Jarhead?

Lexy

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My reasoning is not exactly rational, but it has that general feel in the commercials. "they told me I was serving my country..." or something to that extent.

It does not look like it is going to portray the military in a positive light, and it's getting great reviews from the Hollywood insiders who are known to be against the war...

Maybe I am just looking at it wrong or something.

My reasoning is not exactly rational, but it has that general feel in the commercials. "they told me I was serving my country..." or something to that extent.

It does not look like it is going to portray the military in a positive light, and it's getting great reviews from the Hollywood insiders who are known to be against the war...

Maybe I am just looking at it wrong or something.

yeah, i guess i could see where you're coming from.

I don't believe Hollywood has portrayed the military in a positive light since Duke Wayne did "The Green Berets" back in '68 (but most consider that a pretty poor film... with the infamous shot of the sun setting in the east). The problem remains way too many America-haters out there in that town... :(

Well, I guess the Marine who wrote "Jarhead" and served in Desert Storm is also an "America-hater".

Archived