DelGreco

Parramore's Future: Highrise Development or No?

2 hours ago, Kaz said:

I like the idea.  The massing may be a bit off with that one tall tower, but the rest makes sense.  They seem to be really trying to connect the development to the community as well.  It mentions that they want the hotel to be named in honor of Wells (You may know him as the namesake of the Wells Built Museum).

My only thoughts are that they should keep Jackson St. through the development and that the old church building on the corner of Terry and Church is preserved.  We'll regret getting rid of either of them in the long term.  If rail transit ever comes to Church St., it could act as the vehicular alternate route or vis versa.  That old church building is one of the remnants of Parramore's rich history that we should not soon forget.

• Like 2

Hmmm- another "District." Everything used to be "(Something) Park." Was there a meeting about this? Maybe they thought they wouldn't have to keep as many trees in a District as in a Park.

Where was OBJ? Oh, the humanity!I'll expect a full report from Brendan on this conspiracy!

OK, I feel better now.

I read somewhere long time ago that they want to make Church Street the main street of Orlando. I hope they have plan to eventually make this street pedestrain only ala Lincoln Road.

21 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I read somewhere long time ago that they want to make Church Street the main street of Orlando. I hope they have plan to eventually make this street pedestrain only ala Lincoln Road.

It is pedestrian only west of Orange and east of I4 a lot of times.

Is this for real...the City approved this?  I love it...and it kind of makes sense considering the Orlando Magic Entertainment Complex will be going up. This has the potential of a true destination if it happens.

I'm not sure who Tim Green is, but I looked up Urban America and they are a huge developer of major revitalization projects around he country...mostly in areas similar to Parramore.  Sounds like a solid foundation and if they have a multi-billion dollar private equity fund backing them...anything is possible. Something like this is badly needed if they want to truly transform Parramore...while still keeping a mixed income/race identity.

Kudos to the City and these developers if they make it happen!

• Like 1