT INFORMATION: SGF 2006 passenger #'s/SGF 04-05 passenger #'s

SGF hasn't been below 500,000 passengers for 10 years now! YES.... I know NWA is growing at a fast rate!

I don't know what you have against Springfield but you need to grow up and realize that the whole country is growing and not just NWA!

subheader3.jpg

I'm sorry to rain on your NWA pride TIMMY! First off the only statement that was ever slightly misleading was the population that Springfield would reach by adding Taney and Stone counties (550,000) but in order to get that pop. it would be a combination of Lawrence and Dade along with Taney and Stone, which I later said. I have never said anything that states Springfield is better than NWA, but I quess your just mad at the fact that someone else is posting good developments in the Ozarks and you just want everyone to know about NWA. From the get-go you have been on my *** and havn't quit. Ohhh....Talking about skewed facts

tim 2462

" XNA is growing faster than the Springfield airport and will continue to expand and add more flights."

"In the first half of 2005, passenger numbers have increased 25.1% over the first half of 2004. (The 721,958 passengers in 2004 was a record for SGF and a 10% increase over 2003.) Continuing at this pace, the airport will likely see 900,000 to 1 million passengers by the end of this year."

HERE ARE THE LINKS FOR THAT INFORMATION: SGF 2006 passenger #'s/SGF 04-05 passenger #'s

SGF hasn't been below 500,000 passengers for 10 years now! YES.... I know NWA is growing at a fast rate!

I don't know what you have against Springfield but you need to grow up and realize that the whole country is growing and not just NWA!

subheader3.jpg

Obviously, you neglected to read my posts...I have nothing agaist Springfield, I love the area...I'm just aying that you're a little too enthusiastic about things and are spewing false info. One example of your enthusiasm is in the Missouri forum, you refer to Springfield as a metropolis...no need to exaggerate...really!I can't help that you're so upset NWA is growing faster than Springfield. The whole country is not growing, there are seveal areas in decline. There are many areas growing faster than NWA...but NWA is in the top 10...Springfield is not even in the top 50. Don't take my dispute of your "facts" as hate on Springfield...I love the area and I'm glad you post about it on here...I'm disappointed that it is ignored by the Missouri forum. Next time, before spewing your accusations, please read my posts more carefully. :D

Edited by tim2462

Obviously, you neglected to read my posts...I have nothing agaist Springfield, I love the area...I'm just aying that you're a little too enthusiastic about things and are spewing false info. One example of your enthusiasm is in the Missouri forum, you refer to Springfield as a metropolis...no need to exaggerate...really!I can't help that you're so upset NWA is growing faster than Springfield. The whole country is not growing, there are seveal areas in decline. There are many areas growing faster than NWA...but NWA is in the top 10...Springfield is not even in the top 50. Don't take my dispute of your "facts" as hate on Springfield...I love the area and I'm glad you post about it on here...I'm disappointed that it is ignored by the Missouri forum. Next time, before spewing your accusations, please read my posts more carefully. :D

[/quote

Please endulge me on all my "False Info" that I have stated. By Metropolis I mean MSA, but I guess Metropolis doesnt mean that. NO..... I'm not upset that NWA is growing faster than Springfield and have not implied that in any of my post's. I'm just mad at the fact that when I say something about Springfield you turn around and say something negative about it. I just want people to know that Springfield is growing to, and yes, I know it's not near as much as NWA but it is still growing fast. Like I said before, I don't recall making many "False" statements beside the population figures for the Springfield MSA. I hope that we can clear this up and move on. I quess I was a little steamy in the last post but you said some rude stuff as well as False info on the SGF airport. Anyway's, I am sorry to make anyone think that I think my city is better than theirs. :D

subheader3.jpg

subheader3.jpg

If you would have read my post, I clearly mentioned that the facts WERE NOT Total Passengers, but Emplaments, meaning passengers that are brought into the airport. Emplaments are more favorably used in the airport world because they reflect what is being brought into that particular airport. You need to take a good look at people's posts before you start posting away.

To Everyone:

I won't have anyone ragging on anyone else's parade. I'm sick of hearing all this bickering and complaining going on in all these posts. Everyone needs to drop this crap and get along. Both Springfield and Northwest Arkansas both have great things going for them, and many more to come in the future. Consider this a warning to everyone, I will not tolerate this childish behavior in my forums.

There's a proposal to put two hotels out near XNA. The Development would include a gas station, two restaurants, and some high density residential. Not sure what the hotels are, but I've got a hunch it could be a Hampton Inn.

That would certainly fit in with the predicted growth and density they're thinking will happen out there. The predictions I saw in the paper made it look like that that area could very well be the big hot spot for the metro in the future.

There's a proposal to put two hotels out near XNA. The Development would include a gas station, two restaurants, and some high density residential. Not sure what the hotels are, but I've got a hunch it could be a Hampton Inn.

Is that in addition to the hotel and apartment complex that is already there? I think the apatment complex was still under construction a couple months ago when I was last out there.