Military Highway Corridor

skylinefan

NORFOLK - The booming North Military Highway commercial corridor near Janaf Shopping Center will soon get two new hotels.

The City Council approved a rezoning Tuesday that paves the way for the $25 million project. It will feature two five-story hotels with 120 rooms each and a 10,000-square-foot office building or restaurant along Lowery Road.

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?...&ran=201637

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have started working/preparing the site for construction where the hotel(s) will be located off of Lowery Road near N Military Highway. They have cut down the trees on this site. A few bull dozers and workers have been on site working the past week. The ground is pretty much leveled.

I read via the Ward's Corner link (?) that Norfolk is now planning to widen VB Blvd from Military Hwy WEST (?) to somewhere (read: NOWHERE).

This is absolutely typical of how stupid Norfolk as a city is. The most booming part of Military Hwy is traffic choked because they have no money to widen MH from the VB blvd intersection to 64. They have no money to widen the blvd from MH EAST to the city line. But they have money to widen VB blvd westward? So while Norfolk sits, waits and does its typical fix of things that aren't really used, the rest of the area slowly stagnates. Driving from downtown to MH is not the problem at all. That portion of the blvd is nowhere near as backed up as the rest of the portions I have mentioned. Oh well, millions more down the tubes.

I read via the Ward's Corner link (?) that Norfolk is now planning to widen VB Blvd from Military Hwy WEST (?) to somewhere (read: NOWHERE).

This is absolutely typical of how stupid Norfolk as a city is. The most booming part of Military Hwy is traffic choked because they have no money to widen MH from the VB blvd intersection to 64. They have no money to widen the blvd from MH EAST to the city line. But they have money to widen VB blvd westward? So while Norfolk sits, waits and does its typical fix of things that aren't really used, the rest of the area slowly stagnates. Driving from downtown to MH is not the problem at all. That portion of the blvd is nowhere near as backed up as the rest of the portions I have mentioned. Oh well, millions more down the tubes.

Archived