Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lexy

Jarhead?

Looks like an interesting film based around Operation Desert Storm. Anybody plan on seeing it while its out?

Nope. Looks like propaganda to me.

I'm not sure. I guess it depends what you mean by propaganda. It's based on a book by a Marine who is against the current war.

I plan to see it.

My reasoning is not exactly rational, but it has that general feel in the commercials. "they told me I was serving my country..." or something to that extent.

It does not look like it is going to portray the military in a positive light, and it's getting great reviews from the Hollywood insiders who are known to be against the war...

Maybe I am just looking at it wrong or something.

My reasoning is not exactly rational, but it has that general feel in the commercials. "they told me I was serving my country..." or something to that extent.

It does not look like it is going to portray the military in a positive light, and it's getting great reviews from the Hollywood insiders who are known to be against the war...

Maybe I am just looking at it wrong or something.

yeah, i guess i could see where you're coming from.

I don't believe Hollywood has portrayed the military in a positive light since Duke Wayne did "The Green Berets" back in '68 (but most consider that a pretty poor film... with the infamous shot of the sun setting in the east). The problem remains way too many America-haters out there in that town... :(

I don't believe Hollywood has portrayed the military in a positive light since Duke Wayne did "The Green Berets" back in '68 (but most consider that a pretty poor film... with the infamous shot of the sun setting in the east). The problem remains way too many America-haters out there in that town... :(

Well, I guess the Marine who wrote "Jarhead" and served in Desert Storm is also an "America-hater".

Well, I guess the Marine who wrote "Jarhead" and served in Desert Storm is also an "America-hater".

Might very well be. ;-) However, Hollywood is known for taking even conservative/pro-American sources and perverting it to their own ends.