Columbia Place Mall

I've been a big fan of Columbia Place for years and can predict moves of the mall before they announce it to the public. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about. When a store comes to Columbia Place you typically can tell if it is temporary or permanent. Temporary stores in Columbia Place tend to look like that of Urban Station, Milano Menswear, ESES Shoes and Divine Creations. You then have your permanent stores like Charlotte Russe, American Eagle Outfitters, d.e.m.o, and Bath & Body Works. Typically a temporary store will relocate if someone major (PERMANENT STORE) wants their space. Last week Toys & Games Etc. relocated to a bigger space (former Athlete's Foot) in the mall. The wall was pulled out at their prior location on the upper level next to Charlotte Russe. This usually means someone is coming in there to remodel it and open a permanent store. This isn't just being done for upfitting. Prior to Toys & Games leasing that space it was remodeled by the mall, but with no wall used. Next on teh lower level Sissys Furniture (same situation) is relocating to the old LensCrafter's space. They have told me that a new apparel store is opening.

Anyone daring or that may have information find out what is opening in the old Sissy's Furniture space next to Friedman's Jewelers and the old Toys & Games Space next to Charlotte Russe please post this.

I do know that neither from talking to another reliable source will be urban stores.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING WHERE JCPENNEY used to be definitely post.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Columbia Place. They have better stores than Columbiana. But I guess because they have more urban stores and stuff.

I think Columbiana caters to women more than Columbia Place. Columbia Place do have a better variety of urban clothes. I think the most slept on store in Columbia is not in the malls but downtown. Lourie's have some on the best clothing in city. I wonder why People never caught on to Oxford and Louries, both stores keep trendy clothes that most big cities provide like Coogi. Oxford was the first store in the city to sell coogi back in like 99

I wonder why People never caught on to Oxford and Louries, both stores keep trendy clothes that most big cities provide like Coogi. Oxford was the first store in the city to sell coogi back in like 99

Its because people do not associate downtown with shopping anymore. Its a place for business and entertainment. Hopefully that will change....

Its because people do not associate downtown with shopping anymore. Its a place for business and entertainment. Hopefully that will change....

Actually, people that live and work in-town also shop in-town. Downtown has both Louries and Granger-Owings; 2 of the best men's stores in Columbia. The Vista and 5 Points, which for all intents and purposes are part of downtown, have tons of great stores. I think a more proper statement would be "people that live in the suburbs don't associate downtown with shopping".

Actually, people that live and work in-town also shop in-town. Downtown has both Louries and Granger-Owings; 2 of the best men's stores in Columbia. The Vista and 5 Points, which for all intents and purposes are part of downtown, have tons of great stores. I think a more proper statement would be "people that live in the suburbs don't associate downtown with shopping".

Also, Moe Levy's carries the latest in women's fashions from their quarterly purchases in Manhattan.

What mall or area you shop from I guess depends on what your style is......Because Columbia Mall is mostly urban wear, and Columbiana is mostly the upscale and trendy stuff, whereas Downtown/Richland Mall is for business attire and 5 points has mostly college gear........Dutch Square is for people who don't like variety :lol:

True! I was referring to the region as a whole. Anyone in Columbia would immediately recognize Harbison as a prime shopping area, but probably not downtown. I certainly did not mean to imply that there was not shopping downtown or that it did not have a wide variety of options.

What mall or area you shop from I guess depends on what your style is......Because Columbia Mall is mostly urban wear, and Columbiana is mostly the upscale and trendy stuff, whereas Downtown/Richland Mall is for business attire and 5 points has mostly college gear........Dutch Square is for people who don't like variety :lol:

They do have 2 or 3 plus size stores?? lol...Movie theatre is a A+ lol

True! I was referring to the region as a whole. Anyone in Columbia would immediately recognize Harbison as a prime shopping area, but probably not downtown. I certainly did not mean to imply that there was not shopping downtown or that it did not have a wide variety of options.

It also depends on what side of the city you live on. I hate driving all the way to Two Notch , it seems to take forever now a days. I like to go somewhere that i can get in and out without a hassle. Especially,since Christmas is approaching, everyone knows how bad the traffic gets around this time. So i'm just looking for something convienant

You know one of the greatest ways to see what you want in Columbia Place is to call and request it. The customer service representatives have to log what you ask for everytime. Call and ask them for stores that we know could potentially open there.

BELK

HOLLISTER CO.

SPENCER GIFTS

HOT TOPIC

AEROPOSTALE

You know one of the greatest ways to see what you want in Columbia Place is to call and request it. The customer service representatives have to log what you ask for everytime. Call and ask them for stores that we know could potentially open there.

BELK

HOLLISTER CO.

SPENCER GIFTS

HOT TOPIC

AEROPOSTALE

Columbia Place used to have a Spencer's. In the olden days when I frequented Columbia (Mall) Place, Spencer's was a happening place. I don't know why it closed, it was always busy. As far as Aeropostale, YAWN. I have never heard such a big deal made about a boring store. Other than a cool name they have nothing going for them, IMO. As far as Belks, I wouldn't be surprised to see them open in the old Penney's space. I hope that wouldn't mean a closure of their Richland Mall location, however.

I've done my homework and the case is solved on atleast 2 of the retailers coming to Columbia Place.

SC Place

to be located on the upper level next to Charlotte Russe

Smiling faces and beautiful places. Celebrate your state pride with South Carolina, Palmetto Moon, and SC college themed clothing, flags, gifts and more.

Charcoal

to be located on the lower level next to Finish Line

After doing much extensive research on this company. I found it is a 1st year apparel company opening numerous locations across the nation. They don't have a website but I found them across the nation in B-A style malls. Westfield Shoppingtown Southlake in Indiana, Cottonwood Mall in New Mexico and Granite Run Mall in Pennsylvania. This is their first location in South Carolina. Quoted from the marketing dierctor of Westfield Shoppingtown Southlake, "Charcoal is a women's apparel store that caters to women in their 20s by selling the latest trends. Charcoal competes and is in the same bracket as stores like Forever 21, Charlotte Russe and Wet Seal" This means Columbia Place is getting a pretty nice store and we all know that the space (former Eddie Bauer) location is still in excellent condition.

COLUMBIA PLACE WATCHER HAS NEWS FOR YOU...

SC Place

to be located on the upper level next to Charlotte Russe

Smiling faces and beautiful places. Celebrate your state pride with South Carolina, Palmetto Moon, and SC college themed clothing, flags, gifts and more.

Charcoal

to be located on the lower level next to Finish Line

After doing much extensive research on this company. I found it is a 1st year apparel company opening numerous locations across the nation. They don't have a website but I found them across the nation in B-A style malls. Westfield Shoppingtown Southlake in Indiana, Cottonwood Mall in New Mexico and Granite Run Mall in Pennsylvania. This is their first location in South Carolina. Quoted from the marketing dierctor of Westfield Shoppingtown Southlake, "Charcoal is a women's apparel store that caters to women in their 20s by selling the latest trends. Charcoal competes and is in the same bracket as stores like Forever 21, Charlotte Russe and Wet Seal" This means Columbia Place is getting a pretty nice store and we all know that the space (former Eddie Bauer) location is still in excellent condition.

Man Alive

to be located in center court on the lower level.

Man Alive is the nation's leading hip hop fashion retailer. Keeping it real, keeping it true to hip hop. Man Alive is the source for the leading men's and ladies's name brand, designer fashions from the world's top fashion designers and artists.

I do not work for Columbia Place, its owners or management company.

-Still, do not post contact info like that because it could be misconstrued.

Edited by Spartan

Columbia Place used to have a Spencer's. In the olden days when I frequented Columbia (Mall) Place, Spencer's was a happening place. I don't know why it closed, it was always busy. As far as Aeropostale, YAWN. I have never heard such a big deal made about a boring store. Other than a cool name they have nothing going for them, IMO. As far as Belks, I wouldn't be surprised to see them open in the old Penney's space. I hope that wouldn't mean a closure of their Richland Mall location, however.

Well, I know my wife and I would appreciate Belk's moving to the old JCPenney location because for us, it is a little bit of a hassle to drive to Richland from Spring Valley. The Belk's in Richland is not very good in its selection anyway. It would be a great opportunity to spruce up the old Penney's with a Belk's, and the store could be larger and newer. Actually, considering that Columbia Place is a major mall of the area, it would make sense for Belk's to be there.

• 2 weeks later...