Parramore's Future: Highrise Development or No?

DelGreco

That would make sense, but that site is only 5 acres.  Maybe they would do half at Otey (sports fields?) and half where the current rec center is? 

Yours looks the closest. If you expand your map up to Amelia, its all already owned by the School Board. Also looks like the School Board of Orange County has purchased everything on the north side of Federal St, and half way down the south side of Amelia. The remainder is one owner, that I'm sure they're trying to get (perhaps under contract, just not closed?) as that looks like it would make it the reported acreage. So it appears to be the area bounded by Parramore, Amelia, Livingston, and Westmoreland, excluding the southwest corner, south of Federal St for about 500 ft.

I hope there can be some historic preservation. Restoration of buildings like Ebenezer Methodist Church and some of the buildings along S. Parramore will help retain the character to the neighborhood.

• Like 3

^^

The French Quarter is awesome.  Filth adds to its character.  There's nothing like the detergent spewing street cleaner chugging along Bourbon early in the am.

^^

That's an interesting point about Parramore Ave.  I don't think it would become like Bourbon St.  Probably akin to Frenchmen St...a smaller version of Bourbon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put it on a map, here's a map of what appears to be owned by the school board, the remaining northwest block in this is owned by one owner, and if acquired would make the acreage match up with what is reported in the article.

Looks like you were right about the location of the Parramore School (dark green building peeking out on the left side):

higher-ed-CV.jpg

I thought Terry was going to sort of replace Parramore as the main north-south in that area since the soccer stadium was going to fubar Parramore. 

Terry Ave doesn't exist above the railroad tracks right now, so I wonder if this new segment will connect to the existing one--which means a new rail crossing would be required. If they do create a new rail crossing, it could definitely turn Terry into the main north-south stretch. 

I agree with the express bus. The only possible stop I could envision would be Baldwin park/fashion square. Other than that, there's nothing unless you make the route go through winter park.

They run shuttles between the main campus and the Rosen school of hospitality (and I'd imagine the med school). A similar model is probably best. The only problem is the amount of busses needed to potentially shuttle upwards of 15k students.

Edited by mcn11

There's Mills50, Full Sail, Baldwin Park, Fashion Square, Uptown, UCF Research Park, and then residential neighborhoods that could support LTR and increased density throughout the corridor.   Agree though, that express buses would have optimal impact for students who are just focused on getting to downtown and back to UCF.

Edited by prahaboheme

When you include Full Sail, are you saying that it would then go down University? There is no hope for dense development on that road because of all of the walled subdivisions.

Research Park itself is auto centric - but that said, the express bus could easily make 1-2 stops as it would have to travel through the park as it exists 408 into the park and continues to UCF.

Mills/50 is RAPIDLY accessible via LYNX and will be included in the full northern LYMMO expansion as will Uptown. I can believe that one day 50 all the way to Baldwin will "earn" premium transit, but 436 to 434....too long a stretch of nothingness. There would transit dependent riders that would benefit and in turn slow the system down causing me to drive or even rent a carshare vehicle before taking transit to UCF. Which would be a shame.